• Moose

Tecta

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Tecta is a state in the United Sim Union. This region is highly unused land and is currently under development.

Entries in this City Journal

quesocat

Introduction

Welcome to Tecta, the Jewel of the USU!

This CJ is about a city that I abandoned about 2 years ago and have recently began playing again. It had some major issues, some of which still aren't resolved, and I'm hoping to get some constructive criticism on how to fix them. Without any more introductions, I'm going to give you some history and information on the region's largest city, North Bank City.

North Bank City is the largest city and county seat of Kelly County. The area has been inhabited by native Sims for hundreds of years, but only became an incorporated city in 1937, when Bruce Upleger established the Village of Upleger. In 1963, the city was renamed North Bank City, because of its position on the Pelham River. From here, the city's population slowly increased until it was at about 75,000 in 1991. From here, the population boomed and it is now at 101,000. This population boom was due to the high availability of jobs in the city. The economy also grew during this time, because of the tourism industry.

1. North Bank City is located near the Pelham River Delta area. This is prime location for shipping and transportation. Much of the city outside of downtown consists of suburbs and smaller business and commercial parks.

Region1.jpg

2. Downtown North Bank City, nicknamed "The Bank", is located on the northern bank of the Pelham River. Here you can see famous tourist destinations such as the National One Bank Tower, Perry Station, Taylor Performing Arts Center, Central Park, and the North Bank Zoo.

nbc1.jpg

3. Central Park has been part of the Urban Renewal Project set up in 2011. Before the park, there were old, dilapidated low-class housing projects that were quite the eyesore. The residents were moved to better housing in the many suburbs surrounding North Bank City.

nbc7.jpg

4. Town Circle is the center point of the city. It separates downtown and midtown and is used by almost any Sim that has to commute downtown.

nbc14.jpg

5. Perry Station is the famous first train station built in North Bank City. Erected in 1945, this station has seen trains carrying passengers, ammunition, soldiers, and vehicles. It also houses a WWII museum.

nbc6.jpg

6. Here is a very simple transit map.

Key:

Red - Interstate

Yellow - Beltway

Green - Rail/Rail Station

Purple - Avenue

nbc18.jpg

Thank you for reading this! I hope it isn't too terrible! The next update will probably be more of the tourism and transportation of NBC (North Bank City). Again, thank you!

Region1.jpg

nbc1.jpg

nbc7.jpg

nbc14.jpg

nbc6.jpg

nbc18.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0