• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

EA Makes Worst Company In America History, Wins Title For Second Year In A Row!

Freddyeddy

Following last year’s surprise Worst Company In America victory by Electronic Arts, there was hope that the video game giant would get the message: Stop treating your customers like human piggy banks, and don’t put out so many incomplete and/or broken games with the intent of getting your customers to pay extra for what they should have received in the first place. And yet, here we are again, with EA becoming the first company to ever win a second Golden Poo from Consumerist readers.

After an astounding number of votes, Consumerist readers once again chose EA over Bank of America, with the video game company taking nearly 78% of the vote.

Full story: http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

A Nonny Moose

Posted

The collateral damage is not only the customer base but outfits like Maxis Studio who are now besmirched forever.  EA may not think so, but the gaming public has a long, long memory.  Some of us even remember Buggsy Siegel.

Share this comment

SS3K

Posted

Stop treating your customers like human piggy banks

that's one way off putting us and it goes to show how big the gaming industry is.

EA sports it's in the game!

EA game challenge everything!

here's a new one for you

EA it's a rip off broken game!

Share this comment

drpainless

Posted

Maxis Studio who are now besmirched forever. 

All Maxis have to do is come to STEAM.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

A lot of people think that Maxis is an independent entity.  It can't go anywhere as it is owned lock, stock and barrel by EA.  By STEAM I guess you mean Valve.

Basically Maxis is a trademark of EA, so where would the people go, and they could take exactly nothing with them and are probably enjoined from working in the game industry.

Share this comment

snick25

Posted

While I think the title of "worst company" might be a tad overkill (my vote goes to Koch Industries), it's nice to see the consumer still has a voice. 

Deliver a bad product, all the while lying and cheating your way into people's wallets, and ye shall be smited. And rightfully so.

Share this comment

Cottoncandy Cyanide

Posted

Now let's just wait for their THIRD year! c:

But still, lying, cheating, and unnecessary always online mode is a bad way to go. Maybe EA will learn a lesson from the SimCity disaster, but, that's unlikely.

Share this comment

cirugo

Posted

While I think the title of "worst company" might be a tad overkill (my vote goes to Koch Industries), it's nice to see the consumer still has a voice. 

Deliver a bad product, all the while lying and cheating your way into people's wallets, and ye shall be smited. And rightfully so.

Indeed.  Atrocious business practices in the production of fluff doesn't excuse those practices.  The "honor" is well-deserved.

Share this comment

lucidus

Posted

Congrats EA, you earned it. Erned it good and hard.

Share this comment

The Wrench

Posted

Isn't Valve a bit overrated?

I mean, Gabe is a great CEO, but he's not the miracle man the internet perceived him as.

Share this comment

Hellken

Posted

EA currently has a monopoly over its products. It will only improve when it meets serious competition. 

Share this comment

Gurning_Chimp

Posted

After releasing broken and unfinished games, unnecessary features and having so much contempt for your consumers you accuse them of homophobia I'm surprised that EA didn't get a bigger share of the vote.

Share this comment

wozzar

Posted

I mean, Gabe is a great CEO, but he's not the miracle man the internet perceived him as.

I wished Valve would take over EA.

Share this comment

Wiimeiser

Posted

I wonder where Disney is in relation to the list...

Share this comment

drpainless

Posted

Valve mabey yes.

But the community is not.

Look to the workshops.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

All the wishful thinking will not get Maxis Studio out of EA in any kind of intact state.  It is an asset of the company and would only be for sale in some kind of break up.

Share this comment

arcology

Posted

I would like to see them stick this award on their game, next to that fake gold sticker they currently have on it (and bought off). 

Share this comment

Huston

Posted

EA deserves that award more than any other company. It's just the plain truth. Nothing more needs to be said I mean every game they release is pushed onto the market before they're even ready. And they're surprised that they receive so much HATE MAIL regarding their incomplete and disappointing excuses for games...  >:(

Share this comment