• Moose
  • Designer City: A city-building game app for Android

IL.

It's another city building game app, but not like any other.

You can play it both online and offline, smooth to play and fast to load. It also have some futuristic graphics.

It's like a mini Simcity, you can see all the stats, desirability, services coverage, power, water, pollution, happiness, etc...

To download from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sphere-Game-Studios-Designer-City/dp/B00XASNIMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431174319&sr=8-1&keywords=designercity

To download from Slide me: http://slideme.org/fr/application/designercity

This is what the description says:

Designer City - the most eagerly anticipated and most comprehensive city builder - is here and it is free to play!

The year is 2050 and the world's population is reaching crisis level and you have been tasked with creating a new self-sustaining civilisation on a remote undeveloped island. You will be responsible for ensuring that you grow your new village into a large and thriving city.

Build houses for your residents to live in, create new employment opportunities and watch your population grow. Add in services, leisure and community buildings, parks and decorations to keep your new residents happy and content in their new homes. Happy citizens work harder and create for income for you to spend improving your city even further.

Suitable for all ages and all experience levels, Designer City is unique amongst all city building games due to the two ways you can play it. You can play it as a normal city builder and just design a fabulous city or use the inbuilt advanced analytics and stats to optimise your city - down to an individual building level. The more advanced city builders can apply zoning, manage pollution levels, efficiently deploy city services and optimise city resources. Keep it as simple as you like or micromanage your city - the choice is yours.

I started playing it a while ago and here's some screenshots:

3GCLnwz.jpg

0l1r9HW.jpg

qEcZpI1.jpg

LVwp5yi.png

3x00wOP.png

TMl2F4z.png

budCRAH.png

Y2fPjqw.png

Visit Source

BIWDC, _Michael, CapTon and 10 others like this

User Feedback

Prophet42

Posted

Reminds me of SC2000.  Looks interesting.  I will definitely have to give it a try.

Edit - Tried to load it on my Kindle fire.  Gives a 'Runtime Error' at start.  Can't even play it.  Can't recommend getting it at this point.

Share this comment

IL.

Posted

Reminds me of SC2000.  Looks interesting.  I will definitely have to give it a try.

Edit - Tried to load it on my Kindle fire.  Gives a 'Runtime Error' at start.  Can't even play it.  Can't recommend getting it at this point.

For Kindle you have to download it from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sphere-Game-Studios-Designer-City/dp/B00XASNIMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431174319&sr=8-1&keywords=designercity

I'll add that to the description

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Looks interesting, but seems to be restricted to the Android platform.  ARM hardware, I suppose?

Share this comment

Dazzyls

Posted

Looks interesting, but seems to be restricted to the Android platform.  ARM hardware, I suppose?

He already pointed out in that uploading to the app store costs money.

Great app and much better than SC BuildIt!

Share this comment

IL.

Posted

As he said, it costs money to get it on the app store, so maybe later when the game is successfull it will uploaded to the app store :)

Great app and much better than SC BuildIt!

Cool, great to know that you can compare it to that :D 

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

I don't understand the two replies having to do with cost.  ARM is a computer architecture, not a price structure.  Must get confused with DRM.

Share this comment

IL.

Posted

I don't understand the two replies having to do with cost.  ARM is a computer architecture, not a price structure.  Must get confused with DRM.

Oh sorry, I don't really know about that, I'm the one making the graphics

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Just a quick clarification, then.

The ARM processor was developed in the U.K. and it or a similar computer is used for embedded systems needing low power processors.  Generally, these are Reduced Instruction Set Computers which lack many of the complex instructions such as multiply and divide.  RISC processors require that things like multiply be done in subroutines which are often canned and supplied as "firmware".  For example, to multiply a number by 10, you load it in the accumulator, shift it left three bits then add it to the accumulator twice.

This is as opposed to a Complex/Complete Instruction Set Computer which generally need a hundred watts or so because they are quite complex and contain many more hardware features including a large bank of registers, more instructions, etc.  An x86 processor is a CISC machine.

Because these architectures are different, a program that runs on one will not run on the other.  It has to be translated into the proper set of code text to run on a given machine.  This is the main reason that assembly code has pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur and languages like C++ and Java now hold centre stage.  Many of the newer languages are derived from these.

Share this comment

Nicistarful

Posted

In my eyes everything with microtransactions is horseshit. Except for games like Fallout Shelter, where you don't have to wait 24 cocking hours for one single thing to finish. Sorry, but this game needs criticism and here it is.

Share this comment

IL.

Posted

In my eyes everything with microtransactions is horseshit. Except for games like Fallout Shelter, where you don't have to wait 24 cocking hours for one single thing to finish. Sorry, but this game needs criticism and here it is.

Sure, except one thing, you don't have to wait 24 hours, lol. It looks like you didn't even play the game.

Sure when you first start the game you might need some waiting, but when you advance to some level like around 14, you'll have sufficient buildings that keeps generatings revenues every few minutes and you can keep collecting those and use them to build to upgrade existing buildings, the pace of the game and revenues gets faster and higher as you advance in level, I am playing the game with two accounts, one that is still at level 16 and the other is at level 53 (it generates around 1 million of cash every few hours, and some 10s of thousands every few minutes, gold is generated every 6 hours, I built a lot of gold generating buildings so I have around 15 gold generated every 6 hours or so), if you want to advance in the game faster to reach those levels, you can purshase some gold to build some gold mines or the stock exchange building, upgrading these buildings is free and gives 3000 xp, with each upgrade you'll get a huge boost in level, and it generates gold for you that you won't need to buy from the game again. 

You criticism is welcomed :) 

Share this comment