• Moose

San Reina

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

My first CJ here on ST. =) Welcome to the world of the Sims, home to many glorious and beautiful cities. An alternate reality to that of planet Earth, we look at their way of life, their...

Entries in this City Journal

Starcade

. Teaser 2 - Downtown

. . .

AUTHOR'S COMMENTS [ 10/12/2010 ] :

I know this teaser is small and this CJ gets updated everyone 6th month or so, lol. Honestly, I don't play SC4 that quickly to finish my cities fast, but I'm finally around to playing it more often and developing my city more. It's almost ready to be published and finally I can begin my CJ on a regular basis. For now, I thought i'd leave you guys with another teaser and this one is of my downtown.

If you do leave a comment, I would appreciate some constructive criticism on how to improve my downtown area as well. Be advised, it's largely incomplete and still needs some work, but the main parts are done. Again, I apologize it's only one image. Enjoy!

DOWNTOWN.jpg

Starcade

. Teaser I

. . . .

TEASERS I :

teaser.jpg

. . .

teaser3.jpg

. . .

teaser2.jpg

. . .

teaser4.jpg

. . .

AUTHOR'S COMMENTS [ 15/05/2010 ] :

I know i'm an unknown figure around these parts and this journal is certainly not up to par in terms of creativity and delivering a "wow factor", but so far, i've managed to get these teasers for you all to see. Not much, just four small pictures, but hopefully it will attract attention to this journal and go on from there.  By the way, the first two pages of this journal are largely incomplete and rather messy and i gotta fix that up. But anyway, enjoy! =D

Starcade

.The Region

regionbanner.jpg

THE SAN REINA REGION

Original Region Credit : Quintessa by tijn21

Modified by : Starcade

Untitled-1.png

In the nation of Kanarita, the San Reina region is one of the most beautiful and amazing regions known throughout the world. Located in the south of the York province, it is the center piece of the province that holds the city of San Reina. From the highest peaks in the southern Saliana's that meet with the lowest of sandy beaches on the coastal part of the Lensia ocean. A lush green environment with a rich soil and wildlife as far as the eye can see. A magnificent region that attracts thousands for it's wide beauty.

01. PREHISTORIC TIMES

The region itself was thought to have formed around 33 million years ago during a colossal volcanic event that formed much of Saliana Mountains. The basaltic lava event created the current shape of the region and was reponsible for the creation. However, the collision of tectonic plates that contributed to the formation of the southern Saliana's was also a leading factor in the creation of the region. Nevertheless, the entire area was geologically active and as a result, it was only inevitable that the creation would occur.

The region was largely uninhabited before the arrival of the earliest humans; this evidence is shown in the archeological findings that found very little fossil deposits and barely any that dated before the human settlement. Plantation evidence shows that the region was highly lush and could support life shortly after it's creation, but land life was not present at all. Sea life however, flourished quite a bit as early fish fossils were discovered in the Lensia ocean near by the region. Untouched, the regions natural beauty grew with time and around the same time that human settlement came in, wildlife is believed to have flourished in the region as well.

02. SETTLEMENT

Much like the country itself, the San Reina region was not settled until around the late BC times. The earliest humans found the great natural resource and beauty of the region to their benefit and settled the land. The generally warm climate of the region also made it an ideal location to settle and the earliest founders took residence over the region, more in part to the very south of the region and south of where Mt. Walker now resides.

Settlement in the region was threatened in the early AD times when Mt. Aurora ( now Lake Aurora caldera ) erupted violently and plunged the region into darkness. Early settlers were forced to leave the land to see shetler, plant life and sun light. The darkness and thick air was the result of the demise of many early humans as well as plant life. However, scientific evidence shows that the natural resource, beauty and stability of thr region was quickly regained once the ash had cleared and years had passed by for recovery. This in turn prompted settlers to once again return to the region and take residence.

When Kanarita was officially discovered by explorers around the 1293 time, from there, the main land of the country was settled quickly and the San Reina region was one of the earliest places where the founding fathers took residence. It is also debated that the city of San Reina was the first city to uphold the first independent government of Kanarita prior to the War of the Sands (the war with Alenio). However, this is speculated as most of Kanarita, more so San Reina, was heavily damaged during the conflicts and King Wellington had ordered all governmental buildings and constitutional copies burned. Ancient buildings can be found all over the region.

