• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity Expansion Pack Silently Announced. To be Released on Nov. 12, 2013

Cheddar

Well, it appears EA took another gamble on SimCity. This time with announcing, slowly and silently, the first expansion pack for SimCity.

According to a leaked SimCity newsletter, it states:

"Build your own cities of the future with the first SimCity expansion pack. Transform your cities into a utopian world powered by clean technology or a corporate metropolis feeding your Sims' insatiable consumerism. Build to the sky with the all new, mult-zone MegaTowers, three times the height of the tallest SimCity skyscraper."

The expansion titled "Cities of Tomorrow" will hit store selves on November 12, 2013 - Or somewhere around that time frame.

Will the expansion pack fix all the errors the base game currently has or will it just add to the problem? Is the expansion pack ready for release in November 2013 or will EA continue their tradition of releasing incomplete games?

In November, we will see.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Haljackey

Posted

The biggest beef I have with the game is tile size. Until this is fixed, my wallet will not open to DLC or expansion packs.

Share this comment

mapboy

Posted

Meh, just taller buildings? They aren't getting my money for that...

Share this comment

macscfan

Posted

Not giving them any more money either.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me three or more times, shame on me.

Start coughing up the larger map sizes and modding, and we'll talk.

Share this comment

Cpt Johnny

Posted

This sure looks like it's gonna become another Sims-3-style expansion saga. :O

Share this comment

Wiimeiser

Posted

Gruntilda: Their quality has much diminished,

When was EA's last game finished?

Banjo: 2007.

Mingella: Yes, correct! Now, tell us what the game was...

Kazooie: The Simpsons Game.

Blobbelda: Close enough...

Share this comment

SAGGG

Posted

Expand out, not up, EA!

Share this comment

KingGab

Posted

Not buying this game is one of the best decision I have made this year. what a disaster of a game

Share this comment

Themaroonday

Posted

The biggest beef I have with the game is tile size. Until this is fixed, my wallet will not open to DLC or expansion packs.

I agree, the size of the cities I see on videos is much, much too small, and the cities are not directly connected. I personally think that EA should leave the game alone and not waste more time and effort. Unless they change many of the restrictive concepts and poor setup, I don't think they will be able to attract many more players.

Share this comment

Hellken

Posted

Another teaser: 

1233610_492686297494080_1168015756_n.jpg

Share this comment

Hellken

Posted

I agree, the size of the cities I see on videos is much, much too small, and the cities are not directly connected. I personally think that EA should leave the game alone and not waste more time and effort. Unless they change many of the restrictive concepts and poor setup, I don't think they will be able to attract many more players.

I agree.

They should make a new game from scratch and save their reputation. 

Share this comment

Sandis_van_Great

Posted

So is it a coincidence that sims 3 is releasing future expasion pack also? Its really not SimCity its Sim city.

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

Isn't that exactly what Anno 2070 does?

Share this comment

oppie

Posted

I must say that while I immensely enjoy SC2013, I'm not sure if I'm happy with expansion packs that are based more in fiction than in reality. It seems that they're releasing this futuristic scenario as a tie-in to the "into to the future" The Sims 3 expansion pack that's being released a month earlier

Nevertheless, even though someone already mentioned that the premise to this expansion pack is identical to Anno 2070, I'm probably going to buy it.

Share this comment

Architechnid

Posted

I'm not buying this expansion.  Why would I when every time I go to play SimCity, I'm only entertained for about 2-3 hours, and then any desire to even look at the game has been scrubbed from my being.  Previous SimCity games would last weeks or even months.  If you're going to make a simulation game, make it a simulation of reality, and give me as large and unlimited a sandbox as possible.  Make a game that is so expansive, modding isn't needed because the very nature of the game is modding, or at least make an expansion that tries to address the communities issues.  I didn't once hear anybody complaining, "you know what's wrong with SimCity?  It doesn't have enough science fiction to it."  My $0.02

Share this comment

darkaliendude

Posted

I wanna make an ancient city rather than some stupid futuristic city.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Here we go again.  Lots of hype.  Next?  Server crashes?  Can't connect?

This is one investment I am glad I didn't make.

Share this comment

2four

Posted

Ha!

I'm still playing simcity4 (RH) on my laptop and in a few weeks I'm heading up to the cottage, if its raining - I'l be able to sit inside and continue to work on my city.. with rail and no need to be connected to the internet. EA = Monumental FAIL. You'll never see me forking over my dough for the latest incarnation. pfffft.

Share this comment

Huston

Posted

Ha!

I'm still playing simcity4 (RH) on my laptop and in a few weeks I'm heading up to the cottage, if its raining - I'l be able to sit inside and continue to work on my city.. with rail and no need to be connected to the internet. EA = Monumental FAIL. You'll never see me forking over my dough for the latest incarnation. pfffft.

And this is why I want EA to shove every "good" idea they've come up with up their corporate asses.

I mean. SERIOUSLY. ORIGIN is such a pain to use, with every game needing an internet connection. They're not really solving their piracy problem, only provoking it.

And releasing seemingly "glamarous" DLC after DLC for two dozen dollars each doesn't cut it. Not even this one.

:|

Share this comment

SS3K

Posted

ah yes another scam from the big boys, whats after this I wonder? a Christmas pack and all it gives you is santa and coke adds! I said my good byes after simcity 4 deluxe! I waste my money on photography now and tickets to comic cons!

Share this comment

Cpt Johnny

Posted

Another teaser: 

1233610_492686297494080_1168015756_n.jpg

This weird thing sure doesn't look any better than the robot from Sims 3 into the future expansion:

Plumbot.png

Conclusion: both are not worth the money.

P.S. so is the upcoming Sims 4, if they carry on with the graphics portrayed in the teasers.

Share this comment