• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Recently I´ve started playing Cities Skylines again, with all addons and lots of mods and assets. It makes a lot of fun but I am still fighting with problems. Instead of a portrait of one town, this journal will show all my progress with this game, a decision, I´ve made when I saw the huge number of CJ´s in this section, that were not updated after a few chapters. I can understand if people are sad loosing their work caused by updates or using bad modded assets, and also C:SL is not made to build huge regions. Nonetheless as a reader I like to see some continuity in what someone is doing.

I may be slow with updates - my time to play Cities Skylines is limited by other interests like SC4 and other games as well. But I will come back sooner or later, as this game has taken a shine to me.

Entries in this City Journal

eufl

Nice Buildings II

Hello again!

First replies:

@nRVOUS,

thank you! And I hope, that I can answer your question with this update. :)

@v701,

thank you too!

Although I had something different in mind, I come with another bunch of pitures made during a pedestrian walk. After my last update nRVOUS asked me, what kind of building set I use. And I hope, I can explain my way of planning and "growing" a city.

I think, it´s obvious, that you will need the themes mod and the one to fix the level of your buildings (don´t know the name right now). And I have to admit, that I started it this way, cause I simply wasn´t able to load downloaded themes... :D

Most important: the whole town has an empty theme - no buildings, no chance to grow. This prevents a quarter from growing anything from alone.

Then I started making themes for the different types of quarters. I use the search list with the pictures to look for matching buildings for a theme. In my case there is a "US-rowhouses" Set, that includes all residentials, commercials, and industrials, that match this theme. Another one only holds modern commercials, one is made for rural areas, two others hold different kinds of suburb houses, and so on.

As soon as a house is grown, I  fix the wanted level of the building. Sometimes I forget one, but this may bring in some more diversity. If a building is grown too often, I delete it from the theme. For example I have a 2x2 commercial corner, that don´t like to grow at corners. So I stopped the growing and copy the building using the eyedropper tool to the places I want to see it. The grown ones then can be deleted. This level fixing also prevents houses from becoming destroyed if you change a theme by mistake.

At least I´ve made a what I call "breeding station". That one is only to grow buildings, that won´t grow inside a theme. Here I use an empty theme, where I fill in only the wanted building. Then I make a small temporary quarter inside an existing one, and put in this breeding theme. For example:

Feindbild´s 3x3 lvl 5 residential corner. There is no matching lower level building, no corner. So I´ve searched for lvl 4, 3x3 in the themse mod, looked for the one, that would be able to grow the Feindbuild house, and so on until I´ve reached lvl 1. This may sound like a lot of work but it´s faster done than written. And after you did this a few times, you´ll know your buildings better, that´s for sure. To grow such buildings you can often use buildings with bigger lotsizes. So I grow my 2x4 commercials with 4x4 ones. Only important is: can a particular building level up into the wanted one. Once grown and copied to a matching place, the one in the breeding stationcan be deleted, and the breeding quarter can became part of it´s old quarter again.

I hope, this explains what I do. It is very useful to have a lot of themes made in this way, so you can switch or mix and match them temporarily like needed. Small but many quarters will help also.

But now pictures:

1-Tourist quarter at the harbor:

fefcg4c8.jpg

2:

56vjsf2f.jpg

3:

svt5dsht.jpg

4:

zz8x42dz.jpg

5 - not often - a wrecked car at a corner:

w32k5ixn.jpg

6 - a creepy hospital:

rt72gpwd.jpg

7:

ebbx8ybv.jpg

8 - love the lights:

alp99xsl.jpg

9:

b3qs98av.jpg

10:

t28c5atj.jpg

11:

g6n98csn.jpg

12:

945el3pl.jpg

13:

trnza4j6.jpg

14:

gg3t77pb.jpg

15:

bxt8u7w4.jpg

16:

7gpmt3hl.jpg

17:

46j25cgr.jpg

18:

sh4jbtra.jpg

19:

maljw28c.jpg

20:

wabju9ph.jpg

21:

aua6rolx.jpg

22 crazy picture...:

idtk4qbp.jpg

23:

4nsipql5.jpg

24:

rci2s98m.jpg

25:

9e4jfpyr.jpg

26 the fortunately grown essemble...:

scmhqahb.jpg

27 - ...looks realistic:

x8a4k9mp.jpg

28:

yefs3htw.jpg

29:

I hope you like it, cheers, Carl

eufl

Nice Buildings

Hello again!

