• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity – The Vanishing Act

Kythlyn

With the recent release of the 2.0 patch, SimCity should be better than ever, but the troubles continue for Maxis' city building simulator. With cities disappearing, it's like it's launch week all over again, and with the closing of SimCity Social, one can't help but to wonder if SimCity might suffer the same fate.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Madaboutsimz

Posted

At this point I don't know what to think of the new SimCity. The community has already made their views and complaints vocal but it's like EA has turned deaf ears on any recurring complaints. How do they expect to be viewed upon favorably if they're unwilling to listen and change the unpopular? What a joke. 

Share this comment

Hellken

Posted

I don't have the game yet but I predicted problems with saves would occur since this game required you to be online 100% of the time. I am not surprised people's cities would get deleted eventually by the poor servers. 

On the bright side, I am sure EA's competitors will see a big market in city - simulation games after watching this SimVillage fiasco.

Share this comment

I don't have the game yet but I predicted problems with saves would occur since this game required you to be online 100% of the time. I am not surprised people's cities would get deleted eventually by the poor servers. 

On the bright side, I am sure EA's competitors will see a big market in city - simulation games after watching this SimVillage fiasco.

let's hope that once people make other City sims and more people will buy that, EA will wake up from their money bed and fix sim city.

Share this comment

xfalcon12x

Posted

I wouldn't count on it, their ego and greed has overcome. This ship has sunk no chance on them changing the course. S.O.S-imcity. Our only hope is someone new will come along with what everyone wants.

Share this comment

JoshuaGellock

Posted

I work in the telecommunications field and it is not uncommon for an update to go out for a product or service and carry-over some problems. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm simply saying it happens. I think in this case, Maxis may have felt their patch was 'good enough' and decided to roll it out. Maybe they thought they could make some gains, and tweak things that needed tweaking after the rollout. The problem with this approach is exactly what the article points out: unintended consequences. I'm sure it will get to a place of stability. Not sure when though.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Well, it looks like the rush to market is going to fatal.  Too bad, really. 

Except for this always on-line fiasco, this might have been a nice reboot of the original game with considerble improvements. 

However, the pour the sims down the road approach is utter nonsense, and the overdependence on glassbox and agents has sounded what may be the final whistle as the ship goes under.

I don't understand what, if anything, is being simulated.

Share this comment

elavery

Posted

SC2013 is just crap.  All of it's so called advantages such as simulating individual sims are just lies and smokescreens.  This game is like an onion, the more layers you peel off, the more it stinks.

Share this comment

jabezscratch

Posted

I've held off on buying SC2013 to see how it evolves and matures and, in particular, whether the community expands it with custom content like SC4.  More and more, I am resigning myself to the reality that I'll just keep on keeping on with SC4 and never play SC2013.  Amazingly after all these years, I still find SC4 satisfying and fun and I think I can live with that.  Not impressed with SC2013 so far.

Share this comment

xavius

Posted

Servers will be shutdown before next christmas at this pace.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Not as long as enough suckers continue to "play".

Share this comment

dscampbell

Posted

Not as long as enough suckers continue to "play".

And here is the problem. I just can't get my head around why people would actually be willing to pay monney for such a bad product. It's like going to a carrdealership and saying: "Hey, give me that 15 year old Ford over there with the rust and broken gearbox. I'll pay you full price for it!" Are people really this stupid?

Share this comment

metarvo

Posted

So, it's the dreaded city pox.  That's the trouble with cities being stored in the cloud: you can't back them up, so if something happens and they disappear, they're gone for good.  Oh, and Imperials tend to take cloud cities over if they have good gas resources. xD

Share this comment