Followers 0

Simcity for Education Interview

Scottawa
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Sure, why not?  This version is more realistic as a classroom tool.  I wonder if EA grants a free license to schools. 

What about schools that have an internal net server?  Quite often these are hard up for external bandwidth.

Share this comment

Jahnri

Posted

The bandwith issue is so easy for me to ignore with pretty much limitless bandwith caps. Really is a good point. 

However I don't think the game takes much bandwith. I did a small test when I was beta testing and it was.. well very minimal. 

However, Im not so sure on a full game version. Really remains to be seen.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Well, since saves are on the server, that could be quite a blast.

Share this comment

JoeB123

Posted

Lots of schools have locked down systems and locked down web (likely lot's of ports blocked)

Share this comment

simMayor84

Posted

great fox news one of the most biased and uncredible news sources on the planet, good job maxis. tho im pretty sure maxis didnt have a say in which news source was televising their product i guess. still gotta give it up to those kids who put their hearts out to those science projects. very nice diaoramas(pretty sure thats not spelled correctly). this may not be the simcity we want, but it is a simcity new generations can look to as an inspiration as we all did when we were kids. gotta remember this simcity is geared towards a younger demographic.

Share this comment

simMayor84

Posted

.....with internet connections, lol had to put that in...

Share this comment

Tonraq

Posted

Not going to happen in my school division because computer games are not allowed in school, according to the superintendent.

There are a lot of alternatives out there rather than playing the game.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Not going to happen in my school division because computer games are not allowed in school, according to the superintendent.

There are a lot of alternatives out there rather than playing the game.

Now doesn't that present only a little difficulty depending on the course material required.  The idea that this is a simulation tool and not really a game might do the trick.  You also need to know where the superintendant had buried his body.

What level school are we discussing, by the way?

Share this comment

Rex12345

Posted

I competed in the Nationals as the Southern California representative. The competition in nationals are hard, and I didn't make  it to the top 5. However,I got to talk to Mr. Librande. XD I felt very inferior.

Share this comment

Rex12345

Posted

I competed in the Nationals as the Southern California representative. The competition in nationals are hard, and I didn't make  it to the top 5. However,I got to talk to Mr. Librande. XD I felt very inferior.

IF you are curious to verify my identity  my name is William Loo, and here is an article about us: 

http://www.wvusd.k12.ca.us/apps/news/show_news.jsp?REC_ID=293201&id=1 

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_22616749/walnut 

Share this comment

RMJcar

Posted

great fox news one of the most biased and uncredible news sources on the planet, good job maxis. tho im pretty sure maxis didnt have a say in which news source was televising their product i guess. still gotta give it up to those kids who put their hearts out to those science projects. very nice diaoramas(pretty sure thats not spelled correctly). this may not be the simcity we want, but it is a simcity new generations can look to as an inspiration as we all did when we were kids. gotta remember this simcity is geared towards a younger demographic.

MSNBC is pretty biased too, but anyways if you watch the video you'll realize that it's Washington DC's local fox news. I watch it all the time and it is 0% biased. I think it is the best local news in DC.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Every news channel has some bias.  The people handing out paychecks quite often have an axe or two to grind.

Share this comment

InvaderNat

Posted

Simcity 2013 in class? "miss! can I do some math instead" lol

Every news channel has some bias.  The people handing out paychecks quite often have an axe or two to grind.

Very true, people often complain about fox new's conservative bias but that's only because their used to liberal POVs on most of the other networks.

Share this comment

simcity4deluxe

Posted

Unfortunately I can tell you right now that most schools won't even allow this game in schools because it's a game, which in my opinion is a missed opportunity as always.

Share this comment

Rex12345

Posted

Unfortunately I can tell you right now that most schools won't even allow this game in schools because it's a game, which in my opinion is a missed opportunity as always.

our teacher stated that it was a great learning tool, so he started this mini- regional competition in our school.

Share this comment