@v701,thank you! There will come a lot of pictures today, and the next update is nearly finished. :yes:

At the moment I spend all free time for this game, pure addiction, and although the town is mismanaged and alive only by the endless money cheat, I did a lot in the last days. One reason for my problem was indeed the education level, it was much too high. II changed a lot of policies in different quarters, and it helped. I was able to shrink the general unemployment from 30% to 15%. This step was opened by a mod, that I found on steam, that gives you detailed informations about the employment of your citizens. And while 100% of the uneducated and educated worked anywhere, there were no jobs for better educated people. Sadly there also was no demand for offices, and so I plopped a lot of them townwide. This worked like expected, and after a while the demand for offices also raised.

This gave me the ability to grow more office buildings, really nice ones but mostly scaled too small. If there weren´t RICO...

Another phenomenon was, that I have buildings in high levels, that won´t grow. There is a wonderful 3x3 made by Feindbild, and some 4x4 Lvl 4 and 5 buldings, that needed a "breeding" station. I made a small quarter, where I grow all this stuff. Luckily with the Themes Mod it is possible to grow them in very little time. So I was able to plant them at the locations I want to see them.  And I am so happy about this, that I thought I should make a special with not grown buildings.

In general there is a discussion, if buildings should grow or be plopped. I use both methods, and plopping isn´t easier - see my big financial desaster. Meanwhile I plop buildings a lot, not only RICO but with the eyedropper tool as well. I love to have the ability to plan some corners like around the opera. For example the biggest residential highrise did grow at the most wrong place, and now it is erected at the main street, where it looks much better (although still very oversized). Seen from pedestrian perspective the building matches perfectly in the row but from above it needs getting used to the view.

Enough talk, you want to see pictures. And although the today´s update is merely a hommage to some creators here, first comes an oversight of the town, it is not really up to date but it does the job:

sqyztrqj.jpg

I will start with one of the buildings, that did grow at the wrong place. This residential tower needed a single place, not in a row. I searched a lot for the best spot, and I here I found it:

r6udhqnl.jpg

v33z23oi.jpg

The next is the 3x3 residential mentioned above. A simply wonderful building in a very appreciated size:

d36mdq69.jpg

la444sva.jpg

And the highest residential (the brown one in the middle):

h3dysn72.jpg

Here is a nice new corner building, W2W on the left side, and the other one is open. To fill the gap to the next rowhouses I used the "most ugly" building I have, a small four story building. You can see it very often in my pictures, and I only a miss a mirrored version:

dudyqs49.jpg

And another one:

fwjg3vkt.jpg

Two new modern corners I like:

sqc37fxe.jpg

578p8xk2.jpg

psigi5o2.jpg

Here is another one, that needed a matching neighbor, cause it likes to stay alone:

k8wwa75v.jpg

5jxi84ln.jpg

9gkjbfny.jpg

The Manhasset (meanwhile also grown in the small version):

mgzvc5x5.jpg

The whole situation:

pcw8hq4g.jpg

And a hard to grow one at the next crossing:

wf9hucxv.jpg

Some higher level residentials:

bpkcwung.jpg

fbdv5nct.jpg

A nice new tower:

8ygjhbnh.jpg

Not finished - an industrial complex and an gardening center in the back:

jiup4kmr.jpg

This modern building did grow, the Hard Rock Cafe on the right is a RICOfied one:

aewpy56c.jpg

Some higher level commercials at - commerce street. They did grow near the airport, and I planted them here again:

xgvaitto.jpg

Parking Space under the freeway:

jd9ohy6t.jpg

And a very useful rubbish collector, that looks like a underground garage:

sm8mqh2d.jpg

A not rectangular corner:

cpe5cgob.jpg

The neighboring buildings are semi detached and needed some space, here I could place them as twins:

gdn9bgfr.jpg

Now two examples for really nice growing. The first one shows a underscaled building to the left, but here, in a row with the modern office it looks perfect:

ftzgk6sq.jpg

Here the same, the modern building seems to be made for this situation:

zan557fp.jpg

And another underscaled:

4fy5iaxx.jpg

The last one is here only cause I like the lightning:

cywkdjpy.jpg

eufl

Another Perspective

Heya!

