• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Sim City 2000 Tabletop Play Set

Dirktator

This guy is printing out SimCity 2000 cities with his 3d printer. Very cool. Check it out:

"All these building where modeled in Google Sketch-Up based on my memories of playing Sim City 2000. (Still my favorite computer game of all time). This is an ongoing effort. I model these buildings when I am in-between projects and need something to clear my head. Expect more buildings to be added to this thing as time goes on."

-Skimbal

More 3d printed SimCity buildings by others in the gallery.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

SimHoTToDDy

Posted

I totally did something similar with paper models at one point. Kinda wish I still had the little pictures I made pixel-by-pixel in MSpaint. Looking back I don't know how my hands were able to successfully tape the tiny 1" tall houses that I came up with, houses complete with bay windows and porches!

Ahh... good times.

Share this comment

Wustmann

Posted

If only 3D printers didn't cost so much

Share this comment

nukeu123

Posted

hmm certainly not a every thing you see i wouldnt mind if there was a board game or somthing

Share this comment

Evandad

Posted

Nice work!

Share this comment

Finkle

Posted

I seen them trying to sell 3D printers on FBN a couple weeks ago..... in the 90s they were using them to print frog parts (lungs or a heart)... be pretty neat to see where they go with that part of 3D printing.... They, a collage in southern California built there own out of old printers, I always wonder if they get really industrious and make their own or buy one when it comes to fancy machinery, like CNC machines... or in my case a lathe (will I get to make or buy one first.

Share this comment