• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Internal Maxis memo outlines SimCity stabilization efforts

Dirktator

"I'd like to say that it's not fair — that the game score shouldn't be punished for a server problem," she wrote. "But it is fair."

Maxis general manager Lucy Bradshaw wrote in an email sent to staffers at the studio... detailed the company's efforts to address the growing tide of hostility among their fanbase.

"Maxis is working 24/7 to deliver on our promise," she said.

Bradshaw noted that the server issues are also impacting review scores, saying that the Maxis Communications team is "working one-on-one with media to manage this as closely as possible."

"SimCity is an online game and critics and consumers have every right to expect a smooth experience from beginning to end," she wrote. "I and the Maxis team take full responsibility to deliver on our promise.

"Trust that we're working as hard as possible to make sure everyone gets to experience the amazing game we built in SimCity."

Source: Polygon.com

Visit Source

Andrey km, monsterjamp and Hellken like this
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

SirChick

Posted

working one-on-one with media to manage this as closely as possible.

Let the media make their minds up on their own.

Share this comment

rborecki

Posted

throws money at journalists

Share this comment

rjamesp

Posted

cant they add more servers? like 100 servers? 

Share this comment

InvaderNat

Posted

throws money at journalists

Lol, if Simcity taught me anything it's that throwing money out of the limo causes a higher approval rating.

Share this comment

mntoes

Posted

So now the won't even give refunds.

Origin's general policy, which is to deny refunds "except for special mitigating circumstances

No refund for a non working product. The really are taking the ****

Glad I didn't buy it if this is how they treat their customers.

Share this comment

jigsaw

Posted

i wonder how the boss of EA looks now, when it's his forced policies that made the game what it is, and lead to the anger and failure of this game launch???

Share this comment

Superbacon

Posted

i wonder how the boss of EA looks now, when it's his forced policies that made the game what it is, and lead to the anger and failure of this game launch???

He probably doesn't care.

Share this comment

Moriadne

Posted

He's probably a cross between Emperor Palpatine and Mr. Krabs.

Share this comment

joejoejoejoe

Posted

Meaning: "Leak" a memo with lots of marketing speak such as this one to the press to pretend things will be taken care of quickly.

Some people are also already calling it "Spin City" now that EA is trying to make people believe all these issues are simply the players' fault because they play the game too much...

Share this comment

Decius

Posted

I'm realdy GLAD MAxis stated this themselves: ""I'd like to say that it's not fair — that the game score shouldn't be punished for a server problem," she wrote. "But it is fair."

Why? Because it's no longer a game you own, its a service license they sell. If it didnt require any other thing than a disk and you computer i'd be ok with a good review but it's not. If you are not getting the service you payed for, you are entitled a refund and the productservice sold is just generally bad. So bad ratings are more than fair.

That said, the petition they are making to get refunds should emply on ALL DRM games meaning it forces companies like EA to finnaly shape the **** up and stop releasing haf assed unfinished products which is technicly conning the costumer. IF something like this gets off the ground, EA will no longer get away with the crap they have been pulling for the pas decade or so!!

Share this comment

Decius

Posted

On top of that, raters on amazone who genuineley give the game 5 stars and state the game itsself is fine are NOT beeing critical, the ammount of glitches (again EA haf-arsed-work) is rediculous. Not to mention the space limitation. Not that i'm not satisfied with the 1400 or so 1 star ratings, go team, wake up the world a little!!

Share this comment

fiver

Posted

She and that guy (Katsarelis or something) should be fired immediately.

Share this comment

dscampbell

Posted

You're damn right it's fair! The consumer didn't ask for this game to be online in the first place, so if the consumer is right and his/her fears have become reality you are damn right they take it into account when rating the game!

Share this comment

FlyHigh

Posted

Publicity stunt #3.

Share this comment