• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity: The Best Worst Game of the Year

Stuart98

Sydney Morning Herald - Digital Life:

I have a love/hate relationship with the new SimCity. In many ways it is a masterpiece of modern gaming technology, and I find it extraordinarily addictive. In other ways, it is a horribly broken piece of garbage and I hate it.

I realise these two attitudes may seem irredeemably contradictory, so allow me to run through some of the pros and cons of this vastly entertaining train wreck of a game.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/blogs/screenplay/simcity-the-best-worst-game-of-the-year-20130328-2gv83.html#ixzz2P0gOH6Ut

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

nataniels3

Posted

Wow. This guy said many of the things that we are all thinking. let's send this to Maxis so they can see some player complaints and desires. If they fix/ add them, it should be as an update so people won't have to pay more for what should have come in the game. My idea (if it is feasible) is for expandable cities. Land might be able to be bought, thus expanding the city slowly (like annexation). Maxis should also display the tests that led to city sizes being limited and say if the current size is the biggest it can be without slowing down or crashing player's computers.

Share this comment

cirugo

Posted

Wow. This guy said many of the things that we are all thinking. let's send this to Maxis so they can see some player complaints and desires. If they fix/ add them, it should be as an update so people won't have to pay more for what should have come in the game. My idea (if it is feasible) is for expandable cities. Land might be able to be bought, thus expanding the city slowly (like annexation). Maxis should also display the tests that led to city sizes being limited and say if the current size is the biggest it can be without slowing down or crashing player's computers.

MAXIS already knows all of this.  People have been shouting it all in their ears since they announced the game a year ago.  They ignore it and continue to lie about their game design, their motivations, and pretty much everything else about the game.

Share this comment

SS3K

Posted

hhmm yet another review with the same words but was refreshing to see the detail he put into on what needs fixing.

Share this comment

Cottoncandy Cyanide

Posted

MAXIS already knows all of this.  People have been shouting it all in their ears since they announced the game a year ago.  They ignore it and continue to lie about their game design, their motivations, and pretty much everything else about the game.

Don't forget about all the patches and the buggy released game. Never saw a game with so many patches after not even a month in its release. (( And maybe they lied about the Online requirement. If I recall, I think I read an article that says it doesn't need it from one of the members... Can't remember ))

Share this comment

NCGAIO

Posted

Alright we are upset ... but this is unfair! . not yet seen how will be the launch of Battlefield 4 or maybe Command & Conquer

Who knows SC13 escapes this title!

(Do not forget ... miracles happen)

Share this comment

Decius

Posted

BF4 will be fine, DICE actually gets $%&^! done as it should. BF3 release went fine afaik

Share this comment

Moriadne

Posted

Command & Conquer

Isn't that the one that they turned into an always online Free-To-Play system?

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

Share this comment

Adjiebrotot

Posted

i don't like Simcity 2013 so much, except for the multiplayer... i think Simcity 4 is the best simcity serial ever! Simcity 2013 graphics are so cartoonish (maybe after a lot of mod released i will like SC2013) :D

Share this comment

Jim14409

Posted

So very glad I don't have this game! Very glad indeed.

Share this comment