Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Entries in this City Journal

icantthinkofaname

Sorry for Part 2 taking so long. I had to go out to exotic west Fort Worth (a.k.a. the edge of civilization) to see family and friends for a few days, and there was no computer access.

Now then, Miller Heights is a northern suburb of Verona, with a population of about 21,900 sims.57900a760f35b_Screenshot(44).thumb.png.d

It's a city with something for almost everyone. You have the large office districts with over 8,000 jobs with the one west of the interstate, and over 10,000 with downtown on the east. The tallest building in the city is the Wells Fargo Plaza, which, oddly is outside of downtown. It stands at exactly 300 feet tall rising 24 stories above the SimPlanet.Untitled.thumb.png.893cd9e708499d40dd4bc

Yes, I'm aware this picture collage looks like it was made in MS Paint, and it was actually. I know it's not the best quality, but it's the best I can do for right now.

Anyway, the first picture (top left) shows the luxury Westfield Estates neighborhood next to the not-so-luxury Miller Heights Consolidated School. The City Council is deciding whether to demolish it and put another school in place or not. The people living along Richland Parkway (bottom of pic) and Williams Avenue (right side of pic) often complain of traffic but the city refuses to do anything about it, citing that houses are already there and putting sound walls would force the houses along Richland and Williams to be demolished. The city also reports that these houses were built before the main roads became so busy.

The second picture shows most of downtown Miller Heights, with some of Lamar Avenue Tower (the white tower at the top of the pic) and another small office building cut out.

Downtown Miller Heights is a large hub for corporation headquarters unlike Downtown Verona which mostly houses branches of large bank corporations.

It is home to RLS Development Inc., Tsang Accountants, Arvis Insurance, and a couple of other video game and computer corporations.

The third picture (bottom left) shows where the city started, the Highland Park subdivision. It offers houses for everyone, no matter if they're poor, middle class, or filthy rich. It's the perfect neighborhood for everyone of all ages.

The fourth and final picture today shows "Consumer Center" and the apartments just south of Downtown surrounding Consumer Center.

Consumer Center is the main shopping area in Miller Heights, where everyone gets their groceries in town. Consumer Center is home to the local BJ' warehouse and Food Lion as well as a Piggly Wiggly, Mill's Fleet Farm, a Verizon Wireless Store, and NorthPoint Mall, where all the CoOl aNd HiP kIdS gO tO.

That's all I have for today, but Part 3 will be out soon. See you next time!

Screenshot (44).png

Untitled.png

icantthinkofaname

Well, let me start of with an update about Northland: I'm stuck on it.

It's not very good looking right now and I just will probably need more time to get a new update out about it.

Moving on to Westland though...

Here is a region view of it (before I started developing it) with the counties outlined.57858f39be9f8_Screenshot(25).thumb.png.b

There is also a small island just off of the coast that cant be seen in this picture, but is considered to be part of Willowbrook County. Also, keep in mind that the terrain is subject to change sometime soon.

Now to the city of Verona, population 57,500

578590933389b_Screenshot(38).thumb.png.5

It is still a work in progress and this is just Downtown. The suburbs are getting pretty big.578590fdba337_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.d

Here is the Interstate 64 and West Central Expressway interchange, just east of downtown. You can also see some low wealth apartments in the bottom right corner.

That's all I have for right now but I will have a new update shortly about a small suburb just north of here.

Thanks for viewing this!

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (38).png

Screenshot (28).png

Sign in to follow this