• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

It was founded in the early 1800's and has thrived off of the factories and the major companies that rise up out of downtown. When you start your drive into downtown, the massive...

Entries in this City Journal

tahill79

Mansfield

Mansfield is the "All American" city that the United States was born to make.  Located just north/east of downtown Ashtabula.   A medium sized city at 75,000 sims,  nothing matters more than Friday nights at  Mansfield Senior High where thier beloved Tygers are the Nations #1 ranked high school football team.  Average income in this city is about $45,000 a year.  Most of the work force makes the 90 minute trip into downtown Ashtabula.

The #1 ranked Mansfield Senior High Tigers.

Mansfieldseniorhigh.jpg

A few of the commercial buildings of downtown Mansfield

mansfield.jpg

The Hotel Christine is the oldest building in Mansfield dating back 104 years.

mansfield2.jpg

mansfield3.jpg

The Olentangy River slides through just north of down town Mansfield.....

olentangy.jpg

olentangy1.jpg

tahill79

Lakewood

Its been awhile since I have updated my CJ.  I have been working like crazy expanding to the West, North and South of the CBD.  The population is now well over 800,000.  I just got Photoshop CS4 and still trying to get used to it.  I have Photoshop 7 on my desktop but because its down I havent been able to use in in a few months.

Heres my region picture. 

HDREGION.jpg

Lakewood is a small, hard working community of roughly 35,000 sims.  Lakewood is the third oldest community the region.  The small city started on the banks of the mighty Harding River. 

BOARDWALK3.jpg

BOARDWALK2.jpg

BOARDWALK4.jpg

BOARDWALK1.jpg

BOARDWALK.jpg

The main workforce for Lakewood is down at the Docks. 

DOCKS.jpg

Ashton State Facility for the Criminally Insane was founded in 1891 for the states criminals  that committed very disturbing crimes.  Its now one of the Nations most haunted places.  Abuse, murder and rape put this former institute on the map of the paranormal.

LAKEWOOD4.jpg

Harding Harbor Memorial Bridge was built in 1979.  Its the regions longest bridge at 1.5 miles long.  Before the bridge, commuters relied on a 15 mile "outta the way" drive just to get to work.

LAKEWOOD2.jpg

Some  night photos of Lakewood.........

SEAPORTVILLAGENIGHT.jpg

SEAPORTVILLAGENIGHT1.jpg

SEAPORTVILLAGENIGHT2.jpg

More to come form Ashtabula......

tahill79

October has started and you know what that means.....ghosts, goblins and witches will soon be knocking on your door and screaming "TRICK OR TREAT"!!!   Ghosts have always had my interest.  When I was 16 my fathers house was very spooky.  Strange things would happen and I knew that I had to figure these things out.  Now I'm 29 years old and have the means and money to investigate paranormal activity.  My wife and I have been investigating the paranormal for over a year now and we have seen and heard some really interesting things.  

Back on July 18th we investigated the Ohio State Reformatory or Shawshank Prison in Mansfield Ohio.  Jason and Grant from SyFy's Ghost Hunters investigated there a few years ago and the 3 idiots from Ghost Adventures were there a few weeks before us.  The former prison is also the set for Shawshank Redemption, Tango & Cash and Air Force One just to name a few.  Godsmack filmed the video for "Awake" and Lil Wayne's video for "Go D.J." were filmed there also.

CPRlogoUS.jpg

HAUNTED ASHTABULA

I will take you on a journey around the city and suburbs of Ashtabula, detailing some of the "haunted" sites.  Some of the tales are horrific,  some are sad, some are disturbing and some just aren't true.  Ghost stories usually start out as fact but after a few decades they become urban legends.  Names of the victims will be left out to protect their families.  There will be a few updates in this Entry and will each focus on a certain type of structure or land.

First we will visit several single family homes in the area.

3.1--The first haunted home we come to sits on the 200 block of Maple Street.  A beautiful white, 2 story house with a huge wrap around porch and a white picket fence was the scene of a horrific double murder/suicide.  The husband came home late one night to find his wife in bed with another man.  The end result was a dead wife and a part time lover.  The husband turned the gun on him self and ended his own life.  The current home owners reports of paranormal activity have been very scary for them.  Screams in the master bedroom, sounds of footsteps pacing outside the bedroom and overall feeling of being watched.

3983222065_1315099023.jpg

3.2--This home on Green Street with the beautiful landscaping was bought by a young couple that was just married and ready to start a family.  After 3 years and no babies the wife got distraught and seeked help from a medical professional.  She learned that her husband was unable to father a child.  She then decided to get rid of him and collect the insurance money.  She shot him in his sleep and disposed of his body in the Tuscan River.  She would later go insane and told the doctors that the ghost of her dead husband haunted her when she was home.  She would later confess to the murder of her late husband.

3983991800_85e2d16bf9.jpg

3.3--This home is the site of a older couple who both passed away in their sleep on the same night.  They were married for nearly 70 years when they both died of natural causes.  Current occupants complained of being pushed and voices saying "please leave us alone".  They will find their keys or pictures moved around the livingroom.  It dosent bother them to much so they haven't asked for a blessing on the home from the local clergy.

3983519349_cac7284d8d.jpg

3.4--The pool on this homes property is whats haunted.  It was home to a set of 6 year old twin boys who one night got out of their room and made their way to the pool.  They were found the next morning floating in the pool by their father.  The pool was their favorite place and on that night it was very hot.    Neighbors have told the family who still lives there,  that they hear splashing in the pool when nobody is home.

