• Moose
  • Cities: Skylines "After Dark" Expansion Announced (24th September Release)

Cyclone Boom

At Gamescom 2015, Paradox have announced the first expansion for Cities: Skylines. It will feature a much requested day & night cycle, new specialization, service and transportation options:

Will you construct a bustling city that lives and breathes at night or will your city succumb to the perils and misadventures of night life?

You’re only limited by your imagination, so take control. The sky is the limit! Find out what life is like in the city when the sun goes down!

Main features

• Day and Night Cycle: Day and night changes in the city and affects citizen schedules. Traffic is visibly slower at night and some zoned areas do not work with full efficiency, further easing the traffic. Service vehicles move around as usual. A free update for all users.

• Leisure specialization: Commercial areas can specialize in leisure activities. Leisure areas are especially active during the night, but work like regular commercial areas during the day.

• Beach specialization: Commercial areas such as beach bars and restaurants, small marina and fishing tours on the shoreline can specialize in beach activities.

• Expanded City Services: Criminals will now be taken to Prison from Police buildings. Taxi service will help citizens and tourists travel around the city. Cargo hubs are harbors that accept cargo trains straight to the terminal. International airport is a huge airport, allowing much more traffic than the previous airport. It has a metro station attached to it. Bus terminal allows citizens to transfer to other bus lines in the terminal building.

• New transportation options: Bikes and dedicated bike lanes and bike ways let citizens opt for a faster alternative to walking. Bus lanes can be used to help the public transportation run smoother.

System Requirements:
    Requires Cities: Skylines Base Game.

Release:
    September 24th 2015

Price:
    $14.99  [More info]

Full source: https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines-after-dark

Visit Source

User Feedback

Azurespecter

Posted

Thanks for submitting this! I was just getting around to doing the same, haha

Share this comment

Hamish

Posted

Wow, looks amazing. Great additions to the game! Can't wait to see how this will change my cities :D

Share this comment

TekindusT

Posted

That's a development team that listens to its customers and fans! Thumbs up, CO & Paradox!

Share this comment

LexusInfernus

Posted

That looks great! Can't wait to try it out :D

Share this comment

mutton noir

Posted

This promises to be an impressive expansion. The addition of a day& night cycle will transform the game, it was a superb element in SimCity2013. The other additions are all welcome too. CO developers really are listening and responding to fans feedback. Now we just have to wait for it to drop. Of course no matter what the expansion includes there will always be some happy soul ready to point out what CO didn't add to the game and will revel in their misery on various forums! It just keeps getting better and better.

Share this comment

marnicq

Posted

Just wondering, won't this screw with the mods? As the mods aren't made to be viewed at night...

Share this comment

mrsmartman

Posted

Well Done! Always One Step Ahead.

Share this comment

Thin White Duke

Posted

Well then. I won't be bugging you guys about night time anymore, but gaaargh! That trailer is just so damn teasing! How does night time actually look!? :P

Also, the new specializations (especially beach) sound awesome. And I never realized how much I needed taxi services until now. Now I can't wait. This looks awesome! :D

Fun fact: I visited skatteskrapan today. Didn't see the Paradox logo anywhere, but that might just be because I wasn't really looking for it. :lol:

Share this comment

ggianfra

Posted

This news will will delight all newcomers to the city building.But certainly it will be disappointed all those who build cities for years.

The team of Paradox / OC was fantastic in making C:S but I think now it is lying on its success.

I hoped a strengthening of roads and highways (type NAM) and overcoming the constraints (4x4) of housing.

Top view of the city does not transmit emotions.

Share this comment

_Michael

Posted

Just wondering, won't this screw with the mods? As the mods aren't made to be viewed at night...

It shouldn't mess with mods too much, only third party buildings will need to be updated. 

Share this comment

Azurespecter

Posted (edited)

Yes, it will, but not because of night. Custom Assets will need an overhaul for night time. We realize it's going to be a lot of work for modders/creators to update their work, and we try our best to minimize that, but it's a necessary evil for progress.

Edited by Azurespecter

Share this comment

Mr_Maison

Posted

Yes, it will, but not because of night. Custom Assets will need an overhaul for night time. We realize it's going to be a lot of work for modders/creators to update their work, and we try our best to minimize that, but it's a necessary evil for progress.

Request that we modders get instructions asap so we can start updating from NOW please. Thanks. Many of us play with mostly modded buildings in our favorite areas. It would help the release a lot if at least many of us had our buildings ready for a seamless experience for players.

And I'm very excited about this. Thanks to the whole company!

Share this comment

Thin White Duke

Posted

Think it would be possible to release something like SC4's Building Architect Tool? I don't know what modders currently have to work with, but a program like that would probably help. Just a suggestion. :)

Share this comment

Dirktator

Posted

At first, perhaps. But modmakers are pretty good at keeping their mods updated, don't think there's any real cause for concern.

Share this comment

Samness

Posted

Can't help noticing that all of the new additions are things that have been suggested in the "What do you want in C:S" page on the forums. Always nice to see a company actually listening to its customers. Great work Paradox and CO!

Share this comment

Azurespecter

Posted

Can't help noticing that all of the new additions are things that have been suggested in the "What do you want in C:S" page on the forums. Always nice to see a company actually listening to its customers. Great work Paradox and CO!

How dare you make that accusation! Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

Share this comment

NielsC007

Posted

Bikes! Now I've never seen that in a city building game, that's pretty cool.

Share this comment