• Freddyeddy
    Freddyeddy

Cities in Motion 2 Shows Nifty Transportation Network Options

From Paradox Interactive, Cities in Motion 2 is a mass transit simulation game where you build transportation networks for cities. CIM2 brings new choices to building transportation networks. If you want to focus less on city-building, and more on transportation networks for cities, CIM2 might be worth your time to check out...

Here's the marketing blurb:

Cities in Motion 2 (CIM2) is the sequel to the popular mass transit simulation game Cities in Motion. Build, manage and lead your transportation network to provide cities with their ever changing needs. Cities in Motion 2 introduces new features including multiplayer game modes, day and night cycles, timetables and dynamic cities.

Building the transportation network will directly affect how the city grows. Affordable transportation brings middle class housing and work places, while more expensive and exotic choices bring high end businesses. Take advantage of many different types of vehicles including buses, trams, ferries and more.

Build alone or play cooperatively with a friend. Use the newly implemented bus lanes to build efficient traffic free roadways. Tackle rush hour by managing transportation timetables and meeting the needs of the citizens.

• Dynamic cities

• Player’s choices affect city growth

• Day and night cycle

• Manage the timetables

• Multiplayer, both co-operative and competitive modes

• Campaign and sandbox mode

User Feedback

Won't pre order, but it does look promissing. It also holds prommisse for the future of Sim City. If Paradox can do this much improvement in 4 some years, then I am sure Maxis can improve on Sim city as well. There are some really nice building blocks in the new sim city, but they just need to be put together in a proper way.

Share this comment

If what the developers are promising really works out, the "gamechanger" here is that building out an effecient road network and transport line wil cause your city to grow in that direction. And supposedly, there will also be ploppable buildings. In other words, this is a city-builder, except you dont build by zoning, you build by laying down roads and transport networks. If you build it, they will come. Let's see if it actually pans out, but I'm excited. Have to admit that transport has always been my favorite part of simcity anyway :)

Share this comment

No matter how good a game looks...I don't buy games that have to be downloaded and require a third party account. Not only do I not have the ability to download such a game I am opposed to not having a choice. I do not mind having to connect to the internet once when the game is installed but this should NOT require I have an account with Steam or any other.

Sorry, they won't get my money.

Share this comment

Cities In Motion (1) was fun to play. The only obstacle the game had was the traffic getting stuck too easy. The footage for part 2 looks promising.

Won't pre order, but it does look promissing. It also holds prommisse for the future of Sim City. If Paradox can do this much improvement in 4 some years, then I am sure Maxis can improve on Sim city as well. There are some really nice building blocks in the new sim city, but they just need to be put together in a proper way.

I agree with dscampbell. This is what Simcity really misses. Some good transportation options. They should implement these options to make the traffic in your city work. Cities In Motion gets this concept. I hope the guys at Maxis pay attention and learn from Paradox....

Share this comment

Cities In Motion (1) was fun to play. The only obstacle the game had was the traffic getting stuck too easy. The footage for part 2 looks promising.

I agree with dscampbell. This is what Simcity really misses. Some good transportation options. They should implement these options to make the traffic in your city work. Cities In Motion gets this concept. I hope the guys at Maxis pay attention and learn from Paradox....

i have to agree..

My hopes for simcity 2013 were for a might higher end version of everything we had in sc4 + what was learned along the ways..

ALL the Mods were transportation and RCI mods to improve the quality ..

There is promise and hope in the engine but many of the engines functionality needs to be improved and transportation and modes of transportation are one of them

Just imagine if simcity had just the features of offered as far as transportation added to even what simcity has now.. how much people would enjoy it.

along with larger city maps

I want one way streets, bridges, underpasses, subways, walking paths, bike paths, bus and subway routes and even color of (blue line red line etc)

So many possibilities

We can always dream and hope

I'm buying.. it comes out on my birthday .. so why not

Share this comment

No matter how good a game looks...I don't buy games that have to be downloaded and require a third party account. Not only do I not have the ability to download such a game I am opposed to not having a choice. I do not mind having to connect to the internet once when the game is installed but this should NOT require I have an account with Steam or any other.

You bought sc5 :D and it needs origin :P

Share this comment

No worries, plenty of people that don't have a stick up their butt who will gladly enjoy a game while you sit there and pout. Steam is not that terrible.

I'm curious how you've managed to avoid getting a Steam account given that a such a large amount of superb games are available through steam. 

Share this comment

Have ordered on steam today as game is released in 4 days.

I have followed development of the game since it was announced. The dev team have been keeping fans up to date on development throughout and they deserve to be applauded and rewarded for their work.

Played CIM1 for over 177 hrs according to steam.

EA could learn a lot from CO and Paradox.

Share this comment

Main difference between this and SimCity is that you CAN play offline with a game through Steam.  I don't much care for it either but since brick and mortar stores have virtually disappeared and what few are left have very little selection when it comes to PC games there aren't a lot of other choices.

Share this comment

Looks pretty good, although I'll wait for reviews first. Much better graphically speaking than the new Simcity, they actually went for realism over goofiness.

Share this comment

i have to agree..

My hopes for simcity 2013 were for a might higher end version of everything we had in sc4 + what was learned along the ways..

ALL the Mods were transportation and RCI mods to improve the quality ..

There is promise and hope in the engine but many of the engines functionality needs to be improved and transportation and modes of transportation are one of them

Just imagine if simcity had just the features of offered as far as transportation added to even what simcity has now.. how much people would enjoy it.

along with larger city maps

I want one way streets, bridges, underpasses, subways, walking paths, bike paths, bus and subway routes and even color of (blue line red line etc)

So many possibilities

We can always dream and hope

I'm buying.. it comes out on my birthday .. so why not

Exactly. The modders that made SC4 an even better game, implemented a lot extra's to make the game really work. The only thing Maxis needed to do was to implement these modifications into the new game, and upgrade the graphics a little. That's it.

Share this comment

Hey maxis ... hear this
    •  Much bigger maps, possibility to have 1 huge city or a few small town on one map.
    •  More advanced and easy to use map editor.
    •  Scenario and rules editor.
    • Pathways will be able to be built freely, and are not restricted to a grid system.
    • Traffics lights are sensitive to traffic. If there are no pedestrians waiting, they operate a bit quicker.
    • The game will include buses, trams, trolleybuses, waterbuses and metro.

and has more ...

•  Multiplayer: Competetive and Co-operative modes.

And all for $ 19.95. Could have sent someone to do internship there.

Share this comment