04. CLIMATE

The following is a climatic data of average monthly tempratures within the San Reina region:

CLIMATIC DATA FOR SAN REINA REGION
  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Average High °C 16 17 19 21 23.5 26 28 27 23 20 18 15
Average Low °C 9 10 11 13 16 18 19 17 14.5 13 11 8
Record High °C 30 32 35 36 40 41 43 38 40 39 33 30
Record Low °C -8 -3 -6 2 5 8 8 6 8 5 -1 -5

05. NOTABLE FEATURES

auroracaldera.jpgThe Aurora islands are one of the most beautiful locations of the region. Known for their perserved wildlife beauty of vegetation and flowers, the islands boast great beauty of travelling tourists.

However, the Aurora islands aren't always regarded as the Aurora islands but rather - The Aurora Caldera. The reason behind this naming, particularly by scientists, lies behind the violent past of the islands. The islands were once a massive volcano with three vents, with the main island being dubbed as Aurora island.

Around 273 AD, the three vents of Aurora island erupted catastrophically ( VEI 7 ) and one of histories most destructive eruptions took place. At the time, Sim settlement was present in the main portion of the region and the eruption blanketed the entire region and much of the what is now the Kanarita nation under heavy ash. The entire region lost it's sunlight for what is estimated to have been over three months of complete darkness.

The KGS ( Kanarita Geological Survey ) believes that Aurora's eruption was so immense, most of the heavy ash was ejected within the first few minutes of the eruption and the blast of the colossal event destroyed the peaks of the three vents almost immedaitely. Following the massive eruption, the structural damage dealt to the volcano as a result of the massive blast and force of the eruption caused the ultimate collapse of the three vents of Aurora and a large caldera was left at the heart of the island; this in part turned the island into three seperate islands and to this day, the scars of the eruption and the caldera rims remain. Of the three peaks and vents, Alston and Epi were completely destroyed and only a portion of the third, and most major vent, Aurora, remains today.

. . . . . .

SALIANAMOUNTAINS-1.jpgSituated on the south Eastern part of the region, the legendary Saliana mountains can be seen as they rise from the ocean to the highest point of Mt. Cranston.

The Saliana mountains boast great beauty to the region and extend from the North west of the region to the south east where upon the city of San Reina is located in between the Northern and Southern parts of the Saliana mountains.

Due to global location and climate of the region, very little snow sits on the snow peaks. However, during the winter months, some cold air can be felt on the highest points of the mountain range, most particularly at the peak of Mt .Cranston where upon some snow can be seen at times.

The first recorded ascend of the range was in 1913 when Sir Andrew Cranston Sr. took on a journey to ascend to the highest peak of the mountain range. He was unsuccessful due to health reasons and managed to get very close to the peak, but had to retreat and eventually passed away. His youngest son however, Richard Cranston, managed to ascend the Salianas and he was successful in reaching the peak and so, the highest point of the range was named after them.

. . . . . .

---------------------

AUTHOR'S COMMENTS [ 15/02/2010 ] :

Again, my apologies for not finishing this. I keep getting hung up on various work that comes up and doesn't allow me the time to complete this. Hopefully you are guys underatand and are patient. ;)

Starcade

.Introduction

intro.jpg

+ 01. THE AUTHOR

This is my first city journal that i will be starting here on Simtropolis. I've actually been a long time follower of this website and the fantastic files that many of the members provide to help expand the Simcity experience beyond it's original borders. However, i've never actually taken the initiative step to make myself known or seen, and so, here's my journal.

A brief introduction on me would first be my name which is Peyman [Pay][Maan] and if you're wondering where that name comes from, my country of origin is Iran meaning i'm of Persian heritage. I was born there, but grew up here in Canada most of my life. I'm attending University in my 3rd year of Computer Engineering. Anything else, you can just ask.

Back to the journal, like I said, this is my first city journal so please feel free to throw in some good compliments on improvements and such. But please, keep it constructive and nice. I won't tolerate crap, lol.

So here we go! Let's move onto the the idea.

+ 02. THE CONCEPT

The idea behind this city journal is rather cliché i persume to many of you. I'm sure with the long running amount of CJ's on this site that even the wildest of ideas have been exhausted so this may not seem much of a change to many of you. Nevetheless, I'll try to make this as original as possible and work it out for your enjoyment.

Essentially, the concept is based on a mixture of real world and a world of fantasy ( by fantasy, i don't mean dragons and such. You get the idea). You see, this first CJ is based on one city of couse, but the more general and wider idea is on a made up planet like Earth. The planet is called Aldea and you got fictional continents, oceans, mountains, countries, etc. Now, what makes it similar to real life Earth is of course the cities and various ideas. For example, currencies such as the pound, dollar and even the year will be based off of real life Earth. Humans ( knowns as Sims ) will be here and you pretty much get the picture by now.

