• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

New SimCity Coming to Mac in February 2013

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Posted

Since Maxis never deemed it worth their time to update SC4 to allow players to turn off grid view I'm not holding onto any hope this will be with getting into.

Share this comment

Posted

Since Maxis never deemed it worth their time to update SC4 to allow players to turn off grid view I'm not holding onto any hope this will be with getting into.

am if im on the same wave as you, than the grid view can be turned on and of by pressing g

Share this comment

Posted

bluegoose, on , said:

am if im on the same wave as you, than the grid view can be turned on and of by pressing g

What has this got to do with them porting the code to MAC??

It is certainly a good idea, and only requires a few directives in the makefile.

Share this comment

Posted

Great! i stopped playing SC4 on my mac ever since the Lion upgrade... It'll be nice to get back into the swing of things!

Share this comment

Posted

Great! i stopped playing SC4 on my mac ever since the Lion upgrade... It'll be nice to get back into the swing of things!

Refrain from enumerating your feathered progeny before the period of incubation has expired.

This is an expensive game, and I wouldn't leap for it just yet.

Besides you can run SC4's windows .exe under wine on a MAC.

Share this comment

Posted

bhughguy, on , said:

Refrain from enumerating your feathered progeny before the period of incubation has expired.

This is an expensive game, and I wouldn't leap for it just yet.

Besides you can run SC4's windows .exe under wine on a MAC.

Or just run it in Lion and Mountain Lion without issues, except for double-height networks.

Share this comment

Posted

Sorry-should have specified that I was referring to SimCity 4 Deluxe for Mac; that CD ROM shipped without the ability to toggle grid view off. No update was issued to my knowledge.

Share this comment