• Moose

RockWell Region

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

As the city reaches the modern age populations of large neighbor city are starting to crowd into this old time american city. With very little large scale road work and infrastructure the...

Entries in this City Journal

froelich131

END

Well, i'm throwing in the towel. Simcity 4 has been great, but i will not be making anymore city journals. I still play simcity 4, just i am trying to hone my skills, so before i can make a new cj i have to give consider all feed back, and please look through all my cjs and give me feed back. It can be cruel but please try and keep in contructive. Thanks and i wish you all a happy holiday season.

~Joey

froelich131

Blog

Ok well i just wanted everybody to know that i have a blog on simtropolis, located here: http://blogs.simtropolis.com/SaintCloud/ it is a blog for this CJ and maybe some other stuff.... anyways here i will post teasers and mini updates to this CJ. You should check out the blog right away since it already as some valued info on it.

In other matters, you have seen my city journal, i have probably seen yours, now lets help each other improve our CJ's but telling us tips and tricks, and even mods to download. Just comment on either my CJ or Blog on ways i could improve (give me complete critism i don't care if it is nice or rude just hand it over) and i'll do the same for you!

~Joey

froelich131

Set Backs

Ok well i have been using the parking lots HH modular parking. By Hooha since the day he came out with version 1. But now i have updated them and since i have integreted the parking lots so much into my city it will take me quiet some time to replace them. This is just a notice that it will be almost a month before another update.

But since it will be soooooooo long take a vote on what you think the next update should be:

New rail system (and any variation) (already in the works)

A national park somewhere outside of town

Work done on St. Joseph (not sauk rapids i have a large update planned)

Or work on neighborhoods (add detail... ect)

froelich131

Parks Gallore

Ok, well i did all kinds of things with the city since the last update, and i am already starting on the next update.... But we have all kinds of parks to show off, plaza parks, biking parks, school parks, office parks, and olde basic parks.

Starting off is the new Kingston park. It got hundreds of new trees new pike paths and some grand plazas.

img10001.jpg

Closer up:

img10002.jpg

Here is the new middle school, it replaces the k-12 old school that use to be in downtown.

img10004.jpg

Oops how'd this picture get in here? anyways, it is the new mall and hub for those little teenie sims

img10005.jpg

Heres a office park, It's worldwide name is Adam Industries.

img10006.jpg

Here is Tyranic park, it has everything and does anything, drugs are really bad around these areas of town.

img10007.jpg

Here is another world renowned building, The museum of all country capitals!

img10009.jpg

Getting close to downtown we see a hospital, it is overflowing with sick people, most are at a 100.3 temp and barely breathing, the cause is H1N1. 

img10010.jpg

Here is just a quick preview of downtown, not completed yet.

img10011.jpg

Heres the highschool, 9-12 grade here, k-5 for elemetary, and 6-7 for middle school. And for some people 3 additional years of schooling is optional.

img10012.jpg

Many neighborhoods

img10013.jpg

Here is a plaza park, mostly used for festivals and during 4th of July.

img10015.jpg

Heres a teaser for next update

img10014.jpg

That ends this update. Thanks for voting and another one will soon follow.

froelich131

Take a Vote

Ok well with school and sports and all kinds of things going on in my life i have had barely enough time to work on my city journal. 

And not only that but i have run into a dead end, i haven't a clue of what i was gonna do next to the region. So i decided fast forward a little, and since i have had that done i want to make the next few updates go into the peoples hands:

I have filled in the city and region around it, and now i need you to give me ideas to keep this CJ alive. Any idea will work, the downtown is about the size of St. Paul MN and the city is about 175,000 residents, now get me the wackiest most realistic challenge.

My current ideas are:

Fully upgrade all road and transit networks (about 2 weeks to complete)

Add a through downtown tunnel (kinda like the one in the twin cities mn) and make it the main traffic vein of the city. (3 days)

Expand and finish off rail system (6 days)

Have a disaster of some sort (N/A days)

Add more parks work on the look the the city and make it more realistic

Thats all i got and i want you to either vote on an idea or give me a completly new idea!

froelich131

New parts in town.