As said, right now, this being my first city journal, we're going to be focusing on one city only and that is the city of San Reina. Again, in a more general and wider outlook, I'll be posting brief information on the nation in which San Reina resides and eventually transition onto the city itself and go on from there.

-------------------------------------------------

THE NEW WORLD

simworld.jpg

================================================

KANARITA.jpg

+ 03. THE NATION

- Real Life Basis : The United States of America, New Zealand, Australia, Canada.

kanaritaflag-1.jpg

- Motto : "Believe in the future."

- Anthem : TBA

- Capital : Kenton City

- Largest Cities :

1. Kenton City

2. San Reina

3. Coveton

- Number of Provinces : 14
- Official / National Languages : English

- Demonym : Kanaritan

- Government : Constitutional Democratic

- Population : 31,000,000+

- Currency : Kanarita Dollar ($)

GEOGRAPHY

The country of Kanarita is one of the worlds most geographically unique places. With the highest mountains in various parts and the lowest tropical parts in others, Kanarita boasts various geographical beauties. The country shares two land borders with the countries of Alenio and Colanta. The three countries, plus the country of Zansta complete the Olitensa continent.

Kanarita is mostly surrounded by bodies of water with a massive island ( known as Antonella Island ), complete the country from the water front. The nation itself is not only split in two by just mapping, but also under the theory of plate tectonics as well. The Olitensa plate meets the Pinazca plate where upon the fault line runs southward along the western coast of Antonella island; however, the plate line cuts almost one-third of the island from the rest of the nation and in particular, splitting the city of Sienna apart from the rest of the nation under the plate theory.

With a plate very close to the nation, Kanarita is prone to earthquake diasters and volcanic eruptions. However, the frequency of earthquakes from the Cooper fault line (the fault line between Olitensa and Pinazca plates) are rather low in number, yet very destructive. In 1891, a 9.3 earhquake devastated the city of Sienna and triggered a tsunami that demolished the coastal cities. Much of the same goes for volcanoes in the nation; Kanartina is home to a large number of volcanoes due to it's mountanious environment. However, their frequency of eruption are very low. Nevertheless, two destructive volcanic centers exist - Aurora Lake Caldera zone and the Hayleyview Caldera - both of which have been determined to be dormant rather than extinct.

HISTORY

The first true settlement of Kanarita was in the late 13th centry, but before that, smaller human colonies and earlier civilizations had settled the land before that and evidence has shown well into the early AD times. Nevertheless, proper city civilizations and growing societies arrived in the late 13th century. The land was discovered by Sir William Carrington in what is believed to be 1293 ( the exact date is known due to Carrington's erratic journals).

Research and evidence has shown that Carrington and his crew initially landed on Antonella island and believed it to be the main land of the "New Home". However, Carrington soon discovered that the land he had discovered was an island and upon further exploration and sightings, he would locate the main land of Kanarita and settle it. The speculated location of his arrival in main land Kanarita is said to be about 10 miles north of where the city of Green Hill now resides.

In 1400, Sir Charles Newnham of the United Kingdom who had arrived in Kanarita 20 years earlier, officially declared Kanarita as an independent nation and named himself the leader of the nation. In the agreement of the entire nation, the constitution was signed and officially mandated and Kanarita's political system was born as well as independence.

From there on, message was sent back and more ships settled the land within a few hundred years and the people from the

Pinazca continent met with the people of the Olitensa continent and more specifically, the original peoples of Kanarita. The rich soil and excellent climate provided a great settlement for a new home and soon, thriving civilizations were born in Kanarita. Various small villages soon became towns and Kanarita was on the map.

POLITICAL FACTS

president.jpg

67th President of Kanarita

BAYDEN FOSTER

Party : DEMOCRATIC

- Number of Political Parties: 3

1. DEMOCRATIC

2. REPUBLICAN

3. VALICAN

- Official location: Kenton City

NOTABLE DATES

50 BC : First humans are believed to have settled the Kanarita mainland at this time. It is believed they migrated from what is now Colanta.

103 AD : Ancient scripts and writings show of signs of civilizations and small villages and colonies from the ancient humans.

273 : The three vents of Aurora island erupt catastrophically ( VEI 7 ). The island is mostly destroyed and a massive caldera is left in the middle of the island. Tsunamis, pyroclastic flows and volcanic ash devastate the region. Settlement is threatened.

312 : Human settlement in Kanarita returns to normal state. Population growth begins.

722 : The ancient Zinca temples are built around what is now the San Reina region. They were written to be the "steps to the heavens" from the ancient settlers.

