• Moose

Bellingham Journal

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

This will be an different CJ. Instead on focusing in the beautiful images, this will unite all my journey creating and editing a big metropolis.

Entries in this City Journal

f3cs

Hello, welcome to another entry to the Bellingham Journal. This entry will deal with one of the most important matters of the city: Mass Public Transport.

This is a real map from the transport in Bellingham

UPje0Lj.jpg

Superscripion:

Blue: Line 1 Metro

Yellow: Line 2 Metro

Orange: Suburban Railway (Lines A from D)

Red: BRT

(The colors are not the official ones, and are here just to separate the the lines)

This is an tourist map about the stations for lines 1 and 2.

5EyRXX5.jpg

They have the all the names of the stations and the integrations with the diverse forms of transportation. The next images will show a few of them:

AyKASeQ.jpg

Costa Verde Station: The former end of the Line 1, now the infrastructure leads to the new access to the new station and is the integration between ferries and Line 1.

YVFOn9u.jpg

This is the terminal of the BRT System in the CBD, side to side with the Rail terminal, a complex called "Terminal Central". The complex receives 160000 passengers/day.  They're also integrated with line 1 of the metro and all the Railway Lines (A from D) with the Central station. The Complex also gives access to the biggest walkable complex of services in the region.

yaQJHw3.jpg

This is Cosmos/Allianz Arena Station, One of the most used in the Bellingham. Is the Intersection between Line 2 of Metro and Line D of Commuter Rail. Due it's prime location, The station also attends universities, stadiums (That put the name on the station) and one of the most used avenues in the city, the Avenida Manchester. To ensure full access to the station, a footbridge was attached next to the station, crossing the rail and linking Estrada das Lágrimas and the end of Avenida Cosmos to Avenida Manchester.

9yt53vo.jpg

Vila Inglesa Station: Integrates Line 2 with Lines A and B. The station still retains the original characteristics of when it was a station that served a village inspired by the European concepts (mainly English) of architecture and urbanism.

f3cs

Hello, welcome to the second entry:

The entry will be huge, because I'll speak of the greatest park in the region, we have 9km of park (5.6mi if you use the imperial unit)

NOqjENx.png

They're divided in 3 fully connected parks:

-Parque do Canal:

fy8y1X1.jpg

Aterro:

JAHUz4k.jpg

woqZr0R.jpg

AyKASeQ.jpg

Ferry terminal in the right side, in the bottom: Integration with metro system. You can see Historical Museum in the left top too.

5r5LXuq.jpg

(There's another subway connection here too)

And Praça da Bandeira:

JzY5LOO.jpg

There were studies for the implementation of a beach in Praça da Bandeira, but the proximity to the port killed the project.

8FyuNu2.jpg

By the way, this is the reason why it's called Praça da Bandeira: There's a lot of flags of friendly countries and associations

But sims use it very well. There's a lot of gazebos and park benches like this one, where sims can relax and think about life:

kClZEwe.jpg

8lMy1wS.jpg

Aterro:

This is the biggest part of the park. Where the park divides it's space with Jayme Costa parkway, popularly known as Costa Verde Parkway.

KvfproD.jpg

It's know that way because there was no land here in the beginning of the history: It was created with a severe number of landfills (this is what means aterro in the language that the city adopts, the Portuguese). With the new high speed corridor, solutions were also implemented to not permit that the expressway cut the park in half where it needed.

wgp417v.jpg

pedestrian walks and even the sidewalk of the tunnel are used for making the walk of the pedestrians safe.

6S1Kq8d.jpg

recreational stuff right after a footbridge

WOS8m9h.jpg

There's a lot of park accesses if there's need to create expressways.

HbRbPly.jpg

WIth the ease of the parkway, a lot of facilities moved towards to it. The Parliament and the bus terminal are just two of them.

07ueLJm.jpg

One of the biggest residential buildings in the world was constructed in the "parkfront" Near it, the other buildings look like dwarfs *:lol: You can see the "to-implement" acess from Thomas Edinson Avenue to the parkway:

2I9aNuh.jpg

JAHUz4k.jpg

I leave you with the two most important interchanges of the parkway. The first is named terminal. In the second image, you can see Trumpetstack.

This park was inspired by Aterro do Flamengo, in Rio de Janeiro:

https://www.google.com.br/maps/@-22.9276923,-43.1623716,1324a,35y,293.03h,37.44t/data=!3m1!1e3

@Dgmc2013 Thank you for your kind comment. It feels like is organized because it uses a technique that I'll explain later, called TOD.

@MissVanleider Yes, I always have that feeling too. The other reason for having 2 lanes is because it's a very important node in the city.

f3cs

This is the new park from Bellingham, Iguaçu Park. This will be the first of the series of entries that I'll call Parks in Bellingham.

29iNMQi.jpg

With the park, there's lots of options of entertainment, like the auditorium:

qzKTGxY.jpg

XTXRdoo.jpg

Or the library, with it's futuristic design and the museum:

UqbOCET.jpg

PhzJYxj.jpg

Or an Obelisk:

3uYKydK.jpg

(Another neat open shot because, why not?)

XVOJkwi.jpg

This park was inspired by Ibirapuera Park, in Sao Paulo:
https://www.google.com.br/maps/@-23.5878471,-46.6565079,2106m/data=!3m1!1e3