Ok well i messed up on the Forging new paths thing... But anyways here are some of the expansions of town towards the university...

This small shopping district is called the river side shopping district... ironic right? Anyways it is very close to the river and there for that is how it got it's name.

img10011.jpg

Zoomed out you will see the full amount of people that come to work and shop at this small district... and a small hotel to serve tourists.

img10012.jpg

Large residential growth towards the river. With the largest park of the city bodering this area it has some high land value.

img10013.jpg

And here is that large park... you can bike more than a mile on the trails.

img10014.jpg

And here is the total expansion of the city from the last time... much has grown and changed. And now the city population is hovering around at 60,000 people, plus a yearly growth of about 10,000+ students it has had a large growth spurt since the last update.

img10015.jpg

froelich131

Forging New Paths

Ok well since school has started and i have soccer to go to every day after school to about 6:30 then i have about 1 to 2 hours of homework i have virtually no time to do anything computer related except on the weekends. So since i need to get into a groove for school i will not be updating this CJ until soccer ends at which case it will still be awhile but here is what i will be doing in that long stretch of time:

I will be changing up everything. Going ahead in time and fast forwarding the city from now on. So every update will instead of being 1 year of length it will be 10 years. So 10 updates is 100 years. So the city will see some dramatic changes and downtown will change up to bigger better building. At this point i would like to thank the 1,133 people who viewed this CJ and the great rating of 2.83 (it's ok i guess)

And for any tips on what i should do since i am actually starting  up the game now tell me what you want me to do to change the city cause it will be completely new. 

froelich131

9/11

Just wanted everybody to take a nice silence for the tragic deaths of september 11. 

But on other news this CJ is gonna get steered into a different direction... more on this later.

froelich131

Ok well this wasn't gonna be a update in parts but i though that the puny 6 image update before wasn't big enough for an extravaganza so heres part 2!

With the need of better infrastructure in the region the area is repaving the highways and roads to help ease the stress of traffic overload as seen on this pictures. (Heavy traffic going into Saint Cloud from sauk rapids) 

img10005.jpg

Overview of sauk rapids!

img10002y.jpg

Closer... you can really see a difference in the colors from above.

img10003.jpg

Heres a new neighborhood.

img10004.jpg

Heres the expanded industrial area.

img10006.jpg

Thanks and comments will be done next week due to certain reasons (or sooner lol)

froelich131

Now i may be a week or 2 early but on the second of september (wednesday) i have my open house so... now onto the update!

Regional view! You can really see the difference in growth. And see downtown clearly!

img10005.jpg

Now birds-eye view.

img10000.jpg

Eastside (not gridded neiborhoods)

img10001.jpg

Northeast.

img10002.jpg

To the west by the power-plant is a large commercial center.

img10003.jpg

Now southwest 

img10004.jpg

froelich131

Today i will be showing 2 cities... first is my city (i call it that since it has my name) St. Joseph and second a updated Sauk Rapids!

St. Joseph... i didn't just name it that cause thats my name it is an actual city close by where i live....

Small city with small downtown

img10011.jpg

A small industrial center in St Joseph

img10012.jpg

A complete overview of St. Joseph... you can see the highway go around the hills, downtown. and farmland.

img10013.jpg

And on to Sauk Rapids... here is another small industrial center that help serves a larger population than St. Joseph.

img10014.jpg

A new sub division 

img10015.jpg

A new part of town...

img10016t.jpg

And finally some commuters heading to Saint Cloud.

img10017.jpg

froelich131

Downtown St. Cloud is very crowded, thats why the newer buildings are forced to grow up taller and not wider...

