• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Gamespot Interview (VIDEO): SimCity: Reinventing the City of Your Imagination

Hellken
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Bipin

Posted

Origin as a minimal farming simulator? Were they trying to create Farmville-super-reboot-3D? If so, they've done an outstanding job thus far...

Share this comment

Nilo7

Posted

While this version may end up being a less in-depth SC4 modding-wise, I think it's clear that the developers are not solely catering to the "social-gamers" at least in the game itself (Origin is another story, but that is all EA). In fact, it is catering to those who are interested in cities and how they work.  Maybe it's not eye-popping realism, but I think this game is more about the anatomy of the city and how it functions.

The developers describe how they were always building things when they were growing up, and they wanted to put it into a SimCity game, and I honestly think that is the notion behind the game, the notion to get people interested in the dynamics of a city both on and below the surface.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Best promo I've seen so far. 

Since this is a much simpler game than SC4, and has a more intimate aspect, it might just work well in schools.  The only fly in the ointment is the on-line aspect.  Schools with internal nets will want to run the game from their own servers.

The combining of roads as zoning vehicles is perhaps not a great teaching tool.  I will be interested to see if users find this as intriguing  a learning tool for problem solving as SC4.

I expect the audience is the 10 to young adult crowd for this version.

Share this comment

Motina

Posted

Apparently the gaming PC is not ready for SimCity.... why so small!!!! Great game, but can't really exploit curvy roads and still have a city.

And the regions looks crappy. Can I make my own region, and customize so as I can go without some frivolous graphics, and have a SC4 region. It would be nice to have a way to create your own regions, paint highways and railroads and resource placement. Imagine those SimCity players who loved recreating a real world city.

Can't do it!

I'll buy it when it sells for $10.

Share this comment

Moriadne

Posted

Origin as a minimal farming simulator? Were they trying to create Farmville-super-reboot-3D? If so, they've done an outstanding job thus far...

Indeed.

And you know what? This thing would've actually received minimal flak if it was content to be that way, or at least name it SimTown instead of riding on the name of an established franchise.

Share this comment

Gurning_Chimp

Posted

'Reinventing the city of your imagination'

By force.

Share this comment

katherman111

Posted

"Reinventing the city of your imagination"

Well EA, Gamers have more imagination as lemon juice.

Share this comment

Architechnid

Posted

Indeed.

And you know what? This thing would've actually received minimal flak if it was content to be that way, or at least name it SimTown instead of riding on the name of an established franchise.

SimTown is an established franchise...

Share this comment