1293 : It is believed that Sir William Carrington discovered Kanarita in this year. His journals were erratic and a deviation of a year exists. Intially, the island of Antonella was discovered and a few months later, the main land of Kanarita.

1400 : Sir Charles Newnham officially declares Kanarita an independent nation and the constitution is signed.

1489 : King Wellington of Alenio invades main land Kanarita. The war of the Sands begins and lasts for 5 months before Kanarita is officially conquered. Kenton City is burned and George Newnham (Charles Newnham's grandson) is killed in the war. Wellington orders the constitution of Alenio to be followed and establishes a totalitarian rule.

1572 : King Wellington dies and the Kanaritan people revolt against the Alenio settlement. Sir Ansley McDonald comes to power and re-establishes the original consitiution. Alenio settlement is driven off and the Alenionite government is changed completely. Kanarita once again restablishes it's independence and Sir Ansley McDonald declares himself the first president of Kanarita. First political parties are establishes and a stable government is formed. Each presidential term is deemed to be 8 years with one chance of a return.

1774 : The great flu pandemic hits Kanarita. Over 3 million lives in Kanarita alone are lost to the virus. Dr. Edward Langdon of Oakvale Bay discovers the cure and flu is neutralized.

1802 : A new party comes to power in Kanarita - the Valican party.

1891 : A colossal 9.3 earthquake rocks the coastline of the city of Sienna. The city itself suffers enormous  damage. The quake's intensity was so severe, a tsunami was triggered on the other side of Antonella island. San Reina, Green Hill and Oakvale bay are devastated. The quakes shock also reached Rose Beach up north on Antonella island, doing damage.

1910 : Flight is discovered in Verovia as James Graham and Edward Turner discover flight and built the first airplane.

1921 : The First World War begins. Kanarita associates itself with the Allies. 500,000 troops are sent to the war.

1925 : The First World War ends. Kanarita registers 288,000 soldiers as deceased in the war. The Allies however, achieved victory.

1933 : The television is invented in the city of San Reina and soon, the world tunes in as the first ever station comes to air - The San Reina News channel.

1940 : The Second World War begins. Allies battle the Axis as dictator Ramon Voskevo conquers most of the Garrata continent. Kanarita declares its non-participation of the war. Allied nations voice their concern over this decision, but President Cranston remains strong on the decision.

1942 : The Allies have been losing the war as almost all of the Garrata continent is now under the communist dictatorship of Ramon Voskevo. He declares his next task to be to conquer the Olitensa continent and the nation of Kanarita. President Cranston officiailly announced Kanarita's participating in the war. The Allies receive boost in numbers and supplies as Kanarita enters the war.

1947 : The Second World War ends. The Soviet nation of Terposta declares defeat and it's unconditional surrender after Ramon Voskevo is killed in a air bombing of their capital. Allies declare victory.

1962 : 5.4 Earthquake rocks the city of Richmond. No deaths, but significant structural damage is dealt. Kanarita geological survery finds the epicenter to be located under the Hayleyview Caldera and after extensive study, the caldera is officially announced to be dormant rather than extinct.

1970 : Kanarita and the newly reformed nation of Terposta send the first humans to walk on the moon.

1975 : The Kanarita Geological survery officially announces that Lake Aurora is a dormant volcanic zone. The city of San Reina experiences mass looting in fear of the nearby volcano, but speculations of an impending eruption are soon cooled down.

1978 : President Hansen is assassinated. Conspiracies rise up and it is found that Republican leader, George Dalton was behind the assassination. Dalton is executed and 45 others are jailed for life in conspiracy against the government and for the assassination of President John Hansen.

1985 : Kanarita launches the internet as well as thousands of home computers. The world of technology is revolutionaized forever.

1991 : The StarLight tower in Verovia is bombed. 59 people lose their lives. Terrorist group Al-Wahdi claims responsibility for the bombings.

1994 : The World Cup is officially hosted by the nation of Kanarita. Over 4 million people attend as well as 5 million more come into the country. Over 400 million people world wide watch the event.

1999 : The second worst airplane crash in history occurs. Zanbon Air Flght 7892 Being 747 smashes in mid air with Air Kanarita Flight 272 Being 747 over San Reina International airport. 742 people are killed.

2000 : President Bayden Foster is elected. He becomes the first ever black president of the Kanarita nation.

-------------------------------------------------

So, as said, i hope you guys enjoy this city journal and as mentioned, feel free to give feedback. This is only the introduction and i'll be posting a little bit more afterwards in a bit.

Welcome to Aldea...

Welcome to San Reina...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0