• Moose

New Wormrise

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

New Wormrise

New Wormrise is a new and upcoming city, we could go into the details and the history of New Wormrise but Professor Goose from the New Wormrise historical society can explain it better. If you aren't too interested in the history of New Wormrise feel free to skip through this next section. There will however be plenty of references to the history.

20160807190245_1.thumb.jpg.990cc20400416

Pictured Above: New Wormrise Historical Society 

A Foreword and the history of Wormrise by Professor Goose (Played by Goose Overlord);

57a707a9af951_professorgoose.jpg.ade0572

Greetings! I am professor goose of the New Wormrise Historical Society. Now i know what you are thinking, its not very normal to be in a civilisation of particular animals, but allow me to explain by reading a passage from my favourite historical book; War and Geese.

"Anserland; A country of Geese and War, where only the strong and hardy thrive - But one day, something very peculiar happened. Through the earth, in a small village, a great whole erupted, and through it came many Worms. But these were no ordinary worms, they were builders, architects, engineers, and loyal citizens. Because of their docile nature and eagerness, they were given the deed for the lands around the hole, and it was there they thrived. Over the years, the Worms built up the most efficient and productive city in all of Anserland, called ‘The Wormhole’ but one day, it all came to ruin.  Anserland was invaded by Ducks and Pigeons, who were retaliating because of previous wars and failed diplomacy. They formed the United Birds Liberation Force (UBLF). The UBLF began bombing Geese cities, which eventually resulted in the destruction of the Wormhole. While geese forces were keeping the UBLF at bay, The Wormhole was rebuilt and renamed ‘Wormrise’. But the Geese’s valiant efforts were not enough, and the UBLF took over a section of the Geese’s territory, sadly, this was the location of Wormrise. Worm refugees fled to Geese occupied territory. The geese, in desperation of housing for citizens, knew about the vast abilities of worms, and gave them a large plot of land to create a new city on. They named this ‘New Wormrise’" 

Alas, many things have changed since then, such as the worms. It appears they have completely disappeared from New Wormrise, some say they returned through the sinkhole from which they came, some say they have simply moved on to continue building else where, some even say they have all died due to a great disease. Whatever the reason, they no longer reside in New Wormrise. The wars still continue, even if they are much more mild than the old days. We have built a much more civilian society here, so we no longer worry about the wars as we used to. In fact some say a revolution is rising against the militarist Goose Government. Anyway, i shouldn't bother you about our problems, you are here to see the sights of this great city, so i wont keep you any longer. This is a new, modern and innovative city no longer bothered by the depression of war. Enjoy your stay in New Wormrise! I'll be joining you later to show you around.

Lets meet the team behind the scenes...

First, we have Snaps Gooseman, our resident photographer. If you see a shot on the ground, it will be Snaps's work.57a72792b58ae_photogoos.thumb.jpg.40d6f1

Next up, we have Soars Honksford, our eye in the sky photographer. Soars's speciality is the birds-eye shot.57a72798671f6_pilogoos.thumb.jpg.75477e1

Entries in this City Journal

Dr_Meerkat1

Wrigglestown Pt.1

Wrigglestown is the suburban centre of New Wormrise. Not the most exciting area to start on, but it still has its good qualities to it.

20160807212031_1.thumb.jpg.bae09e6dbee55

A view of the urban landscape typical to Wrigglestown.

20160807211358_1.thumb.jpg.da6c0db9b7f97

Some of the high class homes typical to Wrigglestown.

20160807210659_1.thumb.jpg.2db2e3361c72a

The Wrigglestown off-ramp used to be the busiest stretch of road in all of New Wormrise. Industrial freight no longer travels through here.

20160807211939_1.thumb.jpg.e098cdbc0a5f9

The Wrigglestown exchange is still a hub of activity.

20160807210727_1.thumb.jpg.5840459433429

A pedestrian bridge connecting the eastern suburbs of Wrigglestown to the commercial district at the centre of Wrigglestown.

20160807211041_1.thumb.jpg.489c824091f74

Wrigglestown commercial.

