• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Paradox Shatters sales record on Cities Skylines

wozzar

Cities: Skylines sells more within 24 hours than any previous game in the Paradox catalogue!

STOCKHOLM – March 12, 2015 – Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order, currently gaming’s proudest parents, have today revealed that Cities: Skylines, the critically and commercially acclaimed city simulation game for PC, Mac and Linux, has sold an incredible 250,000 copies, including pre-orders, in its first 24 hours on sale, shattering sales records for every previous game in the Paradox catalogue released within the same period of time.

Commenting on the success of Cities: Skylines, CEO of Paradox Interactive Fredrik Wester said, “We would like to offer our deepest and heartfelt thanks to the community for their passionate support and to let them know that we are committed to supporting this wonderful game for years to come, in the same way that we have for our Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis communities. We knew that we had a great game on our hands and so to be able to continue to provide fans of the game with a multitude of new content for it going forward is fantastic.”

Wester then went on to talk about their relationship with developer Colossal Order. “Our congratulations and thanks must also go to developer Colossal Order for making what is being widely described as the new benchmark of the city building genre. We have forged a strong partnership with them over a number of years through the release of Cities in Motion and Cities in Motion 2, and I am happy to see such a talented team now being widely applauded for their unmatched passion and skill.”

CEO of Colossal Order Mariina Hallikainen commented, "We at Colossal Order are absolutely thrilled to see so many players enjoying Cities: Skylines and that the Steam Workshop is filling up with amazing content from the modders.

We are feeling very happy and proud and can't wait to continue working on Cities: Skylines together with the community!"

Cities: Skylines is now available for purchase for $29.99, with a deluxe edition available for $39.99 that includes five in-game historical monuments.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

KillrChicken

Posted

Wow! Very impressive! Nice one Colossal Order/Paradox! I want this game so bad, but I have no money until the end of the month though.

Share this comment

simsantos

Posted

I'm happy for them...They showed a great respect for the community and delivered a great game as promised. It's not perfect but it will be with the help from modders . I really like what they did listening the community and been very open about this game.  I wish  a long life to Cities Skylines.

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

I'm glad there are still studios around that know how to make a good city-builder. I'm really enjoying this game and it doesn't look like I'll be stopping too soon.

Share this comment

zimmie

Posted

Good for them, they earned it.

Share this comment

Dirktator

Posted

Huhmm. So if you listen to fans and give them what they want, turns out they'll buy the game and love you for it... who woulda figured...

Share this comment

Extrenix

Posted

you reap what you sow.

Congrats to Paradox and Colossal order.

Share this comment

ibegurpard

Posted

great news!  Happy to see their success with this...which only means more to come in the future for us!

Share this comment

Mr_Maison

Posted

Yep...No train wreck this time. It's about time and I think waiting out the last few attempts to change how we play a city builder was worth the wait. Just look, no flaming in the threads between the disapointed and defenders, no petions, no doom and gloom about us ever getting a new city builder in the forseeable future because it looks like it has arived. This calm with happiness has not happened in a long time with a release.

Not perfect but moddable and in better shape than any base city builder in 12 years. Congrats Paradox.

Share this comment

Aragorn

Posted

No wayyyyyy, we are all pirates!  (EA)

Share this comment

Marc Collins

Posted

Glad to see continued support emphasized by Paradox.  Perhaps C:SL will be able to be properly finished unlike CiM2 that was left 95% complete because Paradox wouldn't let CO finish it (because they had to work fully on this title!!!).

They can start with a mod to overcome the ludicrous 4x4 lot size limitations that ruin the realism of an otherwise great game.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

OK, I give up.  Submitted an order and awaiting my key.

Share this comment

BLANKBLANK

Posted

I just got the game and it is a very solid city builder. The controls are really easy to pick up and designing the city is very straightforward. Heck I even started my first game after downloading several mods, including the camera mod, and it ran flawlessly!

Within the first thirty minutes I had everything down pat, while taking a break you can follow the traffic around or zoom in close up with the camera mod. VERY relaxing! I'm looking forward to future mods, patches and expansion packs. Best £23 I have spent in ages!

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

They were very quick.  That $40 U.S. became $52.36 CAD.  We really have to do something about this sloppy government up here.  They have allowed the exchange rate to get ridiculous.

Anyway, I now have a new set of toys to try to get running under Ubuntu, so this will be interesting for a while.

Quite a bit later:

It has been an interesting afternoon so far.  I now have the Linux version of Steam, and it is downloading this game.  It is very slow, so either their server is busier than a one-armed paper hanger, or they are on some service that throttles transfers.  I have a cable broadband service that is usually very, very fast.

Silly as it may seem, I wonder if the game being downloaded is native mode?  The Swedes are not known to be inflexible, and if this huge piece of program text that's loading is an elf, then this is going to be very nice.  More later.

And finally, the transfers all finished, and I started the game.  I got the game key box, and copied it to my clipboard expecting the game to want it back.  Instead, it cleared by screen to black then crashed to desktop.  You can read my frustration in the regular forum.

Share this comment

xfalcon12x

Posted

Wow i really want this game, but a download version is a no go for me. I'm old school and i want a hard copy for what i bought!

Share this comment

ghosty20

Posted

Wow i really want this game, but a download version is a no go for me. I'm old school and i want a hard copy for what i bought!

Maybe but look at how much it costs via download and how much more you probably would have to spend for a hard copy of the same game..

Share this comment

chocolate_city

Posted

They were very quick.  That $40 U.S. became $52.36 CAD.  We really have to do something about this sloppy government up here.  They have allowed the exchange rate to get ridiculous.

Anyway, I now have a new set of toys to try to get running under Ubuntu, so this will be interesting for a while.

Quite a bit later:

It has been an interesting afternoon so far.  I now have the Linux version of Steam, and it is downloading this game.  It is very slow, so either their server is busier than a one-armed paper hanger, or they are on some service that throttles transfers.  I have a cable broadband service that is usually very, very fast.

Silly as it may seem, I wonder if the game being downloaded is native mode?  The Swedes are not known to be inflexible, and if this huge piece of program text that's loading is an elf, then this is going to be very nice.  More later.

And finally, the transfers all finished, and I started the game.  I got the game key box, and copied it to my clipboard expecting the game to want it back.  Instead, it cleared by screen to black then crashed to desktop.  You can read my frustration in the regular forum.

I'm really sorry to read that.... I was anxious to read your thoughts on this game...  I'm on the fence about it...  There's so much available content to add to the game... I have one searing, unegotiable critique... The highway system looks ugly and unrealistic .... the prefab interchanges made by modders aren't helping either ( I wish I had the patience and intelligence to make my own, and I have tried, but its just not there).  So if there are is anyone out there who can but some polish on this turd .... I HAVE MONEY.......  

Share this comment