• cirugo
    cirugo

Polygon further lowers SimCity review rating to a 4

Polygon initially gave the game a 9.5. Since then, due to server issues with the game, they have dropped it to an 8 and now have dropped it further to a 4.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

This is really quite shocking to me.  I don't think that I have ever seen this happen before.  I definitely think it's high time that reviews weight problems caused by game architecture just as heavily as the gameplay itself.

Share this comment

Finally, some consequences are being doled out over the genuine sloppiness the game has degraded to.  I only wish someone would give this thing a rating with a certain number I'm thinking of.  This number looks a bit like a circular city you can build in this game.

Share this comment

I am definitely in a "wait and see" mode in terms of whether I am going to buy this new version.  SC4 has served me well for 10 years and I'm content to continue with it unless I see compelling evidence that the new SC (2013) is up to SC4 standards.  It appears, at this point, that it is not.

Share this comment

Hellken... yessssssss. Surprise surprise this is happening. I just hope they learn a lesson that they can't seem to from the fans.

Share this comment

The problems with the game are CRIMINAL!  People are out there PAYING FOR a product that doesn't even COME CLOSE to doing what it was advertised to do...  I wish we could get word out to EVERYONE still planning to buy this game and tell them NOT TO. EA deserves a big fat goose egg on their quarterly report under "revenue" after this mess.  Having owned SC 2000, 3000, and 4, I would have purchased this installment just to have it, even though I now have little to no time to play it.  That ship has sailed... I stayed on board for all the "always-online," or "sometimes-online" crap that was force fed during development, but wow, this is now nothing short of a train wreck... Reading all the horor stories about how BASIC FUNCTIONALITY is impossible to achieve has caused me to never, ever buy this game.

Share this comment