• Moose

La R

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A journal where you can take a part on the city's government, and decide the future of this Country, along with me and the rest of the government members...and all you have to do is comment!

Entries in this City Journal

manubeas

sloganrd4.jpg

First, some developement pics on the north-west part of the area: 

250.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg

A huge economical depression hits the city. The funds are down to zero. Residential Taxes have to be raised for there to be balance and will be lowered again when there is enough money. 

253.jpg

The new income:

254.jpg

Also, the government decides to import garbage from Bruno city for a good amount of exchange. 

255.jpg

Here is a graph of the total funds over a period of 10 years, where you can appreciate the couple economical depressions. As you can see in the red circle (or kind of a circle) the total funds, which have increased finally over the last year with he various changes made. 

256.jpg

This depression causes a harsh impact on the value of the currency. Here is the current and past exchange rates:

Before

1 URS Franc - 0.52 U.S. dollars

1 URS Franc - 8 Mexican pesos

1 URS Franc - 0.38 Euros

After

1 URS Franc - 0.31 U.S. dollars

1 URS Franc - 4.7 Mexican pesos

1 URS Franc - 0.223 Euros

Finally some more developement photos:

257.jpg

258.jpg

259.jpg

manubeas

Subway sytem

sloganrd4.jpg

Hello everyone. I apologize for taking so long, but school has gotten in the way with the start of my IGCSEs so I barely have time to hang out here in ST or Simcity. This is just a small update to answer the next poll.

617squad: Thanks for you comments, but if youre going to post a comment  which says exactly the same, please don't. lol

Jim1994: Thanks!

simcityplyr100: Thanks a lot for your time, and don't worry, the worse that could happen, is losing your vice-president chair 15.gif

spore415: Thanks!

penguin007: Thanks!

un1: Thanks un1!

wishfulanthony: Thanks for taking the time on thinking all that! Whoa!

Matrx999: I'm very glad you liked my URS Open concept. Thanks!

Okay then, lets get on with this mini update

After option A was chosen, the government got into work on a huge subway sysem which would travel throughout the entire city, with stations strategically placed.

246.jpg

245.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

The government hopes the current commute time lowers by at least 5 minutes:

249.jpg

manubeas

Region shots

UPDATE!: I will be posting all of my region shots in this particular page, from the first one to the last one. This way you can see how my region grows.

049.jpg

094.jpg

167.jpg

(not the best pic)

212.jpg

244.jpg

manubeas

the URS Open

sloganrd4.jpg

Okay everyone, update time!! I'm sorry I took so long but school's been very (very) tough lately and I barley have free time.

Click on the images to see them on full resolution!

More development:

229.jpg

230.jpg

A university graduation 3.gif

231.jpg

More development:

232.jpg

More development near the palace:

233.jpg

234.jpg

235.jpg

236.jpg

More (yes, more) development; now near the highway:

237.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

Now that the US Open which just happened in NYC, the URS is preparing for the first year of the URS Open. Players from all over the world are coming, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick and many more!

240.jpg

241.jpg

242.jpg

manubeas

Canyon Lake

sloganrd4.jpg

Okay, lets go on with the long awaited update! First of all, the city to be developed is number 2, because 2 of you chose it! 

So in this update, I'll just show you around and we will start development on the next one.

WELCOME TO CANYON LAKE!!!

213.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

220.jpg

221.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

Stay tuned for the next update!

manubeas

sloganrd4.jpg

Now, when taking the pics for this update, my game crashed and I lost everything I had done so when you look at three mesas again it might  be a bit different cause I had to do everything again and it is not entirely exact.

First, Im gonna start with some night shots:

177mq2.jpg

178if9.jpg

179yg9.jpg

180vr2.jpg

196go3.jpg

The first geothermal powerplant of the URS:

197oh7.jpg

Now, complete development:

198nq9.jpg

199pt0.jpg

39.gif39.gif39.gif39.gif200th pic!!!!!!!!!! 39.gif39.gif39.gif39.gif

200ar8.jpg

201ty7.jpg

202fj6.jpg

203fz9.jpg

204tq4.jpg

205pw5.jpg

206xi5.jpg

207kr1.jpg

208xk3.jpg

209jz9.jpg

210dz1.jpg

211fj1.jpg

manubeas

sloganrd4.jpg

This update is the first part of two of the end of three mesas development and off to a new city!

