The Avatar
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Haljackey

Posted

Would you prefer density choices based on road type or zone

type? I much prefer the latter. Maxis got rid of zone densities this

time around, but they replaced it with road densities.

Share this comment

Owaen

Posted

I would very much prefer to decide the density by zoning!

A scyscraper can be on a rather small road but have great comuting by bus or tram or rail.

Share this comment

eburress

Posted

Having road density dicate zone density was another confusing decision by the Maxis folks.  

Share this comment

Darth VeX

Posted

The more I watch of their videos, the more I think they actually made a wise decision.  You can still have a skyscraper on a tiny road, it's just the road has to be able to handle dense traffic ... which makes sense.

If you can point out a single real-world example of a modern-day skyscraper whose only road access is a simple two-lane dirt road, I will withdraw my opinion.

Share this comment

Moriadne

Posted

The more I watch of their videos, the more I think they actually made a wise decision.  You can still have a skyscraper on a tiny road, it's just the road has to be able to handle dense traffic ... which makes sense.

If you can point out a single real-world example of a modern-day skyscraper whose only road access is a simple two-lane dirt road, I will withdraw my opinion.

Not dirt road, per se, but one of my mates back in college lived in a highrise condo whose only access was a simple two-lane paved road.

Skyscrapers can, in fact, grow in ridiculously small roads, if the demand is high enough. That's what happens in Manila, and other bustling yet old cities which have ancient road and zoning plans.

Share this comment