• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

"Banished" a City Building Strategy Game

Freddyeddy

Banished is a city-building strategy game that charges you with the task of starting a small town, growing population, managing crops. Place buildings to harvest resources and convert them into goods. There is no mass transit, or any kind of transportation network, but the small rural town simulator might appeal to some looking for a change of pace.

The game is very near release with a 2013 ship date. More details at the site, and support the developer if you like it.

More videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShiningRockSoftware?feature=watch

Welcome to the world of Banished! In this city-building strategy game, you control a group of exiled travelers who decide to restart their lives in a new land. They have only the clothes on their backs and a cart filled with supplies from their homeland.

The objective of the game is to keep the population alive and grow it into a successful culture. Options for feeding the people include hunting and gathering, agriculture, trade, and fishing. However, sustainable practices must be considered to survive in the long term.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Superbacon

Posted

Thanks for posting this. I really do love these kinds of games. Really reminds me of Age of Empires without the fighting and armies. I want to play this now.

Share this comment

zorkman

Posted

It is similar to Age of Empires, but reminds me more of a very updated version of the old Kingdom games that were around in the dawn of computer gaming.

Share this comment

Dirktator

Posted

This actually looks really good, reminds me of Stronghold games but... better. Hard to believe it's so polished and everything is done by a single developer? Wow.

Share this comment

jason leo

Posted

Looks promising, will looking forward for more info about it.

Share this comment

Architechnid

Posted

I'd buy it.  I'd like to see how deep it really goes.

Share this comment

Mr. Flibble

Posted

Compare this to what was presented for Civitas and you see why for me at least that was a joke bordering on a scam from beginning to end. This looks fantastic, all the more so for being made by one person. Thanks for posting it.

Share this comment

blaqsk8

Posted

Take note Maxis...this is how SimCity should look...

Share this comment

Dirktator

Posted

Very interesting. I think it is "bread" for the hungry "builders". To be followed very carefully. This is the link of the site http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/

For me, it's the appeal of something realistic in terms of functionality and aesthetics.

Share this comment

Buggi

Posted

I love these kinds of games! Amazing that it was done with a single person. Wow.

Share this comment

Mr_Maison

Posted

This is very good! Like I always say, there are some very talented people in the world. This is something I would definitely buy and I am inspired by the artist who is making this.

Share this comment

Panos

Posted

Looks like Children of the Nile. But in medieval setting. 

Share this comment

spa

Posted

What's amazing is that one guy is working on this!

Share this comment

paeng

Posted

Thanks for posting this link... Very handsome and sort of peaceful design, I hope he expands on that instead of going into 'combat'.

Share this comment

P_lagos

Posted

It reminded me of Chris Sawyer and RollerCoaster Tycoon: One developer, one great game...

Waiting for it...

Share this comment

Jamonbread

Posted

Don't think its actually a city builder to me but more like a management game. Reminds me Age of Empires as well with a little mix of Anno and ive never played settlers but looks similar to that as well. Doesnt seem too deep but looks good and im impressed by the small developer. Definitely interested in giving it a try

Share this comment

lew1984

Posted

Looks very interesting will probably give it a go, that's another game then that's going to keep me antisocial for a bit lol. 

Share this comment

Anderson Xeyed

Posted

It looks a really promising game. Lol... I'd say the same here, Iew1984. You'll find interesting the T4 DLC Megalopolis and Vigilante.

Share this comment

Anderson Xeyed

Posted

It looks a really promising game. Also... let's hope some company doesn't screw this up designing it for Online play. Lol.

Share this comment

Mikie

Posted

Yep! same here!  I really wanna play this game as well!   so far looks better than Sim City! :) 

Share this comment