1. About meFirst of all I would like to issue a warm welcome to all readers. In this space I will have you take part in the development of Genoa City, a fictional modern metropolitan area, somewhere on the eastern seabord of the United States.
My name is Sebastian from Germany. I have been following the developments around SimCity for a while and have gazed with wonder at what all these talented people are able to get out of such an old game as SimCity. Developments such as NAM, RHW, SAM, RAM, but also the countless BATs and LOTs are a monument of this.
My main interest in SC4 is transportation in all its facets, especially ports, railways and airports, followed by the development of US-themed cities.
2. About Genoa CityGenoa City is a metropolitan area on the eastern seabord of the United States. While fictional, the area modelled in Sim City, resembles the area around Norfolk and Hampton Roads, Virginia. The area stretches from the Atlantic beaches (RL Virginia Beach) to Arlington Roads Bay (RL Hampton Roads Bay) with the towns of Geno City on the south side and Arlington on the North Side.
The following map shows the an overview on the shorelines as well as the principal roads and geographical features.
The grey numbers highlight the following items, which amongst others shall be described in the upcoming entries in the CJ:
- The Genoa City Naval Station
- The Genoa City Navy Docks and Air Station
- The Genoa City Container Terminal
- The Lynnhaven Bulk and Breakbulk Terminal
- The Arlington Roads Container Terminal