• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Kip Katsarelis welcomes players back to the game

Dirktator

We’ve seen a lot of old players coming back to the game so I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to the world of SimCity. A lot has changed since the last time you played and I want to take some time to share some of the great things that we’ve been doing, and pass along a few tips to help inspire you to create even better cities.

I’d like to take a moment to reintroduce myself to you. I’m Kip Katsarelis, Executive Producer for SimCity, and I’ve worked at Maxis for more than 11 years. In fact, my first project at the studio was SimCity 4, so it was a lifelong dream of mine to work on this new SimCity. As a developer, one of the best parts of working on a game is seeing what our community does with it after it’s been released. We’ve been blown away with the creativity, enthusiasm and ingenuity of our fans. Take a look at StricToaster’s “Let’s Play” sessions and

Building Tokyo Series and see what they’ve done since our launch and how they’ve used the improvements we’ve made to the game to create some incredible videos.

As you read through this, know that we are fully aware that some of you haven’t played for a while. I’ve taken some time to point out some of the great strides that we’ve made in the eight months since we launched in March and have explained where we are going from here. It’s my hope that after you’ve finished reading through this blog, you’ll jump back in and build a city alongside me.

More at the source: http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/welcome-back

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

lucidus

Posted

As you read through this, know that we are fully aware that some of you haven’t played for a while.

Or, you know, ever.

Share this comment

fefenc

Posted

Is EA noticing that COT expansion will have low sales?? And now is it crying to the "preorderes" to back to this city simulator that can barely simulate "El Chavo Del 8's vencidad/neighborhood"??? Pff...

Share this comment

Huston

Posted

When was the last time i played SimCity 2013? Oh right MAY!
    And never. In any case, never will either. .__.

Share this comment

Ion_Cannon

Posted

Me and William Willace have something in common, we both enjoy FREEEEEDDDOOOOOMMM. And the lack of that freedom is why I will never purchase this game.

Share this comment

Decius

Posted

So they notice people left already? That still isn't a hint? Simcity 4 is still played massively for its age, but people already quit this game within 7 months. Wake up!! >.<

Oh yeah almost fergot, BIGGERMAPS! rablerablerable

Share this comment

Sandis_van_Great

Posted

"We’ve seen a lot of old players coming back to the game"

I mean, it just tells everything :D

Share this comment

bluespottedhorse

Posted

Ok so I'm not old but I'm an old player...but I haven't come back to the game.

Where is he getting his information?

Share this comment

Evil_One

Posted

Ok so I'm not old but I'm an old player...but I haven't come back to the game.

Where is he getting his information?

From EA's PR/BS department.

Oh boy am I glad I never bought that game.

Share this comment

Empowered One

Posted

I have to admit...I've recently starting to play the game a bit...in Sandbox mode... But I keep running into the space and intercity connectivity problems (And the fact you can't build stations starting with the road instead of the rails). So it's the same old same old with the exeption of being able to build tunnels and bridges better.

I'd rather be rewarded for 'giving it another try' after the Xth update.

Share this comment

yvanderfel

Posted

i'd be curious to see the difference in percentage of people who wanted better transit options, bigger maps, more refined simulation, realistic textures and buildings, modability?? etc. opposed to the people who  wanted a FUTURE XPack? i mean, they already had that bs released for the sims for all the kids who wanted to play that kinda of gimmicky crap. Sim City is not for kids EA, its supposed to be a complex realistic simulation that gives you as much options as possible. not less options and depth than its 10 year old predecessor. who the hell does community management at maxis/EA?? i mean rush hour without any mods was more elaborate than this mcdonaldised video game. not buying anything more from those guys, they blew it and don't even want to pretend they are listening to what the community is asking for. Indy games are the REAL future i guess...

Share this comment

SAGGG

Posted

Does this phony dude deny reality, or what? :(

Share this comment

ChrilleT

Posted

I´ll be back when/if the city size gets bigger. I just get bored to fast as the game is now.

Share this comment

shaggy01ca

Posted

Hey - how did they know i started playing simcity 4 again?

Share this comment