• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Share Your Cities

Multi Ice

Now that the SimCity Beta is back this Saturday, February 16, we want to see what you’re made of. Or, more precisely, what your cities are made of! Residential, commercial, industrial – whatever type of city you create, we want to see it.

Luckily, capturing screenshots (or videos) is super easy. For snapping screenshots, all you have to do is this:

• Press “c” to capture a screenshot

• You can find your screenshots in your user directory: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\SimCity\Pictures

• To turn off the UI, click Options>Settings>Gameplay>Hide UI in Captured Videos and Screenshots

For videos, it’s the same process:

• Press “v” to capture a video

• You can find your videos in your user directory: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\SimCity\Movies

• To turn off the UI, click Options>Settings>Gameplay>Hide UI in Captured Videos and Screenshots

• To capture in 720p, click Options>Settings>Gameplay>Video Capture Resolution>1280x720

That’s it! See – told you it was easy. Now here comes the fun part: Once you’ve built up a cool-looking city, share your screenshots with us so we can share it with Mayors from around the world. Here’s how:

• Send your shots to SimCityCommunity@ea.com with the subject line “SimCity Beta Shots”

• Tweet your shots to @SimCity with the hashtag #SimCityBeta

During the Beta we’ll be sharing your creations on our Facebook page. And, once the Beta has ended, we’ll compile the best of the best and showcase them right here on SimCity.com. EA's TOS applies: http://bit.ly/Q98V0s

To give you some inspiration, check out these beautiful screens from Creative Director Ocean Quigley and Lead Gameplay Scripter Guillaume Pierre:

share_3.gif

share_1.gif

OK, Mayors – ready to showcase your cities? See you in the Beta!

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Superbacon

Posted

Or press Print Screen, upload them and post them to this site.

Share this comment

frdrcklim

Posted

you know, the video capture seems very useful. you don't see many developers making those. they probably just assume you download fraps or afterburner, but this is quite hassle-free.

Share this comment

Multi Ice

Posted

Or press Print Screen, upload them and post them to this site.

LOL

Share this comment

Crazy_Ivan80

Posted

I'm sure they mean sharing your villages :P

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

I think sharing a video is rather a bit of overkill.  Surely a still or two will suffice?

How did it go, anyway?

Share this comment

Nunyabiznezz

Posted

I didn't get "invited" back for the second beta. I guess my critique hurt their feelings :-).

Share this comment

alexis101

Posted

Was a bit disappointed...  I was one of the few sc4 fans that was a bit excited about this sim city. I knew I would get tired of it faster than sc4. But after 45 minutes playing I almost had my map fill. Even with the full game the only thing I would still have to do is upgrading my civic building and hoping for some new building to start to appear.

Share this comment

Multi Ice

Posted

Was a bit disappointed...  I was one of the few sc4 fans that was a bit excited about this sim city. I knew I would get tired of it faster than sc4. But after 45 minutes playing I almost had my map fill. Even with the full game the only thing I would still have to do is upgrading my civic building and hoping for some new building to start to appear.

SIMCITY 5 will never be good,no small or medium or large cities.no highways,small number of buildings,and only they make huge money on that :O

Share this comment

KingGab

Posted

this game is like an $80 facebook Cityville...-_-

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Sounds like some people were really impressed -- not!

Share this comment

lew1984

Posted

lol peoples general satisfaction with this game decreases every day I read these new articles.

Share this comment

Multi Ice

Posted

this game is like an $80 facebook Cityville...-_-

Simcity2013 is going to be terrible,thank god we have simcity4

Share this comment