• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A small nation off the coast of the United Kingdom

Entries in this City Journal

spore415

CBD teaser 1

This is what i've been working on this morning.... but i'm not liking it at all, i don't think it quite captures my style of city buidling and is all together to messy....... tell me what you think!

1.jpg

spore415

well it's been about a month... and i have been quite lazy to tell the truth. I have decided that i will now update everyday this weekend beggining tonight with the update that i had planned for 4 weeks ago! nothing exciting though.

1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

4.jpg

spore415

Northampton County, Auria Welcomes you!

Picture that on a sign. That's all that Northampton County is. A sign.

Current statistics as of Sep. 6th 2009

Population: 12

County Executive: N/A

Commericial Population: 1 fruit stand

Domesticated Animal Population: 212

Northampton County may be rich in wildlife and natural beauty, but other than that it has nothing.... This CJ will chronicle the Construction of Northampton County and the Municipalities that will cover its lands. To go from what can be barely considered rural (its THAT desolate) to a bustling core of urban commerce will take time, patience and most importantly money. But thankfully because of a recent stimulus package passed by the Aurian Government to increase jobs... there is an ample amount of currency out there. 100 billion Aurian Dollars were allotted specifically for the construction of a fully operating, self serving municipality within Northampton County with next to no strings attacthed. Let the Trucks rumble, The tractors bellow, the Cranes swing because It's time to build a city.

The saying goes... "Rome wasn't built in a day." That is very understandable.... but thankfully I'm not attempting to build Rome, i'm playing SC4. In this update I will just show a few quick photos of what has occured so far with minimal captions so that the story will be Up-To-Date for the next update. the First Municipality is well into construction and it is named Kensington.

1.jpg

Every city needs its start and for Kensington that start is here. 4 blocks were constructed in a location chosen by myself, to house a few dozens original residents. From here on in Statistical data will decide where what needs to be built and where demand is and is not.

2.jpg

Several streets were constructed with the intent that upon completion one will be upgraded to a road.

3.jpg

In case you were wondering... those street lead to a small commericial center a few tiles down. Using the traffic data tool I took the most frequently used street and upgraded it to a road to allow smooth transit. This process of street construction and traffic usage analyzing is the process that will dictate how future roads will be constructed and upgraded. I will not be laying roads down to "make everything look pretty!" I am aiming for realism and efficiency... but of course i will be taking aesthetics into consideration.

4.jpg

Filling in the non upgraded street with low density residential... therby fomring the first of Kensington's Neighborhoods.

5.jpg

Continuing with upgrading roads and constructing new ones where necisary... a "cozy" grid is starting to appear and Kensington is taking shape.

6.jpg

A community park... Kensington Park, was consturcted along the border of the commercial and residential areas to act as both a source of entertainment and relxation for residents (including sports feilds, a playgroud, a picnic area and bike/walking trails) as well as a buffer between the two.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Along the most frequented road in town, Main Street, a non-denominational Church was constructed to meet citezens spititual needs. at a construction cost of only 4 million, most call the building money well spent. However local athiest residents and non christian residents have already spoke out about the construction as being "one sided and descriminatory". Future plans have been made to construct other houses of worship to better meet the needs of non chrisitan residents. for the time being however, the opposition has been kindly asked from voicing support outside of the church when a service is going on and have so far complied graciously.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Welcome to Kensington, Northampton County, Auria.... we hope you enjoyed your stay and will come back soon when the excitement begins!

If you have any comments or criticisms, please feel free to voice them. If you don’t like the way something is being done or would like to make a suggestion on as to how it could be done better I would also like to hear from you.

-Spore415

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0