• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Follow the construction of the City of Kensington, a member of AFDES and AIN.

Entries in this City Journal

spore415

Well Continuing on with the construction..... we have had several Developers engage in projects in Conjunction with the city... the largest being to the Sout-East. also a massive redevelopment of the Commericial Core has taken place.

1.jpg

South-East Kensington Estates by Hanburg Reality. Currnetly... the lots have yet to be sold but it is geting there and will provide homes to over 800 residents

2.jpg

This was the commericial core last update.. however i decided that it was just too... cramped and unnatractive so i decided to revise it. it also took away from possible residential development along the park.

3.jpg

well you can see how it all looks now with the commericial district being confined to a single 2 tile patch along a road... decent i think. though parking is not that good.

4.jpg

many more developments are taking place however including an extension of a rail line into town that had previously run just outside of Kensington borders

5.jpg

Archean Station lies just to the south of town and will be opened shortly to allow sims transit between Kensignton and surrounding areas

6.jpg

Another big thing that happened was the Bike trail along the park was extended and now runs thorught the entire city.  This has been praised as the most enviromentally friendly and recreatioinally satisifying by many citezens. The Bike trail will be called the Kensington loop and is the spear head of a national program to get people out and active. it is the first of many like trails to wind thourgh out the city. the following pictures will show the trail snaking through Kensington.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

and the trail concludes  at the other side of the park. All in all the trail loops about 2 miles through town. The local high school is planning on using parts of it for their cross country course. which in case you were wondering.... the high school boys XC team is currently the league champs... congrats!

11.jpg

12.jpg\

the Southside of town is currently rather barren... but things are looking good for the coming weeks.. many more things are scheduled to take place.

13.jpg

and there is a firehouse now in Kensington.... so we win

spore415

Update 1 : Square Uno

I had expected to use this past summer to build the perfect Sim City 4 region, the likes of which i have never been able to accomplish before. However, no matter how i tried, I always found that something didn't quite suit..... so 3 monthes, 5 maps and 30 region tile restarts later i still have absolutely nothing to call "my region". So after i became frustrated and put playing Simcity on hold for a while and became a lurker on the CJ forums. I've seen alot of sure to be hits come out lately, and all of them have inspired me to build yet another region. However, the method in which i will be going about doing so will be different. in regions past i would start at the core and build the CBD and work my way out.... but that has never really worked out for me since i always ended up restarting the tile before i finished the CBD. So now I intend to do the opposite, work from the bottom up. I intend to build a city in the same manner as "natural growth" .... but speeding things up significantly. i will only upgrade raods when they become congested and only construct commericial when it is needed. sounds boring.... well it is, but I intend to build a region that will last for a good long while! I now present to you the start of the City of Kensington, my newest city!

1.jpg
Starting off is the simplest building block... a block of residential

2.jpg
i put a network of streets leading to a commericial site to figure out which one will be the most traveled and therfore upgraded to roads

3.jpg
according to statistical data... i upgraded the above roads

4.jpg
and filled in the remaining areas

5.jpg
expanding the commericial zone in order to fufill residential demands

6.jpg
a park was added to fill in an abnormal space between the commercial and residential area... along with providing a "sound buffer"

7.jpg
school district as education rates plumeted was needed to maintain cognitive development

8.jpg
a church to fufil spiritual needs

9.jpg
more residential areas were zoned in a desirable location after data showed that 800 R $$ wanted to move in

10.jpg
and again residential was zoned with more demand

11.jpg
the "center" of Kensington after the massive initial construction of the city proper...

don't like what i'm doing.... drop me a line and tell me what i could improve! but keep in mind this is just the start and i didn't put a whole lot of detail in yet. comments and critisisms are all welcome
-Spore415

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0