• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCity – One Month Later

Kythlyn

It's been a month since the launch of SimCity, and much has changed. This article goes over many of the changes to the game, and tries to answer the question, "Is now the right time to play SimCity?"

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

cwhomer

Posted

The right time for me to consider this SimCity will be when its feature list meets or exceeds SimCity 4. This includes not only comparable region sizes, transportation options, and an offline mode but clear, dedicated, and consistent support by EAxis for a free modding community. Without the fourth the rest are irrelevant.

Share this comment

simMayor84

Posted

this game will never be a buy for me. the author pretty much summed up my problems with the game. ea/maxis continues to act like they know better when they clearly do not know what they are doing. its humorous to see how many patches are coming out in the short amount of time it released and the main problems are still not resolved. it just shows that they did not care and just put out a half finished, buggy mess of a game. 

Share this comment

eoin247

Posted

I still experience rollbacks. Even an uncommon rollback is unacceptable at this stage.

What has happened in a month? Some small bug fixes but overall not nearly enough.

Share this comment

SS3K

Posted

10 years on still playing simcity 4, one month on simcity 2013 still fails so it seems. What more can I say?

Share this comment

TylerD

Posted

"For the patient players that decided to wait it out, is now the right time to finally play SimCity? Wait for patch 2.0, or give it another couple of months. Your patience will be rewarded when you eventually decide to play the game."

Well don't think so. Patience is not enough. This game will simply never become what the gamers expect it to be. No matter how many patches they will make. We better have a lot of patience and faith that Maxis/EA will create a new Simcity that meets our expectations

Honestly. I don't think Maxis/EA will ever create the game we want to have. They had all the time in the world, 10 years, to read and see what modders, fans and players of Simcity 4 wanted to see. And this is what they came up with......

Share this comment

oldbrokenlink

Posted

a month out and simcity 2013 is still essentially the same broken game that was released to us

and that is not going to change much because they dont consider it broken they did all the things we think as broken on purpose

the game was not created for us, it was created for a different audience for little more than occasional waste of time casual play

and of course for microtransactions and to sell ingame ads, like the leaf dlc we just got

Share this comment

Battello_ebbro

Posted

So glad I did not buy it; but I had to change something so after 10 years of SC4 I started palying seriously to Cities xl which is now much better, thanks to growing number of mods;

Share this comment

cortezz

Posted

"Ultimately we didn’t feel that the cost of adding in that extra layer of micro detail made the macro game play richer. Game design is filled with tradeoffs and compromises like this and we are constantly evaluating these (and many other) decisions.” I love this line what was the tradeoff?. The map size is very small and only trade off would of been the ability to make larger map. Most of the traffic problems are caused because sims don't have a permanent home or work place.

Which none of the choices they made makes any sense. Are they going for sim town or simcity? Because lack strong marks in both.

Share this comment

Empowered One

Posted

I seriously regret buying it. Still very bugged and in so much need of improvement and balancing.

Share this comment

drpainless

Posted

Its still ea game and origin so i will never play it.

U foold me too much now ea.

Share this comment

bluespottedhorse

Posted

I tell this to everyone, let your money do the talking. It's a city building game who cares what the people do. People should simply be eye candy based on population but no more. That level of data is simply a waste of coding and resources that would be better spent on giving us cities of any size.

Share this comment

absolufab

Posted

I thought I paid for a full game and it turns out to be a demo only. Well, not completely. The biggest change with the demo is that you can play for more than an hour.

Smaller companies release better games like Cities XL (even if they never really fixed the memory leak issue) and have better support and customer listening like Cities in motion 2 (which is a lot cheaper). 

Things might not even change because they, at EA, believe they did a fantastic game and customers simply do not understand what they are supposed to need. It's big disappointment.

Happy longer life to SC4 and thanks to all the people who devellop the great mods for this game and Simtropolis.

Share this comment