• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity Blog: Telephone City Part One

Guibanez_

What happens when one city has multiple Mayors? That’s the question we answered by having six members of the Maxis team play the same city over a course of a day. The rules were simple: one developer picked a city and played for exactly 30 minutes. Once the time was up, another team member picked up where the last Mayor left off. And this continued until all six Maxis Mayors had a chance to play. Thus, the SimCity Telephone City is born.

Visit Source

Hellken, capa07, AshPikachu and 7 others like this
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Buggi

Posted

It took 30 minutes to create a profitable city?

Where's the challenge in that?

Share this comment

Moriadne

Posted

Thus, the fun to be had in a single SimTown is depleted.

Share this comment

mk11232

Posted

3 hours and they have towers and a very populous city?  That's just stupid the game is so simple.

I'm working with a new regional map and I'm 25-30 hrs into one tile alone and still only 25% finished with what I want to do before starting the connecting areas.  I can't see how SimCity will hold someone's interest for 30 hrs of gameplay if you have a full city in 3.

Share this comment

Architechnid

Posted

The game is more simple, because it is geared for more iterations.  Two thoughts here.  One, the game is geared for multi-city play, so while a city takes less time, I think regionally will be analogous to a SC4 city.  Second, while some see this as a minus, I see it as a plus, because I don't have as much time on my hands as I did 10 years, a wife, kid, and dog ago.  This game will be more accessible to me than SC4 is.  I've not played SC4 in a year or so because I've not had the time to sit and devote to it to get anything worthwhile out of it.  I'm not saying you should like it, but simply that I do.

Share this comment

cirugo

Posted

is this supposed to be some major selling point?

Share this comment

Mithrik

Posted

It takes me 5 minutes to make a profitable city in SC4... in hard. Where's the challenge in that too?

Share this comment

Mithrik

Posted

Well, actually, a profitable 5000 people town. But it actually would be about half the space they used, so I think it's in the realm of possible to do.

Share this comment

niac123

Posted

It amazes me how divided the community is on this game. It is literally split in half.

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

It takes me 5 minutes to make a profitable city in SC4... in hard. Where's the challenge in that too?

Do you have the mod where hard mode has you start off with zero money and you need to take out a loan?

Share this comment

Buggi

Posted

Does that 5 min profitable city have police, fire, education and health coverage? Or was it one res lot and one ind lot? :)

Share this comment

MariusMR

Posted

This "game" is not for die-hard SimCity fans. It's for the Bieber generation with their 5 second attention span.

Share this comment

AlikMalix

Posted

I'll have to give it up to the modders -- soon we will make it OUR simcity and not MAXIS.... Mua-ha-ha-ha-haaa.... My SC4 is about 90/10 downloads/maxis content and I mostly use downloads...  But, to make it fair, maxis have put down a pure core entertainmnet down where it tickles my brain (and eyes) with SC4 (they deserve an award, hopefully SC13 will be great (even if different), or i'm staying with SC4 (hopefully all the modders and CJ-ers stay too)...

Share this comment

sobbles4000

Posted

This is ridiculous, telephone city, there already bored with the game lol!

Share this comment

mwyeoh

Posted

Problem for those outside the US...

I cant even see these blog posts unless I go through a US proxy

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

Am I the only one here who thinks "telephone city" sounds silly in general?

Share this comment

simcity4deluxe

Posted

Do you have the mod where hard mode has you start off with zero money and you need to take out a loan?

Why install a mod, compare both without mods on SC4 and you get a fair comparison.

Share this comment

InvaderNat

Posted

"Telephone City" huh... Methinks that city would quickly turn into a monstrocity. I'd never let anyone touch my cities! They're my precious! lol.

Share this comment