• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Cities "XXL" Announced

Haljackey

We're thrilled to announced the return of the world's largest city builder, filled to the brim with new features allowing you to expand the scope of the game further than any Cities XL game before it. Introducing: Cities XXL!

Create and manage enormous cities on the latest version of the 'Cities' engine with multi-core support. With a smooth FPS no matter the size and complexity, there are no longer any limits on the richness and diversity of your sprawling metropolis. New features, buildings, and other details will be revealed over the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Visit Source

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

Wiimeiser

Posted

Sequel, Remake or Expansion?

Share this comment

Revenger

Posted

Never posted on a new article before so I'll make this my first.

I'm skeptical after the original team went bankrupt after the online only cities unlimited game which was meant to be a staged rollout with features they stayed on initially to make single player.

Then I believe the team was laid off or something and the game was put into administration with new coders who did what they could without the full code to polish it up using community patches, as teams like similar to nam were helping the interim devs there add new things. This I also believe was the last compilation release platinum edition which I think was a small fee for additional content bundled.

So it appears from the quote they are using the same codebase engine, so I dunno if they did acquire the code eventually for a proper rebuild or if they found a way to polish what they had up using community suggestions.

So it'll be interesting to see what happens and if they can make a better game.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

A rather confusing first post.  Breaking it up into sentences instead of one long stream of consciousness might help.  Simply using capitalization would make it far more intelligible.

Thanks, that's much better.

Share this comment

DanSky

Posted

You have all my support if you dont try to sell again the same title (as it happened with the 2011, 2012, platinum, all of them basically the same game). CitiesXL arrived 4 years or more before Simcity5 and it's much better in many aspect. Now it's resurrecting from the riots and complaints about the original game mapsize, and Maxis deserve this.

Ah, let's hope they will finally kill those walking crowds with weird and giant heads (and polygons), I hate them:

2013-04-06_00004.jpg

Share this comment

Sandis_van_Great

Posted

Khem. Is it 1st of April again? Im really not sure if i should take this seriously or not, since how this game have failed many times before.

But well fingers crossed.Though its hard to take this seriously.

Share this comment

coolwiththecool2

Posted

Did I just hear multi core support? I know I did not just hear multi core support! Did anyone else read that?

Share this comment

The Pennsylvania Turnpike

Posted

I really did not expect a new CitiesXL game. Let's hope it fixes alot of the issues with the past CitiesXL games.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Wait and see.  We all know about initial hype.

Share this comment

shoko

Posted

I like spawn RCI same one simcity 2013

Share this comment

clhigh7

Posted

I'm interested to see the details in the coming months..

Share this comment

deimo5

Posted

Whoa... #LeftField... Ok... this was COMPLETELY unexpected. I think this is the best news we could all hope for---not because I'm excited about Cities XXL, but because now there is some real competition for Cities: Skylines. This means instead of CO simply being able to get away with making something "better than SimCity 2013" (which isn't hard), they are going to have to make a real quality game that includes all of the features that truly belong in an out-of-the-box city simulator if they want to beat their competition. At least that's what I'm hoping will come out of this.

...the other possibility is that they will rush to get it out first... I really hope THAT doesn't happen...

Share this comment

Robotica

Posted

I really liked Cities XL, I actually thought it was pretty good once you added all the proper mods and stuff. I only play city builders to create aesthetically attractive cities, I don't play for the simulation aspect. Cities XL could really make some beautiful cities, just look at xlnation. However, without multi core support it became a nightmare with even medium sized towns. If the game had good optimization I would LOVE IT!

Funny enough, I thought that Cities Skylines was actually the next evolution of Cities XL, I didn't really know it was an entirely different game. Hopefully they do it right!

Share this comment

skylerracer23

Posted

Talk about being blindsided...looks like Im going to have to put this on my list of games to buy.

Share this comment

chocolate_city

Posted

Totally out of left field and I couldn't be happier... but It can't be another Platinum with Multi-core support, can it?

Share this comment

Skimbo

Posted

WoHoo! Another Cities XL.... just the 4th or 5th in a row. And still the same things that annoy me about that game, I guess?

Share this comment

eburress

Posted

The Cities XL from 4 or 5 years ago was already better than the new SimCity.  This one, with improved performance, the still-large maps, etc is going to REALLY blow SimCIty out of the water!  Kudos to these other companies stepping up to fill the void left open by Maxis/EA.  

I still can't get over all the bad decisions those guys made...

Share this comment

zimmie

Posted

Good news for city builder fans. I've never got into XL really, but visually, it's easily the most realistic and best looking of the bunch imo. Hopefully they take what they've already done on that front and add better performance and gameplay. They could have a real winner.

Share this comment

champloo08

Posted

I hope they add a "no resource" mode. Basically free build play

Share this comment