Goblinton seems to be worth a visit, if I count the views. But as nice as it is to see so many people lurking in here, it would be awesome to hear your opinions, thoughts, hints, or tips. Maybe someone should have cried out: "Don´t develop too much!"

Indeed, this would have been a good tip, cause my town died two day ago. I did a lot of mistakes while planning the town, for example too much schools, what caused high educated people to work on farm fields instead of offices. I always wondered about the lack of demand for offices, although 70 percent of the citizens of Goblinton are academics. The last stab was my decision to demolish a farm area near the town, that I wanted to change into a town quarter with industry and such. While starting it I realized, that all quarters of my map used the "education boost" flag. And also I saw my budget going down, first slowly but soon I had a weekly minus of about 40 000 gold? Dollar? Euro?

But luckily we C:SL players can use this endless money cheat. Keynesianism in a game, and well, it works. I can invest money in infrastructure and RICO, and while I don´t have a real diversity of commercial growables, the RICO malls and buildings now help to satisfy the commercial demand, that is unbelievable high. Another very positive aspect of playing with this cheat is, that I can try out how to place buildings. That is very useful, cause I can´t plan before I build. For example a bridge may be build ten times before I am happy with the result, the right slopes, the right height, and such things. A very expensive fun...

So the cheat gave me the ability to overwork the whole map. I built a hydroelectric dam, I worked on the road layout in the countryside, started rebuilding the railway on the whole map in a more realistic way (without slopes if possible), then the map needs some terraforming work, and some of it is done now: Last but not least I rebuilt the whole agricultural sector, started some bigger development in three new quarters, including a soccer stadium, and did some finetuning of several areas like the commerce street, or the quarter near the airport.

And slowly my budget is raising again. I really hope, that I can return to a solid state soon again.

BUT - today I show you a bunch of pictures, that were shot during a pedestrian walk in Goblinton. I often use this feature to control my planning as usually one would look from this perspective to a town.

1:

jxg4hate.jpg

2:

lst4hmss.jpg

3:

3yrn6i9n.jpg

4:

de2u3xgo.jpg

5:

skymtf3t.jpg

6:

o8aogdof.jpg

7:

j5d4zcsd.jpg

8:

bmalvkeq.jpg

9:

54n6bjxt.jpg

10:

yjj5ghrk.jpg

11:

tbue3kth.jpg

12:

jhsmhgjz.jpg

13:

rem6cltq.jpg

14:

ac58xidu.jpg

15:

nu6v9ly3.jpg

16:

u8lby3lo.jpg

17:

b68khuys.jpg

18:

2gh3fdm3.jpg

19:

3wk2dsco.jpg

20:

oa9nwc4p.jpg

21:

v7p5ick2.jpg

22:

2hc74yls.jpg

23:

9dba8v8j.jpg

24:

nb3u9qxi.jpg

25:
l5upruuq.jpg

26:
abnacwep.jpg

27, a historical view, as the depot got demolished in between:

lifqtk6v.jpg

I hope, you like it, feel free to comment, I appreciate it. Cheers, Carl

eufl

Goblinton´s Growing

Heya!

Since my last update many things changed in Goblinton. But like always, replies first:

@Themistokles,

Thanks for your nice comment! I don´t think, that the essence of a town is to find in it´s transportation system, although I definately like to plan lines. First of all, and without any discussion about the why, a town is a place to bring people together. And the needs of these people are the needs of a town. So there is always a bunch of them, and the most important in my view is giving people a home. Then it´s followed by workplaces and - to bring a town to life - with education in any way.

@Oleonardo,

thank you too! It´s a good advice to show my transportation system more detailed, I do a first step today.