20160807211312_1.thumb.jpg.740903fb5fd51

The Wrigglestown mall, at the direct centre of Wrigglestown.

20160807211134_1.thumb.jpg.dbff44c7ef5cf 

An inner-city bus stop at the Wrigglestown mall.

20160807211203_1.thumb.jpg.bda8a4bab0870

A park at the rear of Wrigglestown mall connects to the west suburbs of Wrigglestown.

20160807211910_1.thumb.jpg.4cfa98303f9cd

The railway separating central Wriggles town from west Wrigglestown. West Wrigglestown was once the industrial centre of New Wormrise but is now re purposed as suburbs.

20160807211742_1.thumb.jpg.7a3263c8ccfd9

Wrigglestown main road/highway. The city can be seen in the distance.

20160807212206_1.thumb.jpg.ac625e2e7af96

A  train pulls into the Wrigglestown station.

20160807124738_1.thumb.jpg.ba4a4d67462b8

A high speed inner-city train flies through occasionally.

20160807211553_1.thumb.jpg.8345022f21458

More to come for Wrigglestown later on.

Dr_Meerkat1

New Wormrise is a new and upcoming city, we could go into the details and the history of New Wormrise but Professor Goose from the New Wormrise historical society can explain it better. If you aren't too interested in the history of New Wormrise feel free to skip through this next section. There will however be plenty of references to the history.

20160807190245_1.thumb.jpg.990cc20400416

Pictured Above: New Wormrise Historical Society 

A Foreword and the history of Wormrise by Professor Goose (Played by Goose Overlord);

57a707a9af951_professorgoose.jpg.ade0572

Greetings! I am professor goose of the New Wormrise Historical Society. Now i know what you are thinking, its not very normal to be in a civilisation of particular animals, but allow me to explain by reading a passage from my favourite historical book; War and Geese.

"Anserland; A country of Geese and War, where only the strong and hardy thrive - But one day, something very peculiar happened. Through the earth, in a small village, a great whole erupted, and through it came many Worms. But these were no ordinary worms, they were builders, architects, engineers, and loyal citizens. Because of their docile nature and eagerness, they were given the deed for the lands around the hole, and it was there they thrived. Over the years, the Worms built up the most efficient and productive city in all of Anserland, called ‘The Wormhole’ but one day, it all came to ruin.  Anserland was invaded by Ducks and Pigeons, who were retaliating because of previous wars and failed diplomacy. They formed the United Birds Liberation Force (UBLF). The UBLF began bombing Geese cities, which eventually resulted in the destruction of the Wormhole. While geese forces were keeping the UBLF at bay, The Wormhole was rebuilt and renamed ‘Wormrise’. But the Geese’s valiant efforts were not enough, and the UBLF took over a section of the Geese’s territory, sadly, this was the location of Wormrise. Worm refugees fled to Geese occupied territory. The geese, in desperation of housing for citizens, knew about the vast abilities of worms, and gave them a large plot of land to create a new city on. They named this ‘New Wormrise’" 

Alas, many things have changed since then, such as the worms. It appears they have completely disappeared from New Wormrise, some say they returned through the sinkhole from which they came, some say they have simply moved on to continue building else where, some even say they have all died due to a great disease. Whatever the reason, they no longer reside in New Wormrise. The wars still continue, even if they are much more mild than the old days. We have built a much more civilian society here, so we no longer worry about the wars as we used to. In fact some say a revolution is rising against the militarist Goose Government. Anyway, i shouldn't bother you about our problems, you are here to see the sights of this great city, so i wont keep you any longer. This is a new, modern and innovative city no longer bothered by the depression of war. Enjoy your stay in New Wormrise! I'll be joining you later to show you around.

Lets meet the team behind the scenes...

First, we have Snaps Gooseman, our resident photographer. If you see a shot on the ground, it will be Snaps's work.57a72792b58ae_photogoos.thumb.jpg.40d6f1

Next up, we have Soars Honksford, our eye in the sky photographer. Soars's speciality is the birds-eye shot.57a72798671f6_pilogoos.thumb.jpg.75477e1