I am glad to welcome you in the capital of the Guademian republic again. Today you will get acquainted with two more districts of the city (more correctly with their southern parts). This districts: Broonwick and Baydfall. Their southern parts border in the south on North Nord Fill and are divided by Weits River. These areas aren't so popular with tourists as they the historic center of the city, but at the same time aren't less interesting and not less important. These areas have the main important role for permanent residents of the capital, though to guests of the capital these areas can be remarkable (in particular some quarters of these areas). In these two areas some universities, the market, important administrative objects, the ministries, the former prison, and nowadays being the museum, one of terminals of a city-suburban electric train are located. This area is also crossed by the second boulevard ring(Friedrick Boulevard Ring) that does these areas by important transport hubs of the city. The most part of quarters of these areas is sleeping, but also there are some historical sights. These areas were included in structure of Norige Hills in 1896, and earlier were its suburbs.
Broonwick — the third district of Norige Hills. The southern part of the area (about which we speak today) adjoins to the central part of the city, as a part of Norige Hills is educated in the 19th century. Is the densely populated area with a set of municipal housing though there is a historical architecture (mainly in the southern part of the area which developed because of proximity to the city). It is known approximately since 1200.The area is located in the northwest of the central part of the city of Norige Hills. Occupies the space of 7,42 sq.km. This area is in the center of the municipal districts of Norige Hills. The area borders on the area Hadilston in the north, in the south borders on Nord Fill(northern part), the East borders on the district Baydfall.The Weast Borders on the district Nidhans. In the south it is separated from the district Nord Fill by the Weits River.In comparison with other central regions of the city, is rather planted trees and shrubs, thanks to big space in the southern part which is built up in the majority with municipal buildings.The area is most known for the concert hall built in 1979 in which there take place all main concerts of the country which are broadcast on all central channels of the country. It was constructed by Evgeny Bluming. In the territory of the area also the market with the name of the area of the same name is located. On the Clapham square Saint Rupert's and Virgil cathedral is located.Has been attached to the city in 1896, and earlier was the suburb of the capital.
The big sleeping quarter Vauxhall has been built in the period of 1960-1970, instead of shabby housing, for working class. Sleeping quarter has been divided into two blocks. The block A settles down to the southwest of the area on the Weits River, overlooking the small park on quay.The quarter is crossed by a boulevard ring. This sleeping quarter has a convenient arrangement, thanks to existence of the main thoroughfare of the city and a wide choice of public transport (many bus and tram routes cross this quarter) therefore it is very convenient to inhabitants of this quarter to reach for work practically any point of the city. In Blok A also there is a kindergarten and school. There are playgrounds, parking spaces and several large supermarkets within walking distance.
In the Block B there are two schools, 1 kindergarten, city policlinic. With the Block A it is divided by a Friedrick boulevard ring, and in the east it is limited to Marshwood Avenue which is in turn crossed with a boulevard ring. The Avenue is an important transport artery of the city, stretching from a northern part of a boulevard ring to the district Hadilston. According to the Marshwood Avenue trams and buses go. Also near a quarter the main concert hall of the city, and to the closest metro station of only 10 minutes on foot is located.
Here is how in general quarter looks. As you see building of municipal buildings is mixed with historical buildings. It was affected by proximity to the historic center of the city. Therefore this area partially is sleeping (at least in the south which we discuss today)
The cathedral is devoted to Saints Rupert and Virgil. The building is located to the East from the Marshwood Avenue, on the Clapham Square adjacent to a boulevard ring. The present structure is executed in Baroque style and has length 101 meters with a width of 45 meters. Height of the main building — 32 meters, dome height — 79 meters, height of towers — 81 meters. The cathedral has 11 altars, 5 bodies and a set of bells, the oldest of which have been cast in the XVI—XVII centuries. The principal organ belonging to 1703 has been replaced in 1988 with the new tool manufactured in Mikenstein. The cathedral has 900 seats, all at the same time can be in it to 10 thousand people.
