• Dirktator
    Dirktator

Introducing the Simtropolis Gallery

Introducing the Simtropolis Gallery where you can upload your favourite photos and screenshots to share with the community. You'll discover all the features that the Gallery offers, but here's a brief run-down of some highlights:

• Create your own Albums by uploading a series of Images, and then select "Create Gallery"
    • Albums you create can be embedded in your City Journal entries
    • Create group Albums and invite others to contribute
    • Annotate your images by drawing a box and writing a comment
    • Set any gallery image you see as your profile header image on your Simtropolis Profile page

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Great way to showcase work but wouldn't this be in conflict with CJs?

I'd say so, but you can pick and choose which pictures to put in anyway, you wouldn't necessarily load all your pics into the gallery right?

Share this comment

Great way to showcase work but wouldn't this be in conflict with CJs?

I don't think they 'conflict'. But I do think both systems can be used to achieve the same thing.

A CJ entry does give you a bit more flexibility to craft a narrative. And Albums can be integrated with a CJ by embedding the album to an entry.

But you're right in saying both systems can be used as a city journal, much in the way the Forum-based threads can be used as a city journal. 

It might be a good idea to create a "City Journal" Gallery category for just that purpose!  :)

Share this comment

I like the idea.

I was never motivated enough to maintain a city journal, but from time to time I would certainly place a picture I like in an album.

Share this comment