3984261830_0bcdbd3b2a.jpg

3.5--One of the older homes in the suburb of Mansfield.  This families tragic story begins with two sisters, one 14 the other 16.  The story takes a sad turn when the younger sister was jealous of her elder sister and her new boyfriend.  The younger sister was truly in love with the young man.  During a argument that escalated into a all out girl fight, it  ended quickly when the younger sister pushed her older sister into the fireplace.  By the time the doctors arrived it was too late.  She gave into her wounds and died a painful death.  The current family reports the sounds of screams and a fire crackling even when its off.  Faint crying can be heard on very quiet nights.

3984320358_b2e94f653c.jpg

3.6--The chalk outline is still visible behind the 3rd house where a man chased down a intruder but was over come by him and was shot in the stomach and later died.  Sometimes late at night you can see the 2 men running from the blue house, over the white picket fence and onto the porch of the 3rd house where the struggle ended.

3983466767_affb601551.jpg

3.7--This part of the block actually sits on the remains of an old cemetery.  Every home on this block has reported some kind of paranormal activity.  Every thing from full bodied apparitions, voices and shadow people.  Many homes go back up for sale shortly after being bought.  Many paranormal groups consider this to be "the hot spot" in Ashtabula.

3984143526_df8c019b50.jpg

3.8--This home is often then end of a dare for local school kids.  The tree is where a older gentleman hung him self after his wife of 48 years past away.  So the dare is to go and stand under the tree for 48 minutes and you will see the body of the old man hanging from the tree.  Most end up tee peeing the tree.  The current home owners report no activity.

3983323615_f1883105e0.jpg

More to come from Ashtabula later......

tahill79

Ashtabula Places to See

The Ashtabula Tourism Commission Board is very busy in Ashtabula.  The ATCB was formed in 1979 to help bring money in and help boost the local economy but the economy wouldn't feel any impact from the Board until 1987.  In 1984 the TCB went on a massive campaign to intensify the cities lack luster look and feel.  When Beautification 84 finally was launched,  many local businesses pitched in and the end result was a beautiful city.

2.1--A beautiful, state of the art convention center was constructed in 1991. The

Tuscan    Convention   Center   was  built  to  impress  and to bring the big shot

companies  into  Ashtabula.   

3955849166_01b84c47a8.jpg

2.2--Built  on  the  banks  of  the  mighty  Tuscan River,  TCC  features two all glass, 

triangular   shaped  pillars  that  reach  up  high into  the sky.   As you walk the stairs

to the top you will have a great view of the Tuscan river.

3955108065_83e548b2e1.jpg

2.3--The  ATCB started a "Build the Sign" campaign 4 years ago.  The

sign was funded by donations from area residents.  The thought was

to have something that was easy to see and recognize.  The city name

was chosen and a "Hollywoodland" type sign was erected.

3955954232_b6c8f5a741.jpg

2.4--Just north of the Tuscan River sits Germaine Fashion Mall.  A "mega-mall with

over  90 stores,  35 eateries and even a day care for the mommies.  To the north of

the  mall  is  Tuscan  Avenue  with the Tram in the middle.  The Tram also makes a

few stops to the west of the mall.

3955185375_0ab7bdb38d.jpg

2.5--These 2 obelisks sit on Tuscan Avenue and Germaine Avenue.  There are several

in the city and each is a marker for a founding father.  There are 6 spread out through

Ashtabula.  These two are for Emmitt Ervin and Jonathon Cauvel.

3956015386_e94d6dffe5.jpg

More to come from the sites of Ashtabula......

tahill79

Downtown Ashtabula

3952742137_0c54869b1e.jpg

Ashtabula today. 

Though not complete its a strong and growing city. 

1.1--The ASHTABULA   sign  greets  boaters  and  residents as

they cross  the bridge into downtown.     Many large corporations

set  their  home roots here in Ashtabula.      Many more will soon 

call Ashtabula home.                                                                                                                

3951473947_a375238b73.jpg   

1.2--To the bottom right of this picture you will see that Tram was added to make the

commute into downtown a little easier.    This  was  added  after  the  Tuscan Bridge

became  over  worked.   City  planners  decided  that  2  more  bridges(each going in

opposite directions) were needed to help ease travel.

3952263532_e76539db4e.jpg

1.3--Some more pictures of the heart of Ashtabula.    HSBC set up thier Accounts Division

6 years ago after completion of the building.

3954785784_77d2083c45.jpg

1.4--Downtown Ashtabula lights up beautifully at night.  The view from the

I-670 outerbelt is amazing at night.

3954778038_091e1ba530.jpg

1.5--The BDI Group building is the tallest building in Ashtabula.  It over looks the

Tuscan River and the vast supburbs that stretch north of the Downtown Area.

3953991353_22e05d09fa.jpg

1.6--Tuscan Avenue runs east to west across the city.  When the original bridge was built

thier wasnt very  much traffic going downtown.  The city council and mayor devised a plan

to add 4 more lanes.  A highway was out of the question and wouldnt look pleasing to the

in coming buisnesses.    They decided on 4 more lanes that would run in opposite directions

and would greatly decrease the tension on the original bridge.

3953981077_60f7f26416.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0