So let´s start with an overview of the town again but this time it´s a public transport view ( I need some experience with ink draw first to show a selfmade map). I have 15 tram lines, 15 bus lines and 6 tube lines in the city. Some of them work with only a minimum of cars, and where lines join, trains come more often, so especially in the downtown area you have short waiting times. The tube lines were built in a long time, and so you can see unused tunnels of old parts of lines. And sometimes these old tunnels can become part of new lines. The biggest impact here was, when I found two story stations on the workshop, as they really helped to connect lines. Three lines meet at Town Hall Square, three at the main train station:

jqlqon8w.jpg

A detail shot of the downtown area and lines:

yu2ojmt8.jpg

And if you reach the town via freeway, it now looks like this:

esdlro68.jpg

And here I left the freeway, on the right side the well known "Hotel Monaco":

qjn94w9e.jpg

The hotel is situated at the crossing of Main street and Commerce street, the most busy crossing in town. Here at night and with rainy weather:

sx64xh8e.jpg

Another nightshot:

qxsiv4mt.jpg

View to the downtown:

jhv4fpiz.jpg

Town Hall Plaza:

cya9642w.jpg

Shot from a roof:

knwrsjt3.jpg

The Chicago Motor Club, one of the buildings, that needed some kind of breeding to find a way into my town:

dezu5hf5.jpg

Another nice view:

dgq6nzuy.jpg

And the last one shows the tourist quarter at the ferry station:

95524d4k.jpg

I hope, you´ll enjoy! Cheers, Carl

eufl

Nice! I mean it seams, that some people look into here. I have still no clue, what you´re after but I´ll do my best to feed an unidentified hunger. What do you like if looking to this town? Is there anything, you want to know more about? Tell me, what you think!

Reply:

@Jimbobbedyjobob,

thank you, I hope, I could help you out!

Today I have only a few pictures, but there are some nice train shots, I´ve made. And here, in this game, I really love to shoot pictures at night. So I detected, that I forgot a lot of lanterns in parks, and I had a long session with planting lamps (and benches) everywhere. It´s still not finished, as a town of this size needs attention everywhere at the same time, but a few parks are done. Another part I wanted to change, was the quarter around the Museum Of Natural Sciences and the surrounding buildings of the matching university institutes. And cause most of this corner of the town was completely undeveloped, I could do both things in one row. There is a new quarter with - again - semi detached houses, and three other quarters had to grow into the green. I also finished the riverbanks here, and planted hundreds of trees.

This, btw, I do in an old fashioned way - tree by tree, and never with a brush. I have some favorites, I start with, then I fill up with different others, and in the end I decorate with CO trees in different sizes. Eventually I start to decorate the free space with grass, flowers and stuff. But until now I finished only a few places. 

Again I start with an overview at night. On the left side is the new part:

x2ynqmex.jpg

And well, here are old GM buses on a short line:

3plrw9m5.jpg

An overview of the new part:

no9taop2.jpg

The next two pictures show a new crossing the second with incoming train. I would love to have some kind of suspension for this bridge but there is nothing I can use for. On the other hand - a modern concrete bridge would be able to span over the crossing without any pillars. So I´ve decided to let it stay this way:

1, view to the museum:

s3kk5bjl.jpg

2:

xrpyglpr.jpg

And three pictures with trains. Some models are simply fantastic!

1:

cul3k2vb.jpg

2:

f2lgne5w.jpg

3:

o3wae4md.jpg

Some night shots:

1:

kl74fetu.jpg

2:

3a4cpxpz.jpg

3:

kpxyvhsd.jpg

eufl

Some Problems Solved

Heya!

I am back with a new update. But first a reply:

@Airplane09

Thanks a lot for your comment! And well, the Solaris buses and Flexitrams are easy to explain. I have the old GM bus, the Flyer, the PeterWitt car, and the CLRV. But all of them are much too small and also very expensive. I´ve looked to different US towns with modern street cars and found - low floor trams. Although I really dislike modern design, I had to decide for the best matching gear, and luckily here I have two different buses and two trams of different length. There is one bus route with old GM´s, and I am still planning a museum-line with CLRV. But currently I am busy with building.

The news:

First  (I think, it´s time for) an overview at night:

a2gtaj7p.jpg

My last steps were: shaping the waterfront and building the different harbors, wich led to some great floods, and last but not least I´ve changed some parts of the town, that looked too modern to me. The biggest helper here is the building theme mod. Sometimes I give only two buildings in a theme, so a neighborhood can look exactly like I want it.

