• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Simcity Interview & Walkthrough

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Posted

Still not much info about what we really want to know.

Share this comment

Posted

Good video, noticed a few important pictures and statements:

3:13 "... although we still have that sandbox play..."

4:12 "You can pause your game"

4:33 "You can set regions you play with your friends to public or private [so it would be like invitation only]"

5:12 Variable-lane highways

5:31 Residential zoning [?] conforming around curved roads

5:35 Variable types of intersections [see bottom left corner]

Share this comment

Posted

Wow at the beard :)

Share this comment

Posted

And at 3:30, it seems some of the problems of trains jumping track in SC4 have made it through to the new simcity...

And it looks like they haven't yet put collisions in. The number of times cars drive through each other, pedestrians or houses is quite high :)

Share this comment

Posted

Looking good.. for me the good news was that you can play the whole region by yourself if you want.. or let others join in..

Would be nice to see some of the interface :O)

Share this comment

Posted

Good video, noticed a few important pictures and statements:

3:13 "... although we still have that sandbox play..."

4:12 "You can pause your game"

4:33 "You can set regions you play with your friends to public or private [so it would be like invitation only]"

5:12 Variable-lane highways

5:31 Residential zoning [?] conforming around curved roads

5:35 Variable types of intersections [see bottom left corner]

SEE EVERBODY!! There was nothing to worry about!

And still a year to go on development!

Share this comment

Posted

No powerlines nor pipping.

7.25 '... and you can play an entire region by yourself. Lets say oneday you say I have a friend and I want him to play, you can enter to Origin...' So, game does not need to be on-line.

From what I've seen and knowing EA as we do:

-expect to see the asynchronous method from Spore;

-expect to see validation at run from The Sims 3.

Share this comment

Posted

No powerlines nor pipping.

7.25 '... and you can play an entire region by yourself. Lets say oneday you say I have a friend and I want him to play, you can enter to Origin...' So, game does not need to be on-line.

From what I've seen and knowing EA as we do:

-expect to see the asynchronous method from Spore;

-expect to see validation at run from The Sims 3.

Powerlines at 5:35. If your talking about the smaller ones you see around streets, well they don't often do that anymore. Most powerlines these days are below-ground.

Share this comment

Posted

Sewage pipes got a small mention in the video, can't remember the time.

I like that the water pipes are automatic, I hated laying those pipes in SC4, I just ended up dragging them up and down in a massive grid. But it would be nice to manually draw some pipes, like between neighbour hoods, that aren't connected by road necessarily.

Share this comment

Posted

Interesting the interviewer called this a "reboot" several times when, well, that's sort of an odd thing to call a game with no real continuity or story line between sequels. The interviewed/Maxis guy sort of says things against "graphs and charts" which I hope actually ARE in the game those are greatly useful in SC4.

Share this comment

Posted

Interesting the interviewer called this a "reboot" several times when, well, that's sort of an odd thing to call a game with no real continuity or story line between sequels. The interviewed/Maxis guy sort of says things against "graphs and charts" which I hope actually ARE in the game those are greatly useful in SC4.

They call it a reboot since it doesn't exactly follow the original sequence of the franchise in terms of graphics and gameplay. Instead, they combined different aspects from each of the main SC games. That's why they call the game simply "SimCity", and not "SimCity 5".

Share this comment

Posted

they have done a few public interviews, addressing the game to the whole world, we need a session with them just for us, the dedicated fan, that can ask the big questions.

dirk, can you get an interview with these guys?

Share this comment

Posted

They sure have pointed a few things, but I'm still greatly concerned about "offline" and not "single-player" game-play.

Share this comment

Posted

Maxis: "hey guys...can you please tell everyone that multiplayer and online only is so good that you won't WANT to play alone? please?"

That's what I got from this interview. Meh.

Share this comment

Posted

The fact they basically confirmed you can play alone in a region, invite people as you please or not pretty much is what I got.

Share this comment

Posted

What im most concerned about so far is that all they have said is "sandbox".

So far there has been no mention of taxation, finances or ordinances. I would be disappointed if it is a Simcity where you get unlimited money and only have to worry about demand.

Although, I would like to see what would happen if a city in your region goes bankrupt. Perhaps then the other cities will have to bail it out!

Share this comment

Posted

mwyeoh, they have said that it shows the amount of money your city makes in 'an hour', so there is going to be some form of financial challenge.

Share this comment

Posted

most of you are hung up on the online issues, but there are a lot more things that need to be asked, not just multiplayer

how about mod/bat/customising levels of opportunity?

terraforming?

map making?

tilesets?

ongoing support/updates from maxis, including expansions?

how about we try and squeeze more info out about these issues. they are going multiplayer guys, and they have said it a million times. wait until it's released, move on, and maybe let's try and get some other important issues found out

Share this comment

Posted

synekism looks much more perspectiv

Share this comment

Posted

mwyeoh, they have said that it shows the amount of money your city makes in 'an hour', so there is going to be some form of financial challenge.

Thanks mapboy. Hopefully they release more details on this soon, or even ask for community feedback for the ordinances.

I was hoping they'd release some more details about the financial side of things in E3, but I guess they do still have 7 months to work on the game, and finances are something a little further down the "importance" queue... First is getting the simulations right!

Share this comment