• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

John Riccitiello, EA CEO, is stepping down

paeng

"Electronic Arts' John Riccitiello is stepping down as chief executive officer. He submitted his resignation to EA's board of directors today, and will finish his tenure March 30. Effective immediately, former EA president and CEO Larry Probst will step in as executive chairman while the company searches for a replacement..."

More in the article

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Could not open the article.

Interesting if true.  The buck stopped at the right place.  Unfortunately the underlings who perpetrated the mess are probably safe.

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

Couldn't open it either. But I found a Forbes article about it.

Share this comment

Evillions

Posted

inb4 someone even greedier comes in.

Share this comment

Dannibee

Posted

That I'm not so sure on, the next CEO really has to focus on sorting out EA's public image and start gaining more sales. Their profits within the last 4 years have decreased quite a lot. 

Or that may just be optimism

Share this comment

wozzar

Posted

That I'm not so sure on, the next CEO really has to focus on sorting out EA's public image and start gaining more sales. Their profits within the last 4 years have decreased quite a lot. 

The public image is something that EA has never cared about and there is no question this has done damage to them but they dont seem to care. Everywhere you look on the net there are bad comments about EA and web sites dedicated to how bad EA are.

When EA put them selves up for sale you know then that the management team have run out of ideas on how to salvage the company. Intrestingly no other company has come running to buy EA out. And i guess the reason why is what ever company who may show intrest in buying EA is buying a company that has a very bad reputation and is the worst company in America.

At this point EA is really untrractive to any company to buy out. EA in its current form is un saleable.

Share this comment

Azurespecter

Posted

EA's brand image may be bad... but that doesn't mean their assets are. If EA goes up for sale, the company will just get re-organized under another brand. And EA has some very valuable assets.

Share this comment

knighthawk75

Posted

See rearranging deck chairs - Titanic.

Share this comment

snake117

Posted

EA's brand image may be bad... but that doesn't mean their assets are. If EA goes up for sale, the company will just get re-organized under another brand. And EA has some very valuable assets.

Yeah, I agree. I just want them to care about the games they make and about customer satisfaction. They publish a lot of big titles...it's a shame to see those games do so badly.

Share this comment

Cloud7Raymaker

Posted

See rearranging deck chairs - Titanic.

"They aren't sinking, they are soaring. This isn't rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, it's rearranging chairs on the Hindenburg!"

- SC

In all seriousness, the announcement also included mention of 1.1 million sales over the past two weeks... which is downright awful for a AAA game.

The bean counters must have figured out last week that the game was in trouble and EA would miss it's earnings guidance. Something had to be done.

I'm not sure if this will fix things at EA, but their disconnect with fans on a number of recent titles needs to change if the company expects to remain a sizeable game publisher. Hopefully they get someone that will shake up the culture there.

Share this comment

Decius

Posted

In your face with your "no single player games ever" policy

Share this comment

arcology

Posted

The public image is something that EA has never cared about and there is no question this has done damage to them but they dont seem to care. Everywhere you look on the net there are bad comments about EA and web sites dedicated to how bad EA are.

When EA put them selves up for sale you know then that the management team have run out of ideas on how to salvage the company. Intrestingly no other company has come running to buy EA out. And i guess the reason why is what ever company who may show intrest in buying EA is buying a company that has a very bad reputation and is the worst company in America.

At this point EA is really untrractive to any company to buy out. EA in its current form is un saleable.

They are also up for The Worst Company Award" again. 

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/19/returning-champion-electronic-arts-up-for-consumerists-worst-company-in-america-2013-tournament/

Share this comment

zahrul3

Posted

I thought this was a Reddit Circlejerk.....

They must be psycics

Share this comment