• Moose

Drury Woods

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Agricultural region with a lot of potential. I is in a broad flat valley, along the River Fane, in broad swaths of wood lands and farms. As we progress, I hope you will feel free to give the worthy folks here advice on how to develop their regions potential.

Dick Wright

Entries in this City Journal

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

raynev1

Thanks. I'm starting to add other city tiles now.

kschmidt

Thanks for the measurement formula. I used it and the runway is 10,000 feet. I think the picture in the paper did not give a good view of it's length.

slickbg56

We have sever large call centers in my area including Verizon and Comcast, which employ a lot of people. Thanks.

kelistmac

Thanks for the interest.

oDrRBn.jpg

9cTKgz.png

ZsvDY9.png

dBNPDj.png

bZtMrF.png

XqdHxt.png

rVJykH.png

Thanks for the visit - Dick

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

kschmidt

I will run power lines to the other cities, even though the have their own power sources to add to the effect. Power lines are a common and normal fixture in most city-scapes.

kingofsimcity

LOL. The pond pack has a 4x4 plop that helped some, but it did take some time. Thanks.

Takingyouthere

I haven't found a plop texture that doesn't leave the repeating rectangles. But yes, it did come out fairly well, even the spillway. Thanks.

5Nwvi2.jpg
  EiZoOj.jpg

Thanks for the visit! - Dick

rewright

Otter Creek Dam

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

kschmidt

I originally intended to just expand the town gradually but I realized the original downtown afforded very limited room for expansion, and commercial growth would end up being sprawled out over the whole region. The town needed a city center so I put it to the citizens (you folks who have been following the region) and took some of each suggestion. I will now try to slow down a bit. Thanks again for your input!

DavidDHetzel

If you do a search on the STEX you should find them, if not, let me know and I will try to track the links down. Some of the stuff has been in my files for quite a while and I am not sure exactly where I got them. Again, let me know if you have trouble finding them.

cUaGTX.jpg

VDDnml.png

Xzp5in.png

IirrsB.png

i9In2H.png

fCMNQ8.png

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

raynev1

I play a region. Folks from one city may work in another. I guess 4 gig for plug ins is not unreasonable, but it would still be quite a job  going through it and making sure needed stuff got included.

kschmidt

There were more civic items than might be obvious at first sight: schools, police and fire, health care, etc. I have added more with this update. Thanks!

DavidDHetzel

Wow, that is quite a commercial area. I will be adding some of that to other areas. Thanks for the picture!

Odainsaker

Thank you for the detailed plan for the new down town. As you can see, I used most of what you laid out, with some modifications and additions. The plan really helped! What do you think of the area so far. I want to add more detail. Thanks.

3UKw28.jpg

P8fMB1.jpg

rewright

RterB2.jpg

Replies:

Wallibuk

Thank you for stopping by!

korver

I'm happy you enjoy it.

kschmidt

Yes, the same plug in folder, which is right at 4g. I know it should be overhauled but I am not sure what the best method is for a job like that. You mentioned civic lots. Is that some out there better than the stock lots?

Thanks for the input.

YAcUFM.jpg

QsleXc.jpg