• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Futuristic Empire-Builder: Anno 2070

Dirktator

Ubisoft has a teaser for an upcoming "sci-fi empire buiding game" under the "Anno" moniker and franchise. No moving images, but lots of stills. Marketing spiel:

Anno 2070, the latest iteration of the award-winning real-time strategy and simulation franchise, takes players to whole a new era in a world inspired by today’s challenges and tomorrow’s technologies.

Anno 2070 offers players the ability to be architects of the future and create the world of tomorrow.

Key Features

A New Era - While adhering to the fundamentals that made the Anno franchise a success, the near-future setting will bring numerous new gameplay mechanics, architectural breakthroughs, and all new challenges. Additionally, players will be able to build massive cities, the scope of which has never been seen in prior Anno games.

A Dynamic World - The world of Anno 2070 will evolve differently depending on each player’s playing style and choices.

Factions - Players will be able to select between two factions when building their empires. Players can choose between an industrial and efficient way or a direction that is more sustainable and environmentally friendly.

Outstanding Graphics - A new version of the engine, developed specifically by Related Designs for Anno 2070, allows the game to deliver a breathtaking visual experience never before seen in the Anno franchise.

Rich and Varied Game Modes:

Single player campaign - A story-driven single player mode with a deep variety of challenges.

Single player “continuous mode” - The renowned endless game mode where the objective is to build the biggest civilization possible without time constraints.

Multiplayer - Anno 2070 will include various multiplayer modes.

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Terring

Posted

Looks interesting :)

Share this comment

warrior

Posted

Looks great, there is now a video on the page.

Share this comment

jetstone644

Posted

I want to play it....i guess i could try the demo for an hour

Share this comment

bixel

Posted

Very clever creating their own IP like that, setting it in the future makes it so they don't have to worry about replicating landmarks and buildings styles. Looks good so far!

Share this comment

SimNation

Posted

In my opinion its about darn time someone decided to do something in the realm of the future. I know we are all huge fans of modern sims. However that should never had set the template for every single simulator to come out to be based on a realistic past or present. I hope the gaming community welcomes the game (if its good) with open arms.This might show other developers that future sims can do well and have customers willingly awaiting.

I for one hope this game is good because I would love to play something set in a not so far future.

Share this comment

Fornix

Posted

Sounds interesting, however it's a shame it has to be Ubisoft coming with a product like this. They're one of the worst publishers when it comes to long term support for their games.

Share this comment

Fresh Prince of Wmbg

Posted

I agree with SimNation. This new project will be refreshing.

Share this comment

Dirktator

Posted

@PsychoDude: Yep, their DRM is the worst.

Share this comment

Terring

Posted

D.R.M.? Oh no, this was the main reason that Spore ruined! >.<>:(

Why nobody understand that D.R.M. doesn't protect the game from copyright issues, but makes them worse?

Share this comment

Dirktator

Posted

@terring: I'd argue that Spore got ruined because the final vision of the game sucked compared to the initial presentation and potential. :P

Share this comment

ristotel

Posted

i can hardly wait to try this one when it gets out...

Share this comment

AdoxxBE

Posted

I really love the Anno series, I've also found this video about the new Anno 2070:

Video

Share this comment

Nesrie

Posted

If the DRM, or lack of, is good... I can see buying this game up quickly. If not, I'll just pass on it like everything else Ubi related.

Share this comment

Tosiek12

Posted

I dunno, I just finished a few days of Anno 1404 and while I liked the game it burnt me out very very quick. It just gets ridiculous and no fun trying to get so many different productions going to meet with supply and demand of the citizens. It feels more like a production simulator than city builder. I got tired of manually placing 4-8 farms per each of the 15-20 farm types of each production chain. After calculating it out I was at around 2k farms manually placed in a few hour game of 10k people on my main island, which I would have to double and triple very soon and still open up different trade goods for new tiers of noblemen.

I hope they change that formula and focus more on other things in the game. I mean i would still waste a few hours playing=0)

Share this comment

CO2

Posted

so, what exactly can i play in it?

Share this comment