The NAM Team is pleased to announce the official release of the 33rd edition of the Network Addon Mod, NAM 33, for EA Maxis' 2003 title SimCity 4.
NAM 33 is the result of nearly two years of development, further refining a project that has been continuously going for over 11 years, and adds a considerable number of new features, including the long-awaited revamp of the FLEXFly flyover ramp system.
Brief Overview of New Features
Changes in the NAM 33 Pre-Release:
- Massive update to the Draggable Ramp Interface (DRI) and FLEXRamp systems in the RealHighway (RHW) Mod. 90% of all previous static puzzle piece ramps have been given easier-to-use FLEX and/or draggable counterparts, and a plethora of new ramp interfaces for elevated RHW networks are now available, Wealth textures are included for ground level versions.
- The RHW FLEXFly system has been completely overhauled, and now includes 90-degree and 45-degree versions, in single and dual-lane configurations, at Ground Level (L0), 7.5m (L1), and 15m (L2) heights.
- The double-decker RHW-4 (DDRHW-4) has been lowered one level (from L2/L3 to L1/L2), increasing ease of use.
- Disconnector added, to simplify demolition of FLEX-based RHW pieces.
- Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs), in both draggable and FLEX form, have been added to the RealHighway Mod, in three different radii, for the RHW-2, MIS, RHW-4, and RHW-6S.
- Stability improvements to the FLEX Height Transitions.
- Major improvements to the RealRailway (RRW) plugin, which now supports most crossings.
- Transit station functionality and compatibility has been further improved.
- Minor fixes to other NAM components.
Further changes in the NAM 33 official release:
- The RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack system makes an earlier-than-expected debut. See the FlexTrack User's Guide in the Documentation folder for more details.
- PedMall functionality greatly enhanced with the addition of access paths to most non-Highway-type road networks, including NWM networks and Tram/El-Rail Dual-Networking items. Pedestrians may now directly access the PedMalls from these other networks without the need of a station or other transit-enabled lot/switch.
- Many custom bridges that previously blocked all ferry traffic have now been corrected.
- MandelSoft's previous RHW texture sets, including Euro, Ontario, and Irish/South African textures, have been discontinued. A new standard Euro RHW set, based on the default US set, has been added as a replacement, and adds compatibility for all current RHW features.
- An issue with the NAM 33 Pre-Release in which the Controller Compiler would fail due to an XML read error has been fixed.
- Several overhanging texture issues with the new RHW ramp interfaces have been corrected.
- The R3 FLEX-Multi Radius Curve now rotates fully as intended.
- A number of Left-Hand Drive transit path file issues across the entire mod have been added or corrected for proper functionality.
NAM 33 is also available to download from: