Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Follow the development of a (fictional) sprawling city on the Eastern Seabord of the United States. Discover endless beaches, busy ports, glistening downtown areas and spreading suburbia

Entries in this City Journal

sstyrnol

Introduction

genoalogo.jpg

introductionm.jpg

1. About me

First of all I would like to issue a warm welcome to all readers. In this space I will have you take part in the development of Genoa City, a fictional modern metropolitan area, somewhere on the eastern seabord of the United States.

My name is Sebastian from Germany. I have been following the developments around SimCity for a while and have gazed with wonder at what all these talented people are able to get out of such an old game as SimCity. Developments such as NAM, RHW, SAM, RAM, but also the countless BATs and LOTs are a monument of this.

My main interest in SC4 is transportation in all its facets, especially ports, railways and airports, followed by the development of US-themed cities.

2. About Genoa City

Genoa City is a metropolitan area on the eastern seabord of the United States. While fictional, the area modelled in Sim City, resembles the area around Norfolk and Hampton Roads, Virginia. The area stretches from the Atlantic beaches (RL Virginia Beach) to Arlington Roads Bay (RL Hampton Roads Bay) with the towns of Geno City on the south side and Arlington on the North Side.

The following map shows the an overview on the shorelines as well as the principal roads and geographical features.

genoamap.jpg

The grey numbers highlight the following items, which amongst others shall be described in the upcoming entries in the CJ:

1. The Genoa City Naval Station
  2. The Genoa City Navy Docks and Air Station
  3. The Genoa City Container Terminal
  4. The Lynnhaven Bulk and Breakbulk Terminal
  5. The Arlington Roads Container Terminal
Thats all for now, the next entry shall feature some first ingame pictures...

Best regards,

Sebastian

Sign in to follow this  

volume5_md.pngURGENT! We need your help!

We urgently need your help to meet our September goal!

Please consider a donation today.

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation goes to help us keep the site running free.

Enjoy the site!

OK - See STEX Collections