• SimCity Social doesn't sound too promising

User Feedback

Posted

It's an overhyped application for Facebook. What do you expect? :P

Share this comment

Posted

I've tried it. It's not nearly as fun as SC4 and the social bit is irritating.

Share this comment

Posted

How the hell does this constitute 'news'?

Share this comment

Posted

It must be a slow news day.

Share this comment

Posted

Because it's a news article about SimCity

Share this comment

Posted

I'm sorry, I didn't realise there was a link to an article. It seemed like someone was just expressing their own brief view which would be better shared on the forums.

Share this comment

Posted

It's EA's Cityville, clearing ripping off the game. I think it feels a little better, but it's still a Facebook give me your money to get somewhere game.

Share this comment

Posted

2 things:

1. The game isn't even done yet. Just look at how long it took for Cityville to get to the point it's at now. Let's also hope that SCS (not Simcity Societies) does not end up like CItyville has.

2. Do you honestly expect that it will be like SC4? It's a FACEBOOK GAME. It's just the same as all other Facebook games, it requires large amounts of Social interactions with friends.

In my opinion, SCS and the social interaction is a great thing for the entire franchise. Just look at how many people have liked it, 736 thousand! It's great advertising, hopefully it will encourage more people to try SC4 and Simcity.

Share this comment

Posted

2 things:

1. The game isn't even done yet. Just look at how long it took for Cityville to get to the point it's at now. Let's also hope that SCS (not Simcity Societies) does not end up like CItyville has.

2. Do you honestly expect that it will be like SC4? It's a FACEBOOK GAME. It's just the same as all other Facebook games, it requires large amounts of Social interactions with friends.

In my opinion, SCS and the social interaction is a great thing for the entire franchise. Just look at how many people have liked it, 736 thousand! It's great advertising, hopefully it will encourage more people to try SC4 and Simcity.

The reason for the 736 thousand likes is because EA bombard your email address to like the game and get 5000 free extra simoleons to spend in the game.

I tried the game but quickly became irritated due to the constant spam requests. The implementation of the energy consumption feature is just plain stupid. The most annoying of all was having to constantly click on businesses to collect income. I also hated the constant bombardment of purchase diamonds offers every time I click the mouse.

Share this comment

Posted

Cynically, could they be trying to recoup the mess that resulted from SC:S?

Share this comment

Posted

jacksunny, on , said:

2 things:

The reason for the 736 thousand likes is because EA bombard your email address to like the game and get 5000 free extra simoleons to spend in the game.

I tried the game but quickly became irritated due to the constant spam requests. The implementation of the energy consumption feature is just plain stupid. The most annoying of all was having to constantly click on businesses to collect income. I also hated the constant bombardment of purchase diamonds offers every time I click the mouse.

Again, it's no different from any other Facebook game.

Share this comment

Posted

I clicked Like, because I liked the game.

It's not really made specifically for the core group. But I still find it fun either way.

Share this comment

Posted

Ugh... I’m sick of the whiners. If you think you won’t enjoy, don’t bother buying it, and keep your crap to yourself. It’s just a mini game for Facebook… WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL???

Share this comment

Posted

SimCity Societies was fine… Just a different style.

Share this comment

Posted

A Nonny Moose, on , said:

Recoup?? Your telling me the game already failed before they even got started!?!?

NO, that information is WRONG. If it failed, they wouldn’t keep saying it will be released in 2013. Especially they keep having new articles about the game engine all the time!!

Do you listen to what you're saying? SimCity Societies is dead. He wasn't talking about SimCity 2013.

Share this comment

Posted

Nothing we weren't expecting from this 'social' wave. Don't expect SC2013 to be much different.

Share this comment

Posted

From what I've seen recently SimCity 2013 will be a totally new approach. Will Wright said they had "programmed themselves into a corner" with SC4.

SC4 has a large fan base, and I don't see much erosion of it with the release of the new game. Surely we all play more than one game?

Share this comment

Posted

what corner? one might ask. Still lots of improvement possible on SC4

Share this comment

Posted

Personally, I don't see how SC2013 and SimCity Social are related...

SC2013 is being developed my Maxis. SimCity Social is completely unrelated to SC2013, other than the name SimCity (which EA is using only to promote sales of SimCity 2013). This is because EA owns Maxis, so it owns the SimCity franchise. Any way they can juice the money out of Maxis, they will. Despite this, the game is still being developed by Maxis, and I have faith in what Maxis can do. After all Maxis made the original SimCity, SC2k, SC3k, and SC4; not the other failure of a game, SimCity Societies.

Share this comment

Posted

Personally, I don't see how SC2013 and SimCity Social are related...

SC2013 is being developed my Maxis. SimCity Social is completely unrelated to SC2013, other than the name SimCity (which EA is using only to promote sales of SimCity 2013). This is because EA owns Maxis, so it owns the SimCity franchise. Any way they can juice the money out of Maxis, they will. Despite this, the game is still being developed by Maxis, and I have faith in what Maxis can do. After all Maxis made the original SimCity, SC2k, SC3k, and SC4; not the other failure of a game, SimCity Societies.

indeed. The only thing closest I can see now that is a relation to anything that that will be in sc2013 will be the regional build, and that isn't even completely social. It's an unfair comparision and is completely besides the point of this news piece and was a waste of a debate !!!

enough said !

Share this comment