Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Hi everyone! Welcome to the journal of the city of Gastaram

Quick Introduction:
Gastaram is a major city within the nation of Teodoros. With its deeply rooted Spanish influence throughout its history, the city at present is a metropolis combining a bit of the old and a lot of the new. The city is nestled in an enclosed estuary along the Gastaram de bai, a perfect haven for docking vessels and sea traders during its early days. 

Entries in this City Journal

fuzion051

Quick Introduction:
Gastaram is a major city within the nation of Teodoros. With its deeply rooted Spanish influence throughout its history, the city at present is a metropolis combining a bit of the old and a lot of the new. The city is nestled in an enclosed estuary along the Gastaram bai, a perfect haven for docking vessels and sea traders during its early days. 

Geography and Geology:
Before we go around the city let me discuss a bit regarding its topographic setting. The geography around Gastaram undoubtedly forms a dramatic background against the modern skyline of the present city. The region is comprised of northwest-southeast trending mountain ridges bounding a shallow estuary onto which three major rivers (Languine, Oltrano, and Gastaram) drain.

D1fLrEB.jpg

pdWDEcU.jpg

*upper left label: Languine river; upper right label: Oltrano river; lower label: Gastaram river; left label: Estuario Gastaram

N2Rawur.jpg

The mountain ridges are mainly composed of diorite (an igneous rock) thus profoundly influencing the weathering of these ridges, which often show smooth rolling slopes. 

GogBnyI.jpg

Upstream of the Languine river, the Languine Canyon incised deeply on the ridge with steeply dipping slopes on both sides. 

2Po60X2.jpg
The NW-SE trending of the ridges is mainly influenced by faults, also trending NW-SE. In fact, The Languine and Gastaram rivers are influenced by the Gastaram Fault, an active fault known to have generated major earthquakes in the past.

That's it for a quick overview of the topographic setting of the city of Gastaram. I'll be presenting the city itself on my next journal entry but for now I'll leave you with a few peeks of the city itself.

lCzDRsu.jpg

cj2id6v.jpg

SFaF5sp.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0