• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Pre-Order Cities of Tomorrow

Dirktator

Pre-order for Cities of Tomorrow limited edition for USD$29.99 is available on Origin.

Includes Space Tourism

Space Tourism comes to SimCity with the Launch Arcology! Make extra money by sending your Sims on a fantastic adventure to the stars. Build this all-new landmark and decide which segments of your populace (good or bad) to send into space on each individual launch. Marvel at the launch spectacle as you send your Sims off to an unknown fate.

Also...

New Disaster

Brace yourself for an all-new type of disaster only fitting a technologically-advanced economy: a giant robot attack on your city!

Transform Tomorrow

Watch your city transform as it adapts to the changing times, with new options based on real-world technology such as Mag Levs that rise above the city streets and small buildings, futurized vehicles, and service drones.

Corporate Consumerism vs. Green Utopian

Unlock two new city specializations that allow you to build a resource-hungry mega corporation powered by a low-wealth workforce, or an urban utopia that develops clean technology and is controlled by the rich.

Build into the Sky

Create towering multi-zone MegaTowers that allow your Sims to live, work, and play without ever having to touch the ground.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

infamousjbe

Posted

They're selling a DLC for the same cost as the full game in the stores right now?!?!?!

..................keep trying cause you ain't getting any from me.

Share this comment

NCGAIO

Posted

Hummm!. Let's see .. attack of  robots, space launch, arcologies, multi-zone buldings..

where it will be I've seen it ?

But surely the kids will love it!!... then is good to parents prepare the wallets 

Share this comment

Huston

Posted

Really? $30.00? For DLC? You have to be joking. Seriously. Why can't EA/Maxis be more reasonable, I mean I don't even remember SC4 Rush hour being that much, and it was even a physical copy, not digital. Heck, I got SC4 Deluxe Edition for NZ$24.

Share this comment

Cpt Johnny

Posted

"Brace yourself for an all-new type of disaster only fitting a technologically-advanced economy: a giant robot attack on your city!"

How about a giant hurricane/flood/tsunami sweeping through the EA headquarters? I'd like to see that simulated.

Share this comment

Huston

Posted

"Brace yourself for an all-new type of disaster only fitting a technologically-advanced economy: a giant robot attack on your city!"

How about a giant hurricane/flood/tsunami sweeping through the EA headquarters? I'll like to see that simulated.

I'd be hooked. That's something I'd love to see.

Share this comment

Bazkur

Posted

I pre-ordered because I truly like this game.  It's no SC4 (or even SC5) but it is NOT suppose to be.  Play it or don't, no need to bully others that actually enjoy the game.  I know for 100% fact I'm not alone in loving the game.  Like anything else, there is no pleasing everyone.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Well, it is your money.  Total investment for people who've bought all the pieces must now be upwards of US $150.  This is starting to get to be serious money, even these days.

I am not a fan of DRM/DLC that can be withdrawn at any moment, so I have yet to see what the value is.

Share this comment

Haljackey

Posted

Really? $30.00? For DLC? You have to be joking. Seriously. Why can't EA/Maxis be more reasonable, I mean I don't even remember SC4 Rush hour being that much, and it was even a physical copy, not digital. Heck, I got SC4 Deluxe Edition for NZ$24.

Yes but not at launch. SC4 Rush Hour was $19.99 (CAD) at lunch if I recall correctly.

In contrast, SC3K Unlimited cost me $80 at launch. But that one comes with the full game (similar to SC4's deluxe edition) and an awesome binded manual I still read every now and then.

Share this comment

Bazkur

Posted

$150 isn't a lot of money for entertainment.  I don't think of it as purchasing a product I think of it as I would going to the movies.  Figure $13 for a movie ticket (last time I was there).  That means a two hour movie is costing me $6.50 per hour.  Having spent 390ish hours on SC2013 that $150 works out to .39 cents an hour.

Well worth my money.

Share this comment

dscampbell

Posted

I'd say fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me, but I didn't fall for this scam the first time so they can do whatever they like for all I care.

Share this comment

APSMS

Posted

Well, it is your money.  Total investment for people who've bought all the pieces must now be upwards of US $150.  This is starting to get to be serious money, even these days.

I am not a fan of DRM/DLC that can be withdrawn at any moment, so I have yet to see what the value is.

Honestly regardless of the game mechanics (since who can determine what is enjoyable or not), this should be the final criticism. When we can keep the game for as long as we have compatible computers, then I will find the DLC and all of the hype acceptable. Until then... Also, I used to spend $4 for a triple feature movie as recently as five years ago, so $150 (or $13) for entertainment seems a bit steep to me.

Share this comment

Bipin

Posted

"Brace yourself for an all-new type of disaster only fitting a technologically-advanced economy".

Change "economy" to "company" and you've written the first part of your biography, EA!

Share this comment

Cpt Johnny

Posted

"Brace yourself for an all-new type of disaster only fitting a technologically-advanced economy".

Change "economy" to "company" and you've written the first part of your biography, EA!

Well said! IMO, it sounds better than what I've posted above.

BTW, I'll really like to see water-related disasters such as hurricanes, floods and tsunamis in the game. WE DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY MORE OF YOUR STUPID DUMB UGLY ROBOTS, EA!!  :rage:  :rage:

Share this comment

Benedict

Posted

Setting the cost issue to one side, I do think the screenshots I've seen with the futuristic city towers are very interesting. The fact that the towers are modular lends to cities having interesting and unique skylines. I'll be interested to see what happens when players get their paws on the released content to see how game play is impacted.

Share this comment

Lot Creator

Posted

> $30.00

I'm sad now. ::forevercriesandloseshope::

Wait till they add oculus rift support, then you'll see the world with brain numbing FOV and color hues that make you faint...

Share this comment

Gurning_Chimp

Posted

Then off the back of this, get Judge Dredd stuff for a tenner!

Share this comment

Monster's Cat

Posted

I pre-ordered because I truly like this game.  It's no SC4 (or even SC5) but it is NOT suppose to be.  Play it or don't, no need to bully others that actually enjoy the game.  I know for 100% fact I'm not alone in loving the game.  Like anything else, there is no pleasing everyone.

Yep , totally agree with ya.

Share this comment

APSMS

Posted

^^^What do you mean? All the negativity?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's fun to play (how could it not be?), it's just out of my price range, and I like owning stuff for as long as I ought to be able to own it. Not rent it.

Only beef I have specifically with EA/Maxis about the expansion (besides the price) is the killer robots. I mean, seriously, since when was that new or exciting? (SC4, SC3000, SC2000, anyone?) Otherwise, it will be neat to see what people do with the pack once it comes out.

Share this comment