On the square the Ministry of Education is also located.There are always a lot of people. Tourists, students, citizens, shopaholics, constant guests of the area and nearby streets
To the East from the area, parallel to it, one of the oldest universities of the country is located. To the middle of the 19th century, the building belonged to one rich aristocrat of that time, but after disintegration of the empire when the country became the republic, the government has decided to arrange in this building university.
Near the Clapham Square there is an elite night club in which celebrities, athletes and other bohemians like to have a good time.
On eastern frontier with the district Baydfall the market is located. It is the main market of the Broonwick, the smallest, but with the most wide choice of fresh vegetables, fruit, souvenirs and other goods. The market is located in a quarterWhitechapel. This quarter the headquarters of some corporations, some important administrative objects, such as tax authorities, the central district mail, several supermarkets and various retail stores also located. This quarter there are buildings built in the 17th century.
Also private clinic.
To the South of a quarter on the Weits River in 2001 the elite housing estate with own private parking, with football fields and tennis courts has been constructed. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays use of sports constructions is available to everyone (to residents of houses adjacent to sports constructions, it is free). In the south it is limited to Weits River, and in the north a Friedrick boulevard ring.
Fourth district of Norige Hills. As well as Broonwick, is located is very subcentral therefore treats the central part of the city (we will discuss detailed administrative division of the capital soon and very in detail). In the area there is a pedagogical university with the big park adjacent to university and the football field, and also the large residential sleeping quarter which settled down on the river bank adjoins to the park from South side. Also in the area there is a medical research center, medical college, city clinical hospital, 3 schools and 2 kindergartens. The main thoroughfares the Vernand Avenue beginning at a royal garden in Nord Fill and stretching to northern border of the city. Also Ronkley Avenue which is crossed with the Vernand Avenue and stretches to the Marlhays district. These two important roads do this area by the important transport hub. Also thanks to the settling-down on the western border of the region of the Terminal A of a city-suburban electric train, the metro station 4 lines, terminal point of many bus routes and trams. The terminal is one of the main transport hubs of public transport. At the station square the station of a taxi is also located. From here it is possible to move conveniently around the city on public transport, it is convenient to reach any point of the city at any time. It is quite noisy area, cars, important administrative objects, for example the Ministry of Health is a lot of here. Here the dense population is enough. In the area there are no special sights therefore tourists are seldom and that in transit here, using the terminal as a starting point to other districts of the city.
the terminal A is terminal and transit point for routes
Bus: A13, A27,A84,A85,A67,A133,A95,A55, B33,B77,B150,B340a,B601,B89a,R50,R721,R11,R734, R677,R652a,C5,C9.C12,N63a,N98,N25
City-suburban electric train SR1,SR2,SR3,3a,3b,SR4,SR9,9a,9b,SR10
(is more detailed about public transport of the capital and agglomeration you learns later, with detailed maps, explanations and routes)
It is based on August 16, 1809 at the initiative of Wilhelm Gamboldt. In 1828 has received the name Wilhelm Gamboldt's University in honor of the famous philologist.
Occupations at university have begun in 1810, 256 students have been at that time enlisted. In their 2008 there were 34 612.
In the 19th century the university was one of the largest Sim National World scientific centers.
The large inhabited massif built for people of middle class adjoins to the university park.
To the East from the Vernand avenue, on the Friedrick Boulevard ring, to the West from the university park, one more dormitory area for people of middle class was located. In general all quarter (which the housing estate, university with the park and enters this white quarter) are quite prestigious quarter of the city
The promised bonus in the form of a general panorama of the central part of the city:
Island Garfield. In east part of the island you see the former prison in which the museum which is very popular with tourists nowadays is located. Here it is possible to reach by bus from the central station and from the Terminal A
Next time you will see:
The most prestigious, modern, bohemian district of the city after the historic center. Unusual skyscrapers, shopping centers, bohemian quarters and botanical garden