Okay then, to start this update, I'll show you the new house of the mayor, 8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, TV lounge, 3 living rooms, huge kitchen, great gardens, 30 seat dining room and lots of space for cars, anyone interested???:

183rk7.jpg

184pw4.jpg

A graveyard:

185mq8.jpg

More zoning:

186by4.jpg

188hj5.jpg

189cz6.jpg

A zoo and more zoning near the highway:

190uo4.jpg

191ut5.jpg

192nb2.jpg

an overview:

194jg1.jpg

195oc6.jpg

Well that's it for this part, I promise the next one is gonna be much bigger.

manubeas

sloganrd4.jpg

All the big lots that you see are medium rise zones:

169in6.jpg

For some reason, mid rise is still not developing:

170gc0.jpg

171ej8.jpg

an overpass:

172dm2.jpg

173nz8.jpg

174ss9.jpg

175in5.jpg

176lp4.jpg

181cw3.jpg

182aq4.jpg

As you can see, unfortunately very few mid rise buildings cause they are not appearing. 

Thanks for watching!

manubeas

sloganjf9.jpg

Well, now I would like to point out that this is the first update that I do without at least 5 votes, I guess you are mad at my cj or something3.gif but I need to update now.

The new highway is built:

121zw0.jpg

122xq1.jpg

123ht4.jpg

A big piece of land to be developed near the highway:

124ld0.jpg

Xoning is for high and medium density again.

125aa2.jpg

city hall:

126ss8.jpg

Stock Exchange:

127ag9.jpg

The famous treasure Island Hotel in Las Vegas is also built here:

128yp6.jpg

wall 2 wall commercial office buildings:

129dv9.jpg

More development to be done:

130vx8.jpg

131ue4.jpg

132qp8.jpg

133hq3.jpg

Another skyline is already noticable:

134gj2.jpg

A new entry to the highway is built for the new part of town.

135hf2.jpg

The overpass boosts local desirability:

137tg1.jpg

It is quickly upgraded to an avenue because of the high traffic level:

138hy4.jpg

An overview of Three Mesas:

139dg2.jpg

140mj7.jpg

manubeas

sloganjy7.jpg

Well, as you can see, Im back from my beautiful vacations in Cancun with a (quite big) update.

I would like to thank simcityplyr100 for adding me to his signature, and for his constant help and support for this cj.

Well, I want to fully develop 3 Mesas to continue with a new city, so, I developed a great part of land(its actually not so big, I like to exagerate) and Its waht Im showing in the next pics.

105lj8.jpg

106rp6.jpg

107vn8.jpg

The previous two areas now developed:

107po2.jpg

108kn3.jpg

More zoning around the mesas:

109jk9.jpg

Traffic is increasing rapidly:

110ug4.jpg

A small extension of the highway is built:

111ng6.jpg

All the area will be developed:

112gt7.jpg

113kl6.jpg

114ww5.jpg

115xd4.jpg

116cl9.jpg

117if1.jpg

118pc2.jpg

An overview of the area:

119rw6.jpg

A remake of the bridge with ramps was made to handle the traffic:

120wq1.jpg

New Poll!!!: Should the highway be continued to Bruno City(if you want to see Bruno City, look at the first update), the capital? If not, what is to be done with the money?

manubeas

sloganbu8.jpg

I would like to thank simcityplyr100 for replying as fast as possible. I'm going on vacation so I wont be able to update on two weeks so this will be the last update I do for a while. 

Everything on this update is what simcityplyr100 specified.