Meanwhile I have a stable population around 100 000, and although I lost a lot of money while I built the harbor area, it was easy to get a nice cashflow back afterwards. The ferries and the tourist quarter, the "old" fisher´s harbor now as nightlife centrum, the goods harbor - all of this helped to earn money again, and now everything seems pretty nice.

Pictures of the harbor area (all work in Progress):

1 Overview new suburb with only semi detached houses:

xb33dxgw.jpg

2:

7dc5eodi.jpg

3 Suburb Loop:

6e9hzl8u.jpg

4:

9ft64vs6.jpg

5 Old Fisher´s Harbor:

yxbzmz2x.jpg

6  Old Fisher´s Harbor 2:

d6yzsgki.jpg

7 Ferry Harbor and Hotels:

w7k34jx6.jpg

8 Coal harbor, unfinished:

ql97a49u.jpg

9 Old tracks:

c2tepzni.jpg

10 Goods Harbor:

49r2bxap.jpg

Another problem was caused by the waterpumps. Four of them were too much for the river, so the water from the sea did flow into the riverbed to the pumps, and eventually the flow of the river simply changed it´s direction. I had to build a dam near the sea to stop this, waited for the pumps emptying the riverbed, then I rebuilt the pumps at the sea, so the water could refill the riverbed. Eventually I´ve destroyed the dams, when the river reached the sea, and everything ended perfect without any flooding. Only I need to rebuild the quais, they should look better.

11 The flood:

bwhn785j.jpg

So I could say, that I should be happy with Goblinton, but I´m not. I dislike my plugins folder, it´s a mess and it causes problems, and for a new town I would reorganize everything here. Also I have some ideas, how a map for my town should look like, and I was playing in the editor for a while. But still... Let´s say, I´m lazy, and as long, as I can try things out here, Goblinton has a good chance to exist furthermore.

And for now I have a bunch of pictures, I really like.

Some overviews:

12: View to the harbor:

4z5n4z5f.jpg

13:

dwl92kmk.jpg

14 The still unfinished goods station:

r9gggntt.jpg

15 Here I replaced all houses by semi detached ones. it should look like an old quarter, now it does:

lem4fwbv.jpg

Some pictures of different places:

16 A very nice new hospital, this kind of modern architecture is something I like to see:

jejyspd3.jpg

17 The airport, now  with only one runway, looks much more realistic but needs more details:

n7cmhnom.jpg

18 An Amtrak is leaving Goblinton:

yphawkx6.jpg

19 A crossing at night:

y6a7bw7f.jpg

20 I like this perspective:

8963vcn8.jpg

21 Tram and walkway:

mpkwgchf.jpg

22 Unused Loop:

3uahxttb.jpg

23 Worker´s quarter:

f3x8dpr4.jpg

24 This small hamlet is called Virgo:

xxu8jvls.jpg

Back to the town, another overview and some pictures of the downtown area:

25 Overview:

ppemtpq6.jpg

26 The main fire department:

4ueyimw5.jpg

27 Town Hall and new, big tube station with three lines:

69yymbyn.jpg

28:

x9hvj3bh.jpg

29:

27pivce5.jpg

30:

mx4qpzpi.jpg

31:

xqu2oh8z.jpg

32 Streetview (people waiting for the tram):

8uhiomfx.jpg

33 Streetview

3ggfmhfw.jpg

I hope you like it. Feel free to comment, I appreciate every single one. Cheers, Carl!

eufl

Today I will show some pictures of the current status.

But first a reply:

@sucram17,

thanks for the kind words! I hope you´ll like this entry too.

The town is growing steadily. I have no clue, why I have still no demand for industry but people want to live in Goblinton though. And I am still only zoning for small housing, so the town needs much place. A few very helpful mods here are the themes mod and one for stopping the level up of  buildings. I made one small mistake, and everywhere in the whole town small level 5 suburbian buildings popped up. I forgot to mark the lost ones as not leveling buildings... In the end I had to go back several hours of playing, and mark every single building in the town, - the most boring "work" I had to do until now. And also I divided the town from 1 into 12 districts to avoid such big problems. A minor mistake now can never again reach the whole town.

