• Moose
  • SimCity Free Trial Download Now Available

CapTon

The defining city simulation is back - and you can try it for free* for a limited time! Build a living world where every choice matters. Be the Mayor and run the show. Ramp up your economy, hire police and firefighters, erect schools... or let crime and corruption run rampant. Improve infrastructure, battle power shortages, solve that pesky, never-ending traffic jam... or unleash a zombie horde to ravage everything. It’s all up to you! It’s your city. Your way.

FEATURES:

The First Ever Free Trial for the #1 Citybuilder – Now you can get a taste of SimCity’s latest edition, released in 2013.

Enjoy A Time-Limited Free Trial – Play for four hours and become the Mayor of your own cities.

Only One Download – Just re-start the SimCity client on your desktop when you upgrade to the full version. No re-downloading required.

Your Cities Are Saved Locally On Your Computer – Once you upgrade to the full version, you can continue expanding the cities you built during the free trial.

Want to learn more about SimCity?Click here.

Questions? – Check out our FAQ.

Visit Source

User Feedback

A Nonny Moose

Posted

I wonder what prompted this?  Is their server use dropping off that badly that they need more "clients"?

Sorry, guys, not this time.

Share this comment

CapTon

Posted

I wonder what prompted this?  Is their server use dropping off that badly that they need more "clients"?

Sorry, guys, not this time.

If you're implying that sales have gone down or something of that relation, then no. Actually, due to the number of mods that have recently been released that have greatly affected the game, SimCity sales have gone up significantly.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

No, I don't think they've lost any servers.  I was wondering about the rationale for offering a free trial.  It is a sales-ploy.

For new customers, awareness of mods and such are very likely irrelevant because they have not plugged into the community.

I am just not pleased with that program at all.  It was over-hyped at the start, and the "new" technology they've used has limited the game far too much.  A proper server-based system could have been much larger and more extensive, but would require the end-user to simply be a terminal to a transaction processing system.

Share this comment

chocolate_city

Posted

I have to agree with Anony Mouse... this is just a marketing ploy... they trying to get the nay sayers to buy now that off-line is available..People will see.... maybe this is actually fun. .. It won't take them long to see all the extra content thats available and bam another unit sold...

Share this comment

feeroz123

Posted

Is it worth to sign up free for an Origin account and play the free trial?

Share this comment

Cob92

Posted

It's not a terrible game, it's just very limited in terms of what it can do with regards to scale. I much prefer its simulation of traffic and services to SC4, and things like tourism have distinct functionality within the simulation whereas they were just eye candy in SC4. Where it falls short is that you will fill the city spaces up very quickly and find yourself having to build more densely in order to get reasonable population figures. There is no room for suburban sprawl or rural areas; the game is strictly geared to playing compact urban cores and small towns.

Share this comment

banwashere

Posted

It's not a terrible game, it's just very limited in terms of what it can do with regards to scale. I much prefer its simulation of traffic and services to SC4, and things like tourism have distinct functionality within the simulation whereas they were just eye candy in SC4. Where it falls short is that you will fill the city spaces up very quickly and find yourself having to build more densely in order to get reasonable population figures. There is no room for suburban sprawl or rural areas; the game is strictly geared to playing compact urban cores and small towns.

Have you tried the mods? Project Orion?

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

I have no doubt that it can be an interesting game for a short time.  Even with the changes they've made, I am not that in love with 3D that I'd pay that kind of money for it.

Share this comment

wozzar

Posted

I will wait until they offer it for free on the house which i reckon wont be long.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

I will wait until they offer it for free on the house which i reckon wont be long.

I doubt it.  It costs to run the servers.

Share this comment

lucidus

Posted

I have to admit I am a little bit tempted by this offer. Would someone who has the game + mods please rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being exactly how it was on release and 10 being equal to SimCity4 + mods.

Share this comment

monsterjamp

Posted

I have to admit I am a little bit tempted by this offer. Would someone who has the game + mods please rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being exactly how it was on release and 10 being equal to SimCity4 + mods.

Honestly, the game hasn't improved much since release. I'll give it a 3 (with mods).

Share this comment

Jamonbread

Posted

I played the beta and then didnt buy the game. (I was bored after about an hour). It wasn't even worth my time installing origin ect. to try it. Also look at the fine print, its not 4 hours of play but 4 hours in one go. I suggest anyone interested in the trial make sure they have a solid 4 hours to kill before activation.

Share this comment

Jim14409

Posted

Found this hiding below the image in the greyed text at:

http://www.simcity.com/free-trial

"TRIAL TIME BEGINS AT FIRST ACCESS OF THE TRIAL AND PLAYER MAY EXIT AND ENTER THE TRIAL AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES DURING THIS PERIOD."

Share this comment

Jimmy Buzaid

Posted

Also its $15 on Amazon. Cheaper than SC4!

Share this comment

Indian007

Posted

if this retarded crappy so called SimCity I game was free I wouldn't waste my disk space and download the crap of a so called simulation game. I am just hoping the guys making cities skyline will make these retards at EA look like fools, which they already are.

Share this comment