Well, this is the next area to be developed:

095ug3.jpg

096ql9.jpg

097ws9.jpg

A little golf course is built to increase desirability:

098bf7.jpg

More zoning:

099uh0.jpg

Unfortunately, the landstrip is not available yet, but some fire depatments were built around the city (four actually):

100jv7.jpg

one of the previous areas now fully developed:

101hj9.jpg

More zoning near the shore:

102ip8.jpg

And more areas developed:

103dk4.jpg

104ku5.jpg

To finish I would like to add a new person to the City Council for his great support and carefulness on his replies. Welcome....... simcityplyr100!!!

NOTE: no poll this time because of my unavailability(that word was hard to write) to update.

manubeas

sloganxi6.jpg

Replies:

un1: Thanks!

simcityplyr100: Thanks for voting! I'm finally seeing people which understand what Im trying to do which is include all the community onto my cj.

wishfulanthony: Bunch of thanks to you for your super-detailed answer as always! 

Matrx999: Thanks for voting!

jacqulina: Thanks for both of your comments!

RushHourFreak: Thank you for your great commnet! I'm very glad you like this cj's system. Yeah I know about the maxis buildings. It was just too late to buldoze them when I saw them.

anarchy0029: Thanks for checking back and your vote.

Twenty20: Very glad you like it. Thanks for checking back!

Shingure: Thanks for voting!

Update time! The big surprise is that now I will be naming city council members each update, to the ones which post a great, detailed post and always check my cj. The first CCM (city council member is wishfulanthony

I downloaded Meadowshire terrain mod, which is beautiful but it looks much much different. 

Updating this time was difficult cause everyone said something different and I couldn't do everyhing so.... I did what was more asked to. More parks, more develoment, take advantage of the sea, and more schools and hospitals.

To start with, a huge hospital which was built to replace the little one, this one covers the whole city:

078uh5.jpg

some pics of the area which will be developed:

079ws9.jpg

080sk2.jpg

081yb5.jpg

A beautiful marina is built:

082cf3.jpg

Commercial development:

083jf3.jpg

Residential development:

084re2.jpg

Pay special attention to those:

085vo0.jpg

A huge and beautiful park is built, the Paraiso Verde:

086hs6.jpg

087dd3.jpg

More residential development, a school and a park:

088vf2.jpg

Another school near the sea:

089jx9.jpg

With the new flora, the mesas look even better:

091il1.jpg

The highway is surrounded by trees to reduce air and noise pollution:

092js2.jpg

A view of everything that was developed:

093ht7.jpg

A pic of how the place looks with the new terrain mod:

094ts6.jpg

Next question is quite simple, what next? but this time it's going to be different. When posting your 

answer, you'll have to choose one number between 1 and 100. I already chose a number and

If you posted the number closest or same as the chosen one, you will be the one deciding what to 

do next, with an extra §70,000. 

manubeas

slogannj8.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to a new update. While you waited, the hardworking sims of Three Mesas where building a brand new highway, which was completed succesfully after 4 days (yeah thats fast) and is now ready to be used. I chose to develop as wishfulanthony said, cause he gave a lot of detail on what to do so 1/4 of the money was used for the highway, 2/4 for the development and 1/4 remained spare:

063pn5.jpg

Some roads start being built:

064ir8.jpg

The little road system is filled with commercial zones:

065ma6.jpg

An avenue is built to link with the south part of town:

066ai5.jpg

Suburbs start to invade quickly:

067dc3.jpg

A road is placed all around the mesa:

068zb8.jpg

Another exit for the highway:

069ls7.jpg

Zoning on the whole area:

070gq5.jpg

Some tall buildings being grown and also some mid rise residential:

071ra6.jpg

Schools are placed:

072if7.jpg

073qj3.jpg

A nice baseball park, surrounded by trees:

074bj7.jpg

More development:

075cj0.jpg

076zl8.jpg

The old exit is upgraded it to a bridge which crosses the hw to continue developing:

077rr0.jpg

manubeas

okay then, here's how 3 mesas is starting to develop.
The remaining mesa starts to develop on a long process:
050fs0.jpg

Some terraforming to flat the area:
051jh6.jpg

Roads are built:
052ic7.jpg

The mesa consits purely in residential zones
053ao9.jpg

The "plant a tree" program develops some forest around the mesa, to preserve the natural habitat of wild animals and to lower pollution:
054ve5.jpg

With the help of the trees, and a high local demand, the mesa starts developing in no time:
055kh7.jpg

056xn5.jpg

An overview of the three mesas :
057tw6.jpg

The next are to be developed:
058fp6.jpg

059ir8.jpg

060uz5.jpg

manubeas

Mountain Habina

slogansz2.jpg

Update 2

The name of this city is Mt. Habina.