North side of town

img10000.jpg

Southern side of town

img10001.jpg

Great new school.

img10002.jpg

The new much larger building has been built at the intersection... it was made to fit in with the original downtown look (w2w)

img10003.jpg

But even with the newer larger building downtown still must expand, as shown here, newer looking buildings then original downtown.

img10005.jpg

froelich131

Replies

Simtropolis%20Sig1.jpg

CTMandr:   

looking good! I don't recall very many people taking time to create a custom graveyard, it fits the rural area nice. your farms look great as well, however if you want a touch of realism, you can change up their shapes, and surround them with trees, it'll make the city all that much better. Keep going! I can't wait to see more!

Thanks, and yeah i was looking for random content that i thought would help make this CJ stand out so the graveyard came to me, it is real basic and perfect for rural areas so thanks again.

sc4box2.jpg

Blakeway

Nice, I just have a question... Would you get it more higher? If you do that, it'll be more nice I guess! xD

Now i am the one asking the question... What do you mean??

bobmarleylegend.jpg

Thepokemaniac

Looks good! What street/road mod do you use?

Ok well i was looking for the NAM latest version and so i typed in NAM and this came up as one of the results:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=results 5th one down called THZ Ashy Traffic Textures Mod

sc4box2.jpg

Blakeway

There is too much concrete I think in your city!

Are you thinking the roads are all concrete? 

And if you have ever looked on google world you will see in commercial areas concrete, and zoom out to look and the entire city see every commercial area. So give me specific details on what you want me to change and i will most certainly do it.

froelich131

Saint cloud is quickly becoming a economic power in the region since now it supplies power and most medical needs in the region.

The new power plant, With this the city sells power to other cities in the region.

img10008.jpg

The new neighborhood and regional clinic.

img10005.jpg

The newer Saint Cloud is much changed from the last update, the downtown is very crowded now and doesn't have much room to expand.

img10010.jpg

A close up of downtown, you can see a new parking garage built, it blends in perfectly, this is to help keep the wall to wall look.

img10007.jpg

Some companies are moving south of the rail line, which use to be  the old town border. 

img10009.jpg

froelich131

Sauk Rapids

images31.jpg  

Sky guy 

looks like the start of a great city! And the parking lots add a nice touch. Cant wait for more! 

Thanks Sky Guy! and i will be feeding your hunger since i already have pumped out an update.

bobmarleylegend.jpg

Thepokemaniac 

Nice job! I cant wait to see it get huge, I mean, if you want that.3.gif  Say, aren't you from St Cloud, MN?

Thanks and yes i plan on building up this city... and St. Cloud is my home town and current residence... 

i used the name a lot in the past since i like it. 

igod32.JPG

IGod

i must agree with thepokemaniac & Sky Guy, this could be interesting to watch. Keep the good work up mate

Ohh it will be a show that will last a life time!

Sauk Rapids!

This city isn't considered a city by many folk, but it does have a fair grip on the economy. With not much farming in the area this city is above most other cities. With it's large fields flourishing with all kinds of crops. And if you ever find your self asking where do i get my names i get them from the local towns where i live. Saint Cloud, Sauk rapids, St. Joseph (my name), and more!

Here we see county Rd 7, bypass the city. And across the river is forests with plentiful farms aswell.

img10000g.jpg

A closer look at the farms.

img10001q.jpg

Some of the newer houses that went up and the the rail-line running along side the highway.  

img10002.jpg

The local graveyard.

img10003.jpg

The main part of town with many low income people.

img10004.jpg

froelich131

Saint Cloud

I'll start off with small city with a bustling downtown, Saint Cloud. 

Here downtown and the city... it is a major transportation hub, with a rail line and highway 10 cutting right through town.

img10000.jpg

Here is a closer view... the city has been suffering from small economical depression.

img10001q.jpg

Here you see the intersection of highway 10 and main street. (highway 10 going from left to right) 

and main street also is county rd. 7

img10002.jpg

You can clearly see some households getting abandoned, and some traffic flow.

img10003.jpg

The movie theatre and more traffic flow.

img10004.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0