• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Mods, Maxis And Forward Motion: Cities Skylines Interview

catty-cb

Rock, Paper, Shotgun Interview with Colossal Order’s CEO Mariina Hallikainen

"In an attempt to learn everything there is to know about our Game of the Month, Cities: Skylines [official site], I spoke to Colossal Order’s CEO Mariina Hallikainen until we both ran out of words. We talked about the game’s extraordinary success and what it means for the future of the 13-person company, the importance of mods, the fate of Cities in Motion, and the influence of dear departed Maxis. Along the way, there are discussions about simulations as educational tools, Colossal Order’s next project, and the importance of a good working environment and the avoidance of crunch.

Most important of all? The origin story of Chirper."

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Mav12

Posted

here is a TL;DR for those not wanting to read 4 pages:

- CO is working on, in addition to tunnels and W2W (wall to wall) European buildings, something nobody has though about (let the speculation begin)
    - Origins of Cities Skylines, Chirpy and modibility
    - CO will work on the game continuously until they go on a break for the entirety of July and will work on a new project along with CS afterwards
    - A Timeline/List of what CO plans to add to the game will be released at some point to coordinate with modders

Share this comment

Mister Giggles

Posted

I personally want to find where the tens of thousands of mods are...

Share this comment

catty-cb

Posted

There are currently 28,355 of them on the Steam Workshop, including one's that kill off the seagulls ... not sure why I like the seagulls

Share this comment

jmsepe

Posted

I personally hope they make monorails and elevated train stations and elevated rail over avenue, highway or whatever thoroughfare that is. 

I am also looking forward for more Asian buildings. :)

Share this comment

Mister Giggles

Posted

There are currently 28,355 of them on the Steam Workshop, including one's that kill off the seagulls ... not sure why I like the seagulls

That's... wow.

Share this comment

eTheBlack

Posted

Actually 29,149 entries right now :) I just can't keep with this anymore. Only if Valve would put some guidelines or restriction for uploading mods. Some mods don't even have pictures, so it is hard to get what is or what is not.

Share this comment