034br1.jpg

The current population is of 32,114, and It's actually 2 cities in 1 tile (picture above). Mt Habina North and South. Let's start with Mt. Habina South, which is meant to be developed to a huge Skyline.

035jg8.jpg

A very modern hospital serves this side of Mt. Habina:

036ca9.jpg

Buildings this size are expected to grow and cover the city in less than 10 years:

037fv4.jpg

Now, with Mt. Habina North, which is the main city of Mt. Habina, with a huge amount of spectacular suburbs covering the area.

This is the National Trade Tower of the URS (TTURS):

038pe8.jpg

This is the other part of the beautiful lake which was previously seen in Bruno City:

039qa4.jpg

The Riverside Grand Plaza Hotel is located in this quiet place, with good acces to Bruno City and Three Mesas:

040tl8.jpg

041sq5.jpg

The only place of whole Mt. Habina which has acess to sea right now:

042to9.jpg

A pic which shows the difference in between the commercial zone and the suburbs:

043lg1.jpg

Modern tolls:

044so6.jpg

045ap1.jpg

sims live highly educated with schools on every single place in town:

046ja9.jpg

And as always, some stats:

048fh1.jpg    047gj9.jpg 

manubeas

3 Mesas

sloganlc7.jpg

Okay, today I'm talking about the next city, 3 Mesas. It's a beautiful city with lots of suburbs and 3 small mesas which have a beautiful view to the sea and the town. Many sims from around the globe come to visit  this beautiful city:

022uw5.jpg

These are the three mesas:

023py2.jpg

The Cinammon tunnel:

024zc8.jpg

The Ammelton park:

025ox1.jpg

This it the police station (which seems to be missing some dependencies26.gif)

026ht9.jpg

A view of the full commercial district:

027iu0.jpg

Here's a closer look of the suburbs:

028jk6.jpg

Traffic is increasing rapidly:

029ni2.jpg

The only high wealth house

030tw7.jpg

Development continues:

031uf4.jpg

And some stats:

032ga9.jpg 033mi1.jpg

manubeas

Bruno City

Hi everyone and welcome to my new cj! First of all, you may be asking yourself what the heck does "La République-Unie de la banlieue" means, well It means "The United Republic of the Suburbs"(URS).

It is right now inhabited by mainly French but there's also Portugese and Spanish people. The total population for the whole region right now is 205,622 sims, and this is the number which speak each language:

French - 86,361 - 42%

Portugese - 49,349 - 24%

Spanish - 41,124 - 20%

Other(Includes mainly german and english) - 28,788 - 14%

The temperature is quite constant throughout the year. 

Fall: 7°C - 25°C

Winter: 5°C - 18°C

Spring: 8°C - 27°C

Summer: 13°C - 27°C

The URS was founed in 1968 by Monsieur George Howard Hobloski. He is the current presiden, at his 62 years, he keeps the place well organized. The city is one of the newest in the world, so it's one of the most modern ones.

