• Moose

Harinsburg

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Welcome to Harinsburg, my work in progress city since July 2016. Right now it's a bit ugly, a bit boring, but I'll be working my hardest to Build Harinsburg Beautiful (#BuildHarinsburgBeautiful     #HarinsburgSC4).

I've been playing, recording, and uploading videos of me building Harinsburg on YouTube since July, and am starting this journal to go a bit more in depth on the city.

I hope you enjoy!

Entries in this City Journal

vintagamer

L17OZIV.png

Welcome Back to Harinsburg!

I lied. I said this would be a weekly journal. I'm sorry.

On the bright side, I finally remembered to turn grid lines off!

Shameless plug alert!! Check out the corresponding build video to this journal entry!

The Mighty Cowanthe River

xCRPWLr.png

The Cowanthe River flows south through Harinsburg, cutting right by our new-and-improved downtown (more on that later).

khmzmLH.png

Every good American Midwestern city needs a river!

Downtown Harinsburg

rvEt494.png

Standing proudly in the city centre are the beginnings of a decent-size metropolis.

Any suggestions for W2W buildings that would fit this space are appreciated!

d6WDypo.png

Harinsburg au Nuit

Weltham and Weltham Heights

iGdEt9K.png

The main part of this nicer neighborhood, closer  to the highway, is now simply known as Weltham, whereas the subdivision of our more wealthy residents retains the name Weltham Heights.

t9lrQBt.png

The wealthy citizens of Harinsburg have been... elevated... in status.

Twulg88.png

^^ And now, to answer your burning question: why is it called the Cowanthe River? ^^

That's it for this week, but next week we'll be back with more (hopefully)!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my little city journal, Follow to get updates on it every week (again, maybe).

Link to the full Imgur album

I've been uploading the creation of Harinsburg in video form to YouTube for the past couple of months. Check that out here.

vintagamer

QwdZhxp.png

Welcome Back to Harinsburg!

Harinsburg is back and looking better than ever!

i8vKcmd.png

The crowning jewel of Weltham, its local Walmart.

QwdZhxp.png

The popular restaurants of Weltham now include KFC and Dunkin' Donuts, trading parking for parks.

CeJYOzt.png

Sandwiched between Weltham's commercial districts is a growing community of row houses... and that annoying 2-Story House.

1YjwCx4.png

Weltham is expanding so rapidly that land developers are becoming lazy, and slipping back into using the grid for street layouts!

c1Ycrnd.png

Weltham Elementary has been re-relocated and upgraded.

FFMbGpR.png

Weltham Heights is an exclusive community reserved strictly for Harinsburg's elite.

9J3KyDA.pngYQVqKsI.png

The Downtown Tenements, or--as I affectionately call them--the slums, have more than tripled the population of no-longer-humble Harinsburg, from just over 6,000 to more than 20,000.

J4uM8eD.png

The Grange District now sports a toll booth guarding its entrance, encouraging commuters to use Harinsburg's magnificent mass transit system.

That's it for this week, but next week we'll be back with more!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my little city journal, Follow to get updates on it every week.

Link to the full Imgur album

I've been uploading the creation of Harinsburg in video form to YouTube for the past couple of months. Check that out here.

vintagamer

Welcome Back to Harinsburg!

Quite a bit has changed in the rapidly-growing neighborhood of Weltham.

ezPTohr.png

Weltham's just a bit different from the last time we saw it. And by that, I mean a lot.

(Check out my overview of Weltham in last week's post to get an idea)

20OY69P.png

Gone is the beloved Weltham Loop. In it's place, Weltham Avenue gives us acces to Harinsburg SR 1.

52Gfgok.png

Friendly's and Chick-fil-A, two of my favorite restaurants.

VRpUora.png

A new commercial area off Rose Boulevard has sprouted between downtown and the suburbs.

UgLFsh1.pngTT0cokq.pngaX3z08G.pngoDpXgiG.png

The hub of Weltham: the suburbs.

GD1urYr.png

Weltham Elementary and the surrounding fields have been relocated.

1fqVFXe.pngu1r9i39.png6J5ozkk.png

I had to make some interesting temporary fixes to solve some of our economic issues, but it's working well nonetheless.

Check out the full Imgur album here.

I've been uploading the creation of Harinsburg in video form to YouTube for the past couple of months. Check that out here.

Thanks for checking out my humble Harinsburg! There'll be update posts coming out at least every month.

Hey, could someone give me tips on how to embed videos in these posts?

-VintaGamer

vintagamer

Welcome to Harinsburg!

This is my first entry, so I want to tell you a few things about myself:

1. I've played SimCity 4 for the past 7 years.
  2. I haven't played SC4 with mods until just this past year.
  3. I am by no means a good designer, so cut me a little slack when my cities look terrible :)

OK, with that through, let's see what we have to work with. I've been working on Harinsburg for about 1 hour every other week since the beginning of July, and this is how far I've gotten:

lg0xghw.jpg

Yeah, so not very far. We can work with it, I think. Let's take a tour of each "neighborhood."

Downtown Harinsburg

1F2VDOT.jpg

Welcome to downtown Harinsburg, which currently house the majority of our city's population and employment. In the future this area will become a major commercial center.

FHZ44jb.jpg

Our extensive train network runs all over Harinsburg and is constantly being expanded,

DL4HnX4.jpg

The heart of Harinsburg, at the crossing of Burg Ave and 1st.

5IKUkQf.jpg

Unemployment is a bit of an issue here in Harinsburg, but nothing to get too concerned about, I assure you.

Weltham Heights

MGD8hIa.jpg

Weltham Heights is a fantastic new development housing most of our R$$ citizens. Right outside the city center, residents have easy access to the future Hub of Harinsburg.

z1E4ePX.jpg

Harold H. Weltham Elementary, with the Mary G. Weltham Soccer and Softball Fields in the background.

5ql0zDX.jpg

Weltham Heights inhabitants currently commute to the city center on the Weltham Loop, (the one-way road), but the first stages of Harinsburg SR 1 are almost complete, offtering speedier transport.

f0x6bBE.jpg

The Weltham Loop

The Grange District

9O2WpIF.jpg

Ah, Grange. The dreariest, tiniest, and most temporary of my neighborhoods. It has industry. Really ugly industry.

VwiS3P3.jpg

A crossing of railroad and Harinsburg SR 1.

yYC9kEL.jpg

SR 1 Cuts between Downtown Harinsburg and Grange District.

Check out the full Imgur album here.

Thanks for checking out my humble Harinsburg! There'll be update posts coming out at least every month.