• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity (2013) Patch 6.0 To Include Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode

Haljackey

Better late than never... Glad they're finally coming around to this.

What is windowed (fullscreen) mode? See here: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Borderless_fullscreen_windowed

Update 6 Changes Currently in Testing

We are testing changes to how RCI works in the game in response to feedback directly from our players. The main goals are to make Industrial matter more and make sure the demand bars inform players what they should zone.

New: RCI Tuning - Tuning to make Industrial needed more. Commercial buildings lose profit if they don’t have enough freight. The demand bars should feel like they inform the player what they should zone.

New: RCI height variations for Density 3 Buildings. This will add more variety to the look of your cities.

New: Borderless windowed mode setting.

• Fixes for some issues of the “out of money” problem or unexplained abandonment.

• Clarity around unfilled jobs and workers to make sure players are messaged that there may be an issue where workers cannot get to unfilled jobs.

• Residential and Commercial buildings are now more consistently in the same wealth in an area of a particular land value. Improves visually consistency.

• Help Wanted, no Shoppers, and No Jobs alerts have been added to the Zoning info panel as alerts.

• Data Layer: Greater map accuracy on the land value map. Residential and Commercial wealth colors added. Abandoned buildings show up red.

• Data Layer: Land Value map shows when placing parks.

• Fixed issue where RCI sometimes builds on roads.

• Fix performance slowdown in cities with more than one million tourists.

• UI Clarity: Show which city hall modules are already placed in the region on the palette UI.

• Garbage UI: fixed issue where garbage UI sometimes showed bins that had already been picked up.

• Gifting: Cash gifts will send to another city even if a player leaves the gifting city before seeing gift confirmation.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Well, well.  The question, of course, is why wasn't this originally there?  Since this is actually a pseudo- or borderless window, I fail to see the point other than avoiding some fragility in poor little old windozs.

As for the rest, I guess none of them have played SC4 much or this wouldn't be an issue, now would it?

Share this comment

Cottoncandy Cyanide

Posted

WHY!? Why are all the updates they make SO FRIGGING useless and ruin the game for me ;_;

I hate having industry in the same city as my skyscrapers. Why? Sizes just don't make it look natural ;w;

Why wasn't this in the beginning? Why did they rush? Why do they not plan ahead of time? Why are they slow? Why are they so useless and ignorant of what their fans want?

So many useless patches! Gah!

I HATE YOU EA. ROLL OVER AND DIE.

EDIT: okay, maybe not all their patches are useless but... only like, a few improvements like traffic and some money things. but that rest just doesn't fix texture problems, bug fixes, and all that other junk.

Share this comment

Capt. Patrick

Posted

no so useless for me, I was getting out of money abandonments all over the place. AND MY TAXES WERE LOW! + lots of jobs available. This patch would be helpful.

Now if only EA would fix the empty unclaimable city problem...

Share this comment

Tonraq

Posted

I don't know what's on their mindset, but I'm baffled.

Share this comment

Haljackey

Posted

Well, well.  The question, of course, is why wasn't this originally there? 

This was the very first issue with the game that I told them to fix way back in the first closed beta. Virtually EVERY new game has a windowed borderless mode and I was scratching my head why SC13 did not.

-I thought it would come later, but after the Dev. Beta and the other closed betas still nothing. Then nothing at launch...

Like I said, better late than never but this is something that will deter people from buying the game. Excluding this one option could have been one reasons why sales were low at launch.

Share this comment

OcramsRzr

Posted

I wanted commercial to require freight but I wanted freight to become a product/good that could be traded on the global market.

Share this comment

Cpt Johnny

Posted

This game is turning out to be just like the Sims 3.

Share this comment

macscfan

Posted

I don't know what's on their mindset, but I'm baffled.

It would help if they had some SC staffers coming out and talking about the bigger issues, like city sizes.

Share this comment

macscfan

Posted

This game is turning out to be just like the Sims 3.

But we've only had 5 DLC sets released for SC from $8.99 - $9.99.  SimCity needs about 5-10 more sets in the next several months before it begins resembling the Sims.....

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

Well, well.  The question, of course, is why wasn't this originally there?  Since this is actually a pseudo- or borderless window, I fail to see the point other than avoiding some fragility in poor little old windozs.

As for the rest, I guess none of them have played SC4 much or this wouldn't be an issue, now would it?