Let's start with a regional photo, were you can appreciate the amount of suburbs on it(ignore the poulation, the photo was taken a few years back):

216in0.jpg

The capital, Bruno CIty, Has a population of 144,390. It has the main skyscraper district of the region and the URS killers soccer stadium:

001mb2.jpg

A huge park in the middle of the city, brings nature and colour to the concrete jungle:

002fs2.jpg

Beautiful buildings looking over the park make the most expensive ones to live:

003dw2.jpg

Some nice medium wealth residential buildings:

004ep5.jpg

LG Electronics:

005oy1.jpg

Hazard Ave. separates high rise from low rise:

006bl0.jpg

A beautiful lake which continues on the other side of the city:

007un4.jpg

The stadium:

008td0.jpg

Suburbs:

009cz1.jpg

010uq5.jpg

Development is limited by mountains:

011oj5.jpg

The main skyscrapers of the city:

012hn8.jpg

The main hospital which carrys around 32,000 patients:

013mu1.jpg

This is a pic of the suburbs at its most busy hour, as you can see, almost nothing:

014sq6.jpg

This is positevly refelcted on the commute time:

015uq0.jpg

More suburbs, wher you can see 3 power plants:

016dc2.jpg

Development coninues:

017ny9.jpg

The garbage disposal is huge:

018hx8.jpg

The university:

019pb1.jpg

and to end the first post, more stats:

020wx0.jpg021ng9.jpg

manubeas

Replies Section

ALL of your comments will be replied here. Search for your reply in its corresponding page number.

-Page 1-

-Page 2-

-Page 3-

Evillions: Well...yeah take in count that it was my first cj update and I really hadn't have thought about it. From the 4th update onwards I already added a terrain mod

-Page 4-

-Page 5-

-Page 6-

frieko9000: Thanks! but remember polls are over for the first 20 updates

-Page 7-

-Page 8-

-Page 9-

-Page 10-

Balkair: Thanks! It already does! Remember that all these polls were already taken in count, you will be able to see the process in the next update I re-upload

rainyday: Thanks!

hjb2009: Muchas gracias! me da gusto que lo disfrutes!

frieko9000: Thanks! It already does connect, these polls are over remember hehe

-Page 11-

Oxford1313: Wow! thanks so much!

Railfan88: Thank you! I love that you like my designs! Yes, in the most populated cities (which I will post once I have time, remeber this cj was already on the forums) I have simple subway systems to keep expensures low and many bus stations. Monorail sounds as an extremely good idea! I haven't aded it because as you said, it attracts RSSS sims which will not move in to those 1x1 lots so it is not what really suits me.

-Page 12-

-Page 13-

-Page 14-

-Page 15-

-Page 16-

-Page 17-

-Page 18-

-Page 19-

-Page 20-

Here is the point table which I will be updating every once in a while

username points occupation
frieko9000 3  
Evillions 2  
balkair 1  
rainyday 1  
hjb2009 1  
oxford1313 1  
railfan88 1  
manubeas

La République-Unie de la banlieue (URS) is a cj which involves YOU, the reader onto the mayor desicions of the future of the country. The more you take interest in the CJ and the more you post, the higher the chances are of getting elected as councilor, head councilor or even vice-president of the country (all old stats have been erased and will be commenced from the top(sorry to those that were councilors!!!)).

The system for getting elected for one of these spots in the government is simple. You get different amounts of points for the 2 different types of comments, and I will post a table with the quantity of points for EACH of the readers that have commented in the "replies section" (page 2) everytime I update.

insulting comment: -1  *

Simple, constructive or pleasing comment:1 point

Voting on the poll: 5 points

There is a need of at least 20 points to take a place in the City Council, 25 for the head councilor and 35 for vice-president** and you must have a higher number of points than most of the writers.

There is only 6 places in the City Council, 1 head councilor, and 1 vice-president.

You may also act as an ally to the URS. If you would like to do any kind or deals or maybe become allies, I would be glad to cooperate, and you would take a place in the country's economic and commercial sector.

Current government occupation:

Councilors

N/A

Head Councilor

N/A

Vice-president

N/A

Trading with:

N/A

Allies with:

N/A

*I'm not saying you cannot be a critic, actually I LOVE tips and recommendations for improvement, but it's not the same to make a constructive comment than an insulting one

**To be the vice-president you must be the top commenter

Some pages you should keep cheking out are the following, as I will update them with new data constantly:

Page 2 - Replies section

Page 19 - Region shots

If I am missing information regarding the government system or if you have any doubts please post in this page1.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0