• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Leaked pre-visualization SimCity 5 trailer

Dirktator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoKT25S2yJU

(Joystiq.com) This may be our first up-close and personal look at the still-rumored SimCity 5, or at least its debut trailer. Pre-visualization trailers like this serve as rendered storyboards, hence its distinct lack of actual motion, and are used by directors as a cinematic roadmap.

It also gives us a glimpse of the game's roadmap, both literally and figuratively, by showcasing the layout of a simulated city and placing SimCity 5's release date in 2013. It's worth noting that the number five is mysteriously lacking from the title's logo, which may indicate a series reboot, rather than a sequel, should this end up being legitimate.

Thankfully, we'll only have to wait a couple of days to find out if this trailer is The Real Deal with Bill McNeal, as EA and Maxis' GDC event takes place this Tuesday.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

nukeu123

Posted

everybody lets agree, this is the best news since 2002 trailer of sc4 am i right ????? :party:

Share this comment

idcaf

Posted

I know it's still rumored... but now people have some info to hold on when they talk about a next simcity. Up until februar 2012, the only info we had was "maybe they are developing a lame facebok simcity"

Share this comment

jabezscratch

Posted

The trailer looks decent. I'm just very nervous though. I'm still trying to get the bad taste of SC: Societies out of my mouth. And CXL ultimately didn't do it for me. I just hope they do SC5 right. I can't take another let down.

Share this comment

_marsh_

Posted

I honestly don't think these are real. Call me skeptical but I have my doubts about slideshows by random people on youtube

Share this comment

meowza

Posted

Two different cities + connected by a bridge... Smells like a head start on multiplayer marketing.

Online play is good if it's done the right way. Though I'm assuming they can pull this off, that is if the screens are real, since they should've learnt from the downfall and rise of CXL (online) and CityVille respectively.

Share this comment

Vlasky

Posted

Still sceptical . . .

Share this comment

osneaga

Posted

societies two

Share this comment

2farnorth

Posted

Not exactly great looking, but this will, no doubt, be very early graphics. Expect the game to look totally different, even if this is legitimate.

Share this comment

IonWind

Posted

Still being highly sceptical. See the first 20 seconds of SC4 trailer or the SC3k Unlimited intro. Both of the games are nothing like shown in the intros or trailers.

Still waiting to see some actual gameplay pics.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Meh! I fail to be much impressed. I have a feeling this is another fiasco.

Share this comment

WildMan04

Posted

They need to make a beta and demo, so the SimCity fans can get a taste of the game, so by realease date we don't do something real stupid and buy a game we really dont want, like we all did for SC: Societies...

Share this comment

osneaga: How do you know that hmm? Have you played the game yet?

Why does everyone have to be so pessimistic about this SimCity, may I remind you that Maxis is making this SimCity and NOT Tilted Mills? Have they fail us before with any other SimCity games? Have some faith in them, jeez. The only problem is EA trying to make extra money off of the SimCity fans.

Share this comment

Oohforf

Posted

Interesting.

Still have my doubts, though. :noway:

Share this comment

meowza

Posted

Everybody here knows SC5 is long overdue. Trust rating for Maxis has definitely fallen a few notches because of this. Making pessimism understandable.

Share this comment

WildMan04

Posted

@Sirron Kcuhc

Oh I know that Maxis did't make SC: Societies, I was just putting it out that they need to do it so all of us SimCity fans don't get F*(ked up like we did when Societies came out...

Share this comment

WildMan04: I wasn't talking to you. I understand having pessimism and such, but when people call the game Societies II it ticks me off a bit, because Maxis hasn't even shown in-game video yet, and they are already assuming it'll be a failure.

Share this comment

WildMan04

Posted

@Sirron Kcuhc

ahhh ok lol, it just seem like you was but ok...

Share this comment

Sgt Pepper

Posted

I don't care for a new SimCity 5 I am really angry with the idea that some of you are just waiting for this just to jump on the SimCity 5 band wagon and abandon all the hard work we all put into SimCity 4....

Share this comment

gniniart

Posted

geez why is everyone PMS'ing? I'm hopeful that this will be the next Simcity 5, and not some societies sequel that some of you seem to think.

Share this comment