The answer to that question is easy: The game was never complete.

Share this comment

Cpt Johnny

Posted

As I said earlier, this game is just like the Sims 3. They purposely made the base game incomplete so that gamers will purchase the DLCs. A very cunning market strategy that Maxis didn't think of when they made the Sims 1.

I recently re-played the Sims 1, turns out, NO BUGS AT ALL :O

Share this comment

Cottoncandy Cyanide

Posted

As I said earlier, this game is just like the Sims 3. They purposely made the base game incomplete so that gamers will purchase the DLCs. A very cunning market strategy that Maxis didn't think of when they made the Sims 1.

I recently re-played the Sims 1, turns out, NO BUGS AT ALL :O

So all of the bugs and the content like terraforming and stuff were not included just cause for some more money? I wonder how the expansion pack will cost for those things( terraforming, bigger city sizes, etc... ) will probably be about $20. ;_;

Well that sucks.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

They may be thinking they've found golconda.  I think it will turn out to be iron pyrites.

Share this comment

JoshuaGellock

Posted

Now if only EA would fix the empty unclaimable city problem...

This is a good suggestion. Cities that are abandoned should have an expiration period - maybe like 2 or 3 weeks and the city becomes "claimable." Another suggestion might be if a region has 3 or more abandoned cities (for 4 weeks), the region itself is retired / deleted. 

Share this comment

JoshuaGellock

Posted

Let me take a step further and say I hope the game is never complete. Curate the game all the time? Fine by me. :)

Share this comment

paeng

Posted

Let me take a step further and say I hope the game is never complete. Curate the game all the time? Fine by me. :)

Interesting... so how much more money are you folks willing to spend on this game for all the mini components? Or does anyone still believe that custom content will be possible at some future time?

Share this comment

JoshuaGellock

Posted

Interesting... so how much more money are you folks willing to spend on this game for all the mini components? Or does anyone still believe that custom content will be possible at some future time?

I don't expect many people to understand how medium-to-large size businesses work. Reading the comments here, its clear many don't. I don't say that a shot to peoples' intelligence either - I say it simply as the reality of things - or rather my observation anyway. Things take time, is my point. Lots of red tape with larger companies.

Concerning your first question, no one has paid for the updates, so...as far as the DLC is concerned, its optional. They know about the issues. I mean seriously, if you work for Maxis, you'd have to be locked in a box to not know people want bigger cities, cheaper DLC, etc. It's all over their social web properties. Because DLC continues to be released however, people make the false assumption that it's their bandaid to the problems. Again, people not understanding that multiple workstreams take place in a business. 

I still believe custom content will be available eventually, but I think there are more pressing issues at hand for Maxis.

Share this comment

siso43

Posted

I think, if Maxis bring us a new Mod at any time, it is more worst the game. I don't know, if they fix the game ever.

Share this comment

paeng

Posted

I don't expect many people to understand how medium-to-large size businesses work. 

Well, I don't know about that... but after almost 40 years of running my own (small) company I have enough understanding not to share your opinions about EA or Maxis with regards to customer relations - red tape or not.

Right, their "upgrades" so far were free - but they are also just bandaids for the many quirks and errors of this game, far from being really solid yet. Okay, so proper fixing takes time - agreed...

And right again - their DLC is optional... if you discount the fact that you can only play proper (co-operative) "multiplayer" if everybody owns the corresponding DLC (unless I'm mis-informed here).

Still - there is already DLC for what? 40, 50 Bucks? Almost as much as the game originally cost (three months ago), while the true problems with its engine can hardly be considered fixed (at best: patched). I guess that's okay - Apache (A Patchy Server) started like that, too... and 20 years later it's a pretty solid product ;-)

But their latest 'survey' does nor really smell of opening up for true custom content - rather like looking for small loopholes where they can press in more (paid) DLC (appearing to conform to player's wishes). To be honest - I have serious doubts that this game will ever be moddable with the same scale and creative freedom as previous SC releases.

Worst Case: In the end, there will be a 'casual player base' without any creative commitment aside from having 'invested' hundreds of bucks in a mediocre game... moving on to 'the next' once EA pulls the plug.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to diss anyone here... it's a free world, everybody can spend their money any which way they please... once in a while I just like to review and maybe adjust (at least) my own outlook... Others mileage may vary ;-)

Share this comment