• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity 4 10th Anniversary Live Broadcast

dudkis

Maxis will be hosting a broadcast on February 21st to honor the 10th anniversary of SimCity 4. It appears the event will be a fusion between "old" (SimCity 4) and "new" (SimCity 2013).

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

katherman111

Posted

Ah great i'll guess it will be without mods. Because without creativity it's more fun!

Share this comment

LivingInThePast

Posted

Interested in seeing this, but I imagine they're going to be basically trashing SimCity 4's limitations and parading SimCity 2013.

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

No doubt there will be on enclave of uncreative and unenlightened SC'13 fans that most likely never figured out how to use something as simple as a plugin, or never heard of mods, ready and waiting to bash SC4 and give nothing but praise to the new game.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Why do I have a feeling that this will be just another promo for the Dick and Jane show?  I suppose some puppet will take swipes at SC4 while extolling the 2013 travesty.

Share this comment

Jahnri

Posted

Looking forward to the little show. Whatever it turns out to be.

To be honest though most of the negative backlash Im seeing is just as bad, if a bit nicer actually, then what we saw with Sc4.

It didn't have official mod use either early on.

Whats really important is how the coding works. From what I saw, Simcity 2013 has a much easier engine to manipulate. Check out the Glass Engine videos from early on.

Share this comment

cirugo

Posted

Looking forward to the little show. Whatever it turns out to be.

To be honest though most of the negative backlash Im seeing is just as bad, if a bit nicer actually, then what we saw with Sc4.

It didn't have official mod use either early on.

Whats really important is how the coding works. From what I saw, Simcity 2013 has a much easier engine to manipulate. Check out the Glass Engine videos from early on.

hardly.  i participated in the "backlash" against SimCity 4 because of how buggy it was and to keep on their butts about providing a BAT.  The basic gameplay model was well-received.

Share this comment

Jahnri

Posted

Aye, I suppose your right. 

Fundamentally I love the direction they took Simcity as far as resources, trade, sharing and even the online element. It really remains to be seen if the community will be able or even allowed to mod Simcity 2013 into what it can be. The code can be easy to program but if they dont allow that platform.. the game would die. 

Personally though I like the game for it is and I can overlook what it is not. In its current state. However the only thing I can't and wont stand is the small map sizes... No.. just .. no

Share this comment

cirugo

Posted

Aye, I suppose your right. 

Fundamentally I love the direction they took Simcity as far as resources, trade, sharing and even the online element. It really remains to be seen if the community will be able or even allowed to mod Simcity 2013 into what it can be. The code can be easy to program but if they dont allow that platform.. the game would die. 

Personally though I like the game for it is and I can overlook what it is not. In its current state. However the only thing I can't and wont stand is the small map sizes... No.. just .. no

All of those would have been fine additions...however, they are replacements for many things that I personally really liked and that's what I won't stand for.

Share this comment

ggianfra

Posted

......will be a fusion between "old" (SimCity 4) and "new" (SimCity 2013)?????????????

ahahahahahhhh.......funny!!!!!!!!!!

Share this comment

InvaderNat

Posted

Maybe they'll announce a re-release of Simcity 4 with improved graphics, gameplay stability and additional content. Might be wishful thinking on my part though, lol.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Wish away.  It would be nice if they'd just fix the off by one problems that were not caught in the QA, probably due to the rush to the street. 

It would be nice to yank out UDI and either kill it utterly or fix it.  It is almost unusable as it stands.

There is no way to fix the 2.5D graphics for lots other than by recreating all of them, every one.  Too expensive and kills all the custom lots.

A recompile into a 64-bit version with improved basic graphics and the ability to use the new GPUs would be nice.

And by the way, professionally produced programs never crash without full diagnostics including a traceback.  They really shouldn't crash at all, but sometimes ...

Share this comment

airman15

Posted

If they do end up trying to downplay SC4, they will completely miss the fact that it was because of modders and a large fanbase that helped SC4 live on for 10 years..

With the stories I have heard about SC2013, I'm doubting it will have the same legacy as SC4.

Share this comment

Hoipus

Posted

I wonder if SimCity 2013 will last long enough to receive a 10th Anniversary broadcast of its own?

Share this comment