• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity Insider Windmills

Stuart98

A tuning desighner at Maxis talks about Wind Power. It sounds pretty cool... although researching technology... this isn't civcity, this isn't starcraft, this isn't a game where you research stuff,

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

JoshuaGellock

Posted

I'm not sure understand why this statement was made: "...although researching technology... this isn't civcity, this isn't starcraft, this isn't a game where you research stuff..." Ok, and?

• rep_down.png

Share this comment

Decius

Posted

if you read the article you understand. Simcity isnt about researching stuff like an RTS its about planning and building. They are turning it into something like The Settlers without war :S

I understand having teams research stuff for the city in order to improve but its not on par with Simcity.

Share this comment

alexbill

Posted

You people act like whiny babies even for such a small detail in the game! Grow up! A small feature that won't even make a big crater in the gameplay and you people with your magical crystal balls already think they're turning the game into a RTS? Seems like a few people here are rational.

Share this comment

citiesxlfan42

Posted

Reading this article...man, this is more what I'm talking about! This is great looking, and I also love the connections of wind power with service roads and the university. This so beats the robots and guitars as an update! Keep up the good work Maxis!

PS: Did anyone notice how nice that residential district behind the turbines looks?

Share this comment

Mithrik

Posted

It sounds pretty cool... although researching technology... this isn't civcity, this isn't starcraft, this isn't a game where you research stuff

While you are right in that reaserching technologies doesn't sound like something you would find in a SimCity game, this is pretty much an unnecessary argument you are making of your own opinion. Which is not needed at all in the news feed.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

I don't understand all the squawking. One would expect contemporary art work in a new game. Some future design advanced stuff that will be coming out soon would also be good.

Share this comment

timoman

Posted

I think this is going to be cool

makes it seems like early in the city's timeline, the buildings are older looking while time goes on and you research things look modern and almost futuristic (with those wind turbines in the fourth panel)

also - the whole 'wind' thing, where you have to strategically place industry to blow pollution away from your residential area sounds really neat. still pissed about the whole, 'absolutely no single player ever' thing in the last article, but this makes me kind of excited

Share this comment

evanm1487

Posted

researching technology at the university reminds me of age of empires 2 haha. But it does seem interesting having wind actually die down and stuff.

Share this comment

Cob92

Posted

It does make sense that it would come from the university; IRL universities do a lot of R&D for the public good.

Share this comment

croxis

Posted

Don't forget that SC2k also had a passive tech tree where certain buildings only unlock after a specific year. Even SC4 had a "tech tree" mechanic where certain buildings unlocked only after certain conditions were met.

Share this comment