I didn´t change the building style in general though. I like the look of the now mostly two story buidlings, the long streets and the "boring" attidtude of early suburbs. Feindbild modded his buildings very clever, there is a 1x2 in two variations, I used the first level for the wider worker streets, the next stage changes only the position of the building, so that it is in one row with the rest of the set.

The newly built airport also should represent an old one, and this building may look like something, that was changed and renovated in parts from then to now. The surrounding streets look like from the 1930´s, only flat buildings, an uglified part of the town, and still work in progress.

Another part of the town is a suburb for the upperclass. Better schools, more green space, and fancy family homes. Here is, where horror movies may start...

And to avoid any problems with pictures again, I decided to use direct upload for pictures again. I hope, this works. They also should be visible in full size by clicking on them.

I start with a picture in the middle of the night, the first boxcars arrived at the main goods station:

4y6bidvs.jpg

Later an Amtrak reaches Goblinton Station:

u9tylsej.jpg

A crossing on main street:

ijo8tblq.jpg

The airport:

e3zynkys.jpg

Some 3 story houses:

9fokwj5v.jpg

A crossing:

5ha9sy5a.jpg

A typical workers street:

5oqx9r7l.jpg

Main Street again near downtown:

dbmtvraq.jpg

Main Street, another one:

lmnfwsmv.jpg

Commerce Street:

zvcls5x3.jpg

And now for something completely different, here the better housing starts:

99oucgnw.jpg

Here it ends:

nkqusob8.jpg

So pretty:

al3no9va.jpg

public services:

k87wbl6p.jpg

Opposite side:

bhedk5kl.jpg

That is all for today. I hope, you like it!

eufl

This time I try something new, hope, it works to get rid of doubled pictures again.

But first replies:

@michae95l

thanks for the nice comment again! But you really should have a look to Feindbild´s buildings collection on Steam. I didn´t make the models, and I never would be able to build a town like that without these.

@Airplane09

thanks, and I hope I could help you.

@Themistokles

Thank you! I mean, I know, who says this...

And indeed, it maybe not inspired by Nuremberg, but I can´t hide my origin (in this case Frankfurt). And I am still comparing C:SL with SC4. I mean, there was nothing else before, - nothing really serious. But I´ve looked to some CJ´s here and at CO, found dedgren´s one, and well, it is different, but I really love the way I can build a public transportation system like in CiM and build the town at the same time. At the moment I feel addicted. Only being resticted in using props could stop me. But then... I think I would simply start a smaller map then.

Today I try to avoid the picture trouble. So there´s only a bunch of picture, places, rowhouses, something I really like. You can see the town hall again, the theater,  the court house, a high school, a place with another government building, some nice views, simply stuff I like.

Town Hall.jpg

Theater.jpg

Court House.jpg

A highschool.jpg

Another place.jpg

Elevated once more.jpg

a view I like.jpg

View to the lake.jpg

Nice view 01.jpg

Nice view 02.jpg

Entrance to the main station.jpg

Town Hall.jpg

Theater.jpg

Court House.jpg

A highschool.jpg

Another place.jpg

Elevated once more.jpg

a view I like.jpg

View to the lake.jpg

Nice view 01.jpg

Nice view 02.jpg

Town Hall.jpg

Theater.jpg

Court House.jpg

A highschool.jpg

Another place.jpg

Elevated once more.jpg

a view I like.jpg

View to the lake.jpg

Nice view 01.jpg

Nice view 02.jpg

Town Hall.jpg

Theater.jpg

Court House.jpg

A highschool.jpg

Another place.jpg

Elevated once more.jpg

a view I like.jpg

View to the lake.jpg

Nice view 01.jpg

Nice view 02.jpg

eufl

Noon in Goblinton

Heya!

REPLIES:

@Themistokles,

thanks for this nice comment! To setup a good local public network is one of my goals while planning a town, and here it is for free. The price - slightly higher taxes, so car drivers aren´t favored. The money is for all kind of traffic, and luckily in CSL now we have road maintenance staff, and I have to deal with both parts.

But the reason for my city to look great is, cause I can use great models - the same like in SC4 (the most original houses don´t look very realistic). But building is much easier than with SimCity. The system is totally different, and while you have much to much inhabitants in SC4, here you have only a few people living in the biggest buildings. Growing a town is done in a few hours, only you have to look for preservation before the next stage kills your attempt for beauty...

@korver,

thank you too! And yes, the night in C:SL is really impressive and a good time for shooting pictures!

And thank you all for lurking into, and also for the five stars! It´s a good feeling to show something, if people seem to like it. But don´t be shy, I don´t bite...

And now to the first update! I usually use an external hosting site, but sadly my pictures seem to dissapear at ST, so I can only show a few pictures instead of a whole bunch. I tried to find the best ones for today, a not so easy task, as Goblinton is steadily growing.

The first pictures show the main station again and tracks and bridges and tracks. West of the central station the line is built on bridges:

Elevated.jpg

Then it enters a dam to split in different tracks:

Train Tracks.jpg

The station itself had to be built on a massive embankment:

Central Station.jpg

Here you can see the station street entering the plateau:

Station Street.jpg

From here on the line leads forward on a dam to the main goods station (that I will show in another update):

Blick zur Bahn.jpg

Now some pictures of typical town life in Goblinton. First a busy street crossing at noon (you can easily spot the masses entering a tram here):

Busy Crossing.jpg

Wherever you look - people like to use the local public transport, it is still noon:

Platz am Mittag.jpg

Every town has it´s ugly parts:

Ugly.jpg

Another ugly complex but people like shopping:

Shopping must be.jpg

Yeah, that´s for today. The limit has it´s good sides - I have to make more updates... :D

I hope, you like it! Seeya, Carl

Elevated.jpg

Train Tracks.jpg

Central Station.jpg

Station Street.jpg

Blick zur Bahn.jpg

Busy Crossing.jpg

Platz am Mittag.jpg

Ugly.jpg

Shopping must be.jpg

Elevated.jpg

Train Tracks.jpg

Central Station.jpg

Station Street.jpg

Blick zur Bahn.jpg

Busy Crossing.jpg

Platz am Mittag.jpg

Ugly.jpg

Shopping must be.jpg

EDIT: I have no clue, why the pictures always get doubled but they do. I´ve edited both entrances two times and I did not get rid of the masses...

Elevated.jpg

Train Tracks.jpg

Central Station.jpg

Station Street.jpg

Blick zur Bahn.jpg

Busy Crossing.jpg

Platz am Mittag.jpg

Ugly.jpg

Shopping must be.jpg

eufl

Goblinton, a test town

This town started as a test but after some hundred hours of playing it became some serious thread to me. In the first place I only wanted to see, what I can do with this game, also I encountered Feindbild´s Brooklyn series, and then I couldn´t stop building anymore. I am playing on a nice map by BoldlyBuilding, Clear Lake is the name. Most buildings come from Feindbild(bold), Darf, Prosper, JayCroft, and Avanya, the most mods I am using are made by Boformer and BloodyPenguin. So I want to thank them but also all the now not mentioned creators as well.

I am from Europe, and I never visited the USA, so this town is a mixture of my personal view of a "typical American" Scenery with a less car traffic concentrated network system. No big Spaghettis but lots of tram, tube, and bus lines. Funny: Many people seem to have problems with traffic jams in C:SL, I never encountered one. And now I have roundabout 80 000 Cims in this town.

But enough text for now, here some pictures I´ve made in the last few days:

You can visit Goblinton per street:

01.jpg

Some people may like the country side and their cars...

02.jpg

Others prefer the train - like me:

03.jpg

Closer:

11.jpg

And from another angle:

12.jpg

I came late, view along the Main Street with the only skyscraper, the so called "Four Dicks Building":

1.jpg

I should not always climb to the roofs:

2.jpg

A street with residentials:

3.jpg

View to the townhall:

4.jpg

The second important street:

5.jpg

One of the depots surrounded by simply wonderful houses:

6.jpg

Yes, I love this kind of architecture:

7.jpg

It wouldn´t be Cities Skylines without a freeway:

8.jpg

And the last picture shows the Four Dicks Building again, kindo SinCity feeling...:

14.jpg

Edited cause I did not know, how this picture thingy works... Have fun looking